Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
A friend of mine bought a pallet of old stock composite decking screws.

These are the super fancy painted screws you use on a Premium deck installation on your house.

He has two colors available gray and Redwood.

Home Depot and Lowe's sells these screws at $30 a box. Approximately 5 lb.

He is selling the screws at $12 a box. 350 screws in each box. Low profile head number to posi Square Drive.

There is a 5 box minimum. Not worth the trouble to meet on a single box of screws.

He also has bulk boxes. The same screws but in a 25 lb box.

Drop me a private message if you have interest.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
If someone outside of local travel for me in Virginia and West Virginia is interested in a large volume and is willing to pay the shipping we will see about maxing out a large priority mail box. Otherwise, it's just not really worth the trouble and the risk with mailing especially with USPS being a total joke nowadays.

Thank you for looking.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang Leonard where was these at last year when I needed 60 pounds.

" It will be fine after the swelling goes down "
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Just an FYI.

This price is cheaper than plain black regular drywall screws... per screw.

$12 ÷ 350 screws = cheap as dirt.

I have already helped him sell 10 boxes so don't wait if you have interest.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Cash can you ship, usps flat rate, how many can you get in large flat rate, can just dump in box dont need the boxes they came in

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd take 6 boxes of the gray in whatever size flat rate box they'll fit. Let me know total $

Last edited by DANNYL; 03/30/21.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Pm sent

Good judgment comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement! 🥴
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gemby58
Cash can you ship, usps flat rate, how many can you get in large flat rate, can just dump in box dont need the boxes they came in

I'll have to do some measurements, but I think you could probably fill a large flat rate shipping box with around 10 or so boxes. Might be eight and it might be 14. Shipping maybe run you $23 or something that.

I'll report back later.

Last edited by CashisKing; 03/30/21. Reason: Damn phone typos

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
The USPS small flat rate box is $21.50. If I recall correctly it is 12 in by 12 in by 5 inch. My estimation is I could open and consolidate various boxes and probably get about 7 boxes worth in the USPS flat rate box.

On the other hand the UPS standard ground shipping box is $26. It has total Dimension capacity 1720 in this makes it twice as large.

If that is the case I believe I could get 50 lb worth of screws in a UPS box.

About half of the screws have already been claimed and I really really prefer local face-to-face to save me the hassle of having to double box and use all of that packing tape. Again I'm only doing a friend a favor and there's nothing in it for me.

We are getting low on the gray screws. The Redwood colored ones seem to be less popular. The screws are physically located in Stafford Virginia near Quantico Marine Corps Base. If anyone is interested a local pickup is preferred.

With that said, I will accommodate your requests above when I have a chance to pick up the screws from my friend. If there are any other requests for shipping please contact me by private message.

These screws run about $0.09 per screw at Home Depot. His price is around 3 cents per screw.

Again, only trying to help a friend nothing in it for me. If you have interest please contact me by private message with a phone number.

If you find this posting irritating please move along to another posting that you do not find irritating. Thank you for your attention.

Last edited by CashisKing; 04/04/21. Reason: Autocorrect typos

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Hopefully I'm going to pick up a bunch of these screws today. They are with a friend about 2 and 1/2 hours away. I will be in Stafford Virginia and Woodbridge Virginia this evening. Then traveling to Harrisonburg Va tomorrow... happy to try to connect with people.

More information will follow. Anyone that has contacted me previously will get the screws they have requested.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I picked up 27 boxes today. That's 47750 screws. I was off in my original estimate. There are 112,000 remaining screws.

I will do what I can to see about shipping cost effectively if anyone is interested.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just remember “Tape Gate 2021” 🤣🤣🤣

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 16bore
Just remember “Tape Gate 2021” 🤣🤣🤣

EXACTLY!

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
USPS Large flat rate box is $21.50

One keg of screws is $60

Weight is about 26 pounds that is 1,750 screws.

Box will be well packed and have default USPS $50 in insurance.

PRICE IS $82 by check, cash or money order.

This Option #1

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
USPS Large flat rate box is $21.50

One keg of screws is $60

Plus four I pound desiccant packs at $4 each (found these when doing my packing analysis) they help fill the box well).

Weight is about 30 pounds that is 1,750 screws and 4 desiccant packs

Box will be well packed and have default USPS $50 in insurance.

PRICE IS $98 by check, cash or money order.

This Option #2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Option 3 is two boxes of screws shipped by UPS.

Two boxes will be retaped... then taped together. This cube is 10" × 10" × ×12". This cube is then reboxed in whatever box I have handy. I will probably use the better part of a roll of tape on everything to mitigate fiascos.

UPS has a shipping program with 1720 cubic inches and 50 lb of weight in the continental US for $26.

To the best of my knowledge there is no default insurance. This package will be mailed without insurance unless you would like to add an extra for that insurance. Just want to be clear.

The price is $120 for two boxes of screws plus $26 in shipping plus $2 for tape and having to haul it across town to The UPS Store.

$148 please by check, cash or money order.

Last edited by CashisKing; 04/19/21. Reason: Typos

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
The preferred method is to deliver face to face along Interstate 64 + 81 between Williamsburg and Harrisonburg Virginia then onward to Franklin West Virginia.

One box is $60 this way and 3 boxes is $165.

If anyone is interested in large volume the screws are located in Stafford Virginia. You will need to travel there to get them.

In full disclosure, my friend I was trying to help insisted I keep 50%. It was not my intention at all it was his insistence. I will probably give it back to him later. But I wanted to be clear.

Any screws that I ship will be diligently packed. I am not interested in a fiasco on either end.

I will not pour loose screws into a USPS box and hope for the best. Several have asked. I do not think this will end well.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Bump... Still have

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Bump

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

457 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 44 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,762
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.