-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My friend and good neighbor passed away a few days ago. It has fallen to me (and I do not mind) to help his wife dispose of a lot of his hunting and shooting related possessions. One of those possessions is a Remington 105 cti. I have seen and handled the gun, and he told me he liked it and thought it was a good shotgun so I do not think it has anything wrong with it. I cannot give any specifics on it, such as barrel length, choke tubes, or any of that as of yet and I have no idea what variations might have been available.

I do know it was not well received and was discontinued rather quickly. Some things I have read on the web suggest that it was because of the fact that it ejects from the bottom, and that feature does not inspire confidence. I have no idea, really...I'm a rifle & handgun guy for the most part (but I do have my dad's Remington 17, a pump gun that ejects from the bottom and it functions flawlessly) and do not keep up with what's happening in the scattergun world.

So, since I will likely be selling this gun, what would be a reasonable and realistic price? It's in very nice shape and a good looking gun. I don't know when the sales will begin but I thought about this one today and thought I'd see what y'all think it might bring---even the roughest guesses would enhance my knowledge on this one.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There's four on GunBroker that went between $665 and $1200. That's usually where I start looking.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the suggestion, Rufus. I did go over there to look at completed auctions and saw that spread in final prices. That's quite a range in value. At least one of those guns had some significant character marks.

I guess I'll have to look at the barrel lengths and other features in some detail to see if there's any rhyme or reason.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm guessing with that gun there's so few data points you'll have to apply some guesswork as well. IIRC there was a "II" version at the end that was a somewhat significant update where they hoped to have ironed out the bugs but they pulled the plug shortly thereafter. Those may be more valuable than the original version as well but I have no idea.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (2500HD, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 41 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,291
Posts18,467,947
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.