Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
As was expected, there will be an adjustment to the latest stay at home/lockdown order. The provincial police forces will not apply the order because they are unsure about enforcement criteria, and have better things to do.

Those of you who live in Ontario have probably seen this playing out over the last 48 hrs. Those of you who don't live in Ontario, relax. We do not live in a police state. This thread is reminiscent of checkers in the park. laugh

Watch the video in the link.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-...-loses-battle-against-covid-19-1.5390016

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If stopped, be sure and advise the cop to stay at least 2 meters away from you. Make sure he disinfects his hands before touching your drivers licence. Maybe toss him a little bottle of hand sanitizer. Keep your mask on. A goalie mask is probably as effective at transmission prevention as any. I'm thankful to not live in Ontario or in BC's lower mainland. GD

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by greydog
If stopped, be sure and advise the cop to stay at least 2 meters away from you. Make sure he disinfects his hands before touching your drivers licence. Maybe toss him a little bottle of hand sanitizer. Keep your mask on. A goalie mask is probably as effective at transmission prevention as any. I'm thankful to not live in Ontario or in BC's lower mainland. GD

Laughing! This is so true and a great example of how asinine this nonsense really is.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Originally Posted by greydog

Laughing! This is so true and a great example of how asinine this nonsense really is.

True that.

Ontario residents will adjust to it and realize they have to do as told. Like the dog that has its chain shortened a little every day.

Unfortunately they will demand every one do the same

Papers please. Looks an awful lot like a police state

Last edited by Lorne; 04/18/21.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"I'm made As hell, and I'm not taking it any more".

For all the good saying that does. cry

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are talking about the possibility of invoking the Canada Emergency Act . The crisis in Ontario is serious enough, certainly the GTA. That is the new name of the War Measure Act. That suspends all civil rights. Just ask the Quebec separatists about it.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
They are talking about the possibility of invoking the Canada Emergency Act . The crisis in Ontario is serious enough, certainly the GTA. That is the new name of the War Measure Act. That suspends all civil rights. Just ask the Quebec separatists about it.

downwind;
Morning sir, hope you're all well.

That is a disturbing but not surprising bit of news.

One hopes that they won't as we don't need it here, but who knows anymore?

Oh, the black Mercedes with Ontario plates was back at the neighbors this morning too - after I'd posted that maybe it was gone. grin

All the best to you folks this week.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 04/19/21.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So do I, It looks like the federal Liberals are bailing out the provincial Conservatives again.

Isn't this weather nice. I don't think there is a weed any where in our city lot , the wife has been outside so much.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Lorne, I have given that.

I have been misquoted, and talked down to of late, but that is not the issue here. In the above post, EdM asked about flu deaths. In the US, approximately 7 times the number of people have died from COVID-19, compared to the flu. 80, 000 flu deaths versus 566,000. The numbers are telling.

I will continue to ask that people wear a mask, socially distance themselves and get the shot. Do it for others.

Actually Steve 566K have died "with" Covid 19. It is estimated that about 5% of those people actually died "of" covid 19. An interesting note is that the overall death rate is very similar to that of 2018. Meaning that Covid 19 has not dramatically altered the number of people who die each year. 5% is a bit more than 28K. I do socially distance around strangers and in stores. I wear a mask where the business asks I do so. Living in Texas the mask rules have relaxed a great deal though some cities are still pushing them. Oddly this year the number of people with colds or the flu I have seen is very small, maybe 6 people total. I would bet they are just staying home.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I would have to see the stats, Rick. I went with what the CDC published. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I would have to see the stats, Rick. I went with what the CDC published. smile

This is a link from NBC known propaganda site meaning watch for the spin.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...ate-conspiracies-undermining-ncna1241343

This is a link to the CDC page in question.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/...GAHWFVO3DfslkJ0KsDEPQpWmPbKtp6EsoVV2Qs1Q

I wasn't able to decipher the 6% angle myself though NBC did note it exists.

Dog I rescued in January

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It seems to be a matter of semantics.

For example, diabetes doesn't kill in and of itself. It does cause complications that lead to kidney failure, strokes, heart attacks, etc. COVID 19 is similar. The trick is not to get COVID 19, so you do not increase the likelihood of complications that result like difficulty breathing, septic shock, pneumonia, etc.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

For example, diabetes doesn't kill in and of itself. It does cause complications that lead to kidney failure, strokes, heart attacks, etc. COVID 19 is similar. The trick is not to get COVID 19, so you do not increase the likelihood of complications that result like difficulty breathing, septic shock, pneumonia, etc.

I don't see how we won't all be exposed to it at some point. It is not going away. The Flu has been battled for many years yet it is still and issue that kills thousands every year. This said you would have to say at least some of the Covid deaths listed as such could have been caused by the "co morbidity's" . That and a lot of the people who die are in their 80's. My father died of a urinary tract infection at 87. There is room to say that the 1/2 million number is inflated.

Dog I rescued in January

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

Yes good points. Covid is similar to diabetes in some respects. Interesting to note that science says 90% of covid deaths could be avoided if people had proper vitamin D levels. This is an obvious awareness problem, that family physicians could, and need to address. Studies prove it has the same positive effect on many other illnesses as well.

The vast majority of people with type 2 diabetes have it because of what they eat. Those people dont realize that they can cure it by changing their diet to extremely low, or zero carb. Another failure of our medical professionals. The data is irrefutable at this point, and many doctors are curing all sorts of metabolic disease with the low or zero carb diets. The problem is it hasnt gone mainstream because pharmaceutical companies make billions when people are unhealthy. Thats the similarity between covid and diabetes that I see.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The micro biology of the gut offers some interesting understandings. But unlike little blue pills there is no money in it , so private pharma puts no money in it for research, Instead . it's up to underfunded universities.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 04/20/21.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The province of British Columbia is so impressed with Ontario's restrictions, they have decided to follow suit. After all, what could be more fun than placing restrictions on the general population in response to localized conditions. We can decimate the small businesses and cripple the grassroots tourism industry without doing too much harm to the big players like the airlines or high dollar destination resorts. Corksuckers. GD

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
What can you buy, and not buy, what does it take to get it bought?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
The micro biology of the gut offers some interesting understandings. But unlike little blue pills there is no money in it , so private pharma puts no money in it for research, Instead . it's up to underfunded universities.

So true. Follow the money. Fortunately there are more and more doctors becoming aware of how big a role diet plays into so many of the chronic illnesses of the day. Paleomedicina in Hungary has done more on it than anyplace Im aware of, but its really not new. The doctor that wrote "Strong Medicine" understood the relationship 80 years ago and treated his patients successfully with diet for 40-years. Sadly our society has become lazy, and many would rather just take the blue pill even though all its going to do is mask the symptoms, and do nothing to address the cause.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It looks like fishing for us yanks is not looking so good. frown

I'm making other plans. I'll never spend my money in Canada again

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (160user, 11point, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 69 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,628
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.