Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I can't recover enough of my 10mm brass out of my XDM-10 and SR1911-10 to reload them enough times to comment. Yesterday, I retrieved 67% of my 10mm brass fired in the XDM-10, which was pretty good. I'm good for now, but I'm on the wait list for some Starline.

Not chasing down brass is a HUGE benefit of my awesome M610!

μολὼν λαβέ
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
I’m not much of a 1911 guy anymore but a 10mm in the ruger 1911 be nice along with a 38 super in a colt..

I went through more than a 100 pieces of brass yesterday. All range pick-up from both a Glock and Ruger 1911. I had to throw away all of the brass from the glock. Like I said in an earlier post, the glock really fu cks them up. I should take a picture of the carnage, but as much as it bulges out the bottom of the case, I for damn sure wouldn't be shooting the glock. I know you are a fan boy, but the unsupported barrel is a joke..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
rember there are 2 different primer sizes in 10mm now. like the 45acp a bean counter got involved I guess. !!

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
I’m not much of a 1911 guy anymore but a 10mm in the ruger 1911 be nice along with a 38 super in a colt..

I went through more than a 100 pieces of brass yesterday. All range pick-up from both a Glock and Ruger 1911. I had to throw away all of the brass from the glock. Like I said in an earlier post, the glock really fu cks them up. I should take a picture of the carnage, but as much as it bulges out the bottom of the case, I for damn sure wouldn't be shooting the glock. I know you are a fan boy, but the unsupported barrel is a joke..

Call me whatever but i will take a glock all day long over whatever is out there. Again only cases that are trouble are Underwood, Grizzly and buffaloe bore. The other stuff is fine r-p, Winchester, S&B, Sig and star line. But I think this post is more of the BSA way is the only way.. The rest of us are wrong..

And no I’m not flying to Oregon to shoot a bowling pin match lol..

Last edited by 79S; 12/14/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by domit
rember there are 2 different primer sizes in 10mm now. like the 45acp a bean counter got involved I guess. !!

Just federal and cci, I found some the other day. When I was sorting latest range pick up brass

Last edited by 79S; 12/14/20.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Back in the 90,s loaded alot of 44mag for sil. shooting .,.,ran 32 1/2gr of H110 behind a 240gr. sil. bullet with cci 350 primer., was kinda hot,., but would take rams with a hit low on the body./.what would happen is the primer pockets would get loose..got a rcbs primer pocket swager to take out mil crimp on 30-06 brass.,, tried on 44 mag
tightend them right up.,.,.also used mostly rp brass never kept track of how many times reloaded..I just didnt reload till i had shot 900 out of my 1000 rd base..never had probs with case separations

NRA life & RSO Plays with old trucks and tractors
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 445guy
Back in the 90,s loaded alot of 44mag for sil. shooting .,.,ran 32 1/2gr of H110 behind a 240gr. sil. bullet with cci 350 primer., was kinda hot,., but would take rams with a hit low on the body./.what would happen is the primer pockets would get loose..got a rcbs primer pocket swager to take out mil crimp on 30-06 brass.,, tried on 44 mag
tightend them right up.,.,.also used mostly rp brass never kept track of how many times reloaded..I just didnt reload till i had shot 900 out of my 1000 rd base..never had probs with case separations

Yeah your load with H110 and 240gr Bullets was/is only 8 1/2gr over max according to Hodgon data..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And I thought 24 grs was ambitious.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Ah, the old ‘Rocks and Dynamite’ school of silhouette handloads. I’d never do it, but to each their own....

Old70

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by sparkyv
I can't recover enough of my 10mm brass out of my XDM-10 and SR1911-10 to reload them enough times to comment. Yesterday, I retrieved 67% of my 10mm brass fired in the XDM-10, which was pretty good. I'm good for now, but I'm on the wait list for some Starline.

A guy at the range was using one of these:
https://www.gracomodels.com/catcher.html

I tried it with my XDM-10, and it worked great. I ordered on for myself. I hate losing 10mm empties!

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 445guy

Yikes!! You're fuucking terrifying. Don't give advice on internet forums anymore. If you are shooting the primer pockets of 44 mag cases loose, you are so far into dipschit land that you should really keep it to yourself.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

Call me whatever but i will take a glock all day long over whatever is out there. Again only cases that are trouble are Underwood, Grizzly and buffaloe bore. The other stuff is fine r-p, Winchester, S&B, Sig and star line. But I think this post is more of the BSA way is the only way.. The rest of us are wrong..

And no I’m not flying to Oregon to shoot a bowling pin match lol..

Nah he’s just drunk again......

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I was just reminded that I've loaded one same lot of brass, mild to wild since 2017. I usually lose them before they are no longer usable, but I still have about 50 pieces left from that lot, XTreme headstamp.

This.
Originally Posted by Fotis
Guys, toss them after the primer pocket expands. If they pass your brass inspection (cracks, split necks etc.) they are gtg. If the primer pocket starts giving then it is done.

Last edited by sparkyv; 03/07/21.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those buldged cases can be saved with the lee buldge buster.

I'd not feed 10.5 under a 200 after a pass through the buster....but in a supported chamber, you'd be hard pressed to see where the budget was.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by high_country_
Those buldged cases can be saved with the lee buldge buster.

I'd not feed 10.5 under a 200 after a pass through the buster....but in a supported chamber, you'd be hard pressed to see where the budget was.

After removing that bulge, run them through a sonic case cleaner. Look down inside. You won't be loading full house loads in that brass after that I hope.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by sparkyv

I can relate!

My clubs pistol range is grass, so I always used a tarp to catch my brass. However, once I started shooting my 10mm, I quickly realized I needed a larger tarp...lol!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
30 years ago, I had a Colt Delta Elite, and I shot mostly PMC and Midway-marked Starline brass. Some time later, I sold the Delta and kept the loaded ammo. A couple of months ago, I bought a 6" RIA Match Ultra 1911, it has a ramped barrel the Colt didn't have. I've been shooting up that ammo I loaded (fairly stiff at the time) in the new pistol, and it's working just dandy, and showing fewer pressure signs than the Colt did (they were "book max") I never had issues with the Colt, but the RIA seems to take things a bit better in stride.

I didn't know what to expect with the "off-brand" RIA, but it's shown itself to be a very nice pistol, and it runs smoother than I remember the Colt running. All that old ammo, loaded from Hornady and SIerra's first published loads with stiff AA#7 loads, is shooting just plain fine. Even my plinking loads with AA#2/200gr.SWC are doing well enough to make me happy with the ammo/gun combination. I'd done a lot of work to the Colt, good sights, a Heinie compensator, and some other things, and it was a dandy. I should have kept it, I guess, but this new pistol is pretty nice in its own right.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

690 members (007FJ, 163dm, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 3,146 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,096
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.