Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by slumlord
Have you noticed he preaches with his eyes closed, every now and then he peeks just to see if anyone is still sitting there listening to his bull shît.
They hold services in the building that used to be the home of the Houston Rockets. They spent about a hundred million dollars renovating the building into their church home. He’s pretty popular down there. They have about 6 services a week and average over 50,000 worshippers/attendees a week. I’ve trmied to watch the guy, but he just doesn’t do it for me. Same with trying to read one of his books. It just ain’t there, for me. But he clearly does something good for many, many thousands of people on a regular basis. I’ve seen his house in the River Oaks section of Houston. It’s pretty flippin’ nice.

Any "Church" that has $ 100 million needs to reassess their mission if all that was spent on renovating a building.

$90 mil of it might have had a higher purpose helping others and if you can't build a nice enough "House of Worship" for $10 mil, perhaps it's not a "House of Worship" but a measure of one's grandiosity.

And folks wonder why some of us choose to worship outdoors, in the mountains, forests, prairies and waterways.

Sheesh, hold into the feathering of thy nests.

Down here in the dirty south,

You don’t have a church til you have a “family life center” aka a gym.
got to have FLC for the Upwards Basketball and Wild Game Supper, and Gospel-Bluegrass Fish Fry Hoedown

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Have you noticed he preaches with his eyes closed, every now and then he peeks just to see if anyone is still sitting there listening to his bull shît.
They hold services in the building that used to be the home of the Houston Rockets. They spent about a hundred million dollars renovating the building into their church home. He’s pretty popular down there. They have about 6 services a week and average over 50,000 worshippers/attendees a week. I’ve trmied to watch the guy, but he just doesn’t do it for me. Same with trying to read one of his books. It just ain’t there, for me. But he clearly does something good for many, many thousands of people on a regular basis. I’ve seen his house in the River Oaks section of Houston. It’s pretty flippin’ nice.

Any "Church" that has $ 100 million needs to reassess their mission if all that was spent on renovating a building.

$90 mil of it might have had a higher purpose helping others and if you can't build a nice enough "House of Worship" for $10 mil, perhaps it's not a "House of Worship" but a measure of one's grandiosity.

And folks wonder why some of us choose to worship outdoors, in the mountains, forests, prairies and waterways.

Sheesh, hold into the feathering of thy nests.

Down here in the dirty south,

You don’t have a church til you have a “family life center” aka a gym.
got to have FLC for the Upwards Basketball and Wild Game Supper, and Gospel-Bluegrass Fish Fry Hoedown

If'n they gots the good hush puppies at that fish fry, I'm in for two dinners.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I agree.

What happens to tent revivals?

Don't know,haven't seen many lately.

That Copeland video JeffP posted up there got me to thinking. Seems he needs a private plane to do the Lord's work.

I wonder if Jesus used a private donkey to do his Father's work?

That was Jesse Duplantis. His conversation with Copeland about needing a jet is priceless

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've mentioned it many times before relating to religious threads on this board. When people get involved, in anything, it becomes a convoluted, screwed up mess. It's a real turnoff for many that are actually seeking the Truth, and it's a sad reality. God judges the heart, and is the only One who can do so. Man cannot.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I like his smooth talk.. I seldom know what he says.. just listen to his smooth voice...

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The body of Christ is people. Not a building. You don’t have to go anyplace or listen to any particular human to have a relationship with GOD .

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffP
The body of Christ is people. Not a building. You don’t have to go anyplace or listen to any particular human to have a relationship with GOD .
Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by SuperCub
It's a message that lots of people "want" to hear, but big numbers doesn't make his message right. Sunday Night Football gets big numbers as well.
”Sunday Night Football” likely doesn’t do people some good on the inside, and it likely doesn’t motivate them to make their lives better...and to get cleaned up and go to work and become productive and take care of their families and become better people, etc....

Good works won't get you anywhere.
It's true salvation comes before good works but good works keep a man where he is supposed to be.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.Ep 2:10

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've mentioned it many times before relating to religious threads on this board. When people get involved, in anything, it becomes a convoluted, screwed up mess. It's a real turnoff for many that are actually seeking the Truth, and it's a sad reality. God judges the heart, and is the only One who can do so. Man cannot.
Yep. And no matter how much good a particular entity might do, they aren’t perfect, and there will still be many who find fault with them. If Jesus Himself showed up again teaching the same things He taught 2000 years ago, He’d be criticized by many (just like He was ‘then’). And much of the criticism would likely come from ‘religious’ people (just like it was ‘then’).

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffP
I agree.

What happens to tent revivals?

Don't know,haven't seen many lately.

That Copeland video JeffP posted up there got me to thinking. Seems he needs a private plane to do the Lord's work.

I wonder if Jesus used a private donkey to do his Father's work?

That was Jesse Duplantis. His conversation with Copeland about needing a jet is priceless

And folks believe that.

Free country and free to believe what one wants to believe.

I guess if I was of the type where the Spirit moved me to jump up outa my seat and have a conversation with God, I'd need a private plane too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep. And no matter how much good a particular entity might do, they aren’t perfect, and there will still be many who find fault with them. If Jesus Himself showed up again teaching the same things He taught 2000 years ago, He’d be criticized by many (just like He was ‘then’). And much of the criticism would likely come from ‘religious’ people (just like it was ‘then’).

Gee, ya think?

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
19”??

Braggart

We got 13” black n white in the kitchen.

I’m not buying a color television just to watch neegrows on it.

19 inch was a wedding gift 40 yrs ago from Mee Maw and Paw Paw.

13 inch still on the kitchen counter next to the tinna bacon grease and cookie jar bear.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

yep

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good works won't get you anywhere. I agree that they don’t get one into an eternity with God. But the above things most definitely makes one’s life ‘here’ better, and they also make one’s loved ones lives better too.

You know the problem. These folks think that if they do what Osteen says, they are eternally saved. Heaven forbid they read the Bible and test the teaching. I bet 90%+ of the congregation have never cracked a Bible.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
19”??

Braggart

13 inch still on the kitchen counter next to the tinna bacon grease and cookie jar bear.

I bet you don’t refrigerate your jar o’ mayonnaise either?

Let it sit on the counter year round? 😂🤪

Semi clear looking.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
19”??

Braggart

Semi clear looking.

Dats d salad drassin

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Would Jesus Wear a Rolex?

Ray Steven’s sez......

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
19”??

Braggart

Semi clear looking.

Dats d salad drassin

Gam Gam had a jar that set out.

I’d go stay with her when school let out.

I got old enough to read the label “refrigerate after opening”

Gam Gam, why don’t you have this in the frig?

“You ain’t gotta put that in the icebox. Them eggs are cooked” 😂🤪

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The first steps of becoming tarter sauce 🤮

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They want you to send your money to the lord, but they give you THEIR address......

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
667 members (219DW, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 80 invisible), 2,899 guests, and 1,398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.