T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Water situation is bleak.......60-70% snowpack at best.....for many years now

Coming to Utah or the west.......don't bitch about the dust

Pray for rain..........

https://www.ksl.com/article/50149717/western-us-prepares-for-possible-1st-water-shortage-declaration

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
its Romneys fault , get rid of that useless pos

.... like tears in the rain
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Our idaho republican senator is busy trying to remove 4 dams on the lower snake or Columbia. I think it's to help the salmon. Seems like reservoirs aren't a terrible idea with climate change and all.

Bb

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Unbelievably dry in mountain California, snowpack 50%, reservoirs less than 50%, wildfires already, look for serious food price hikes this year, spuds, onions, orchard, veggies, beer/hops, grapes/wine, coastal rivers very low and warm...maybe a salmon die-off...it's gonna get ugly.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most of the west and southwest.

We are in the red zone too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here on the northern border we've dodged the drought so far but it's doubtful our luck will hold.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

really sucks.........

I do blame mittens for it too........

Iffin we could turn our wind to rain.......

we'd be building arks........

holy schidtt...right now 39+ from the NW

and it ain't warm

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We need another El Nino weather pattern.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Here on the North Coast we have 65% of all the fresh water in the world flowing leisurely past our doors, and no you can't have any. smile

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We have been dark red for a while here.

Get a 1/2 in.of rain then next day get 4 in.of wind.

Repete every once in a while.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by plainsman456
We have been dark red for a while here.

Get a 1/2 in.of rain then next day get 4 in.of wind.

Repete every once in a while.

same here in Podunk

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We got some snow earlier today. It’s already blowing dust right now. Drier than a popcorn fart.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The SW has been in a long period of drought, about 20 years. If it keeps the water wars will be really starting next year when the Colorado river compact goes into severe drought rules.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I believe I read that Hoover Dam will not have enough water backed up to generate power in Sept, 2022.

What happens to places like Vegas then? Think about millions of people in civilized society without potable water. Might make Minneapolis look like summer camp.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by duck911
I believe I read that Hoover Dam will not have enough water backed up to generate power in Sept, 2022.

What happens to places like Vegas then? Think about millions of people in civilized society without potable water. Might make Minneapolis look like summer camp.

Try selling electric cars then.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Went fishing yesterday, reservoir was a good 20 to 25 feet low

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Our idaho republican senator is busy trying to remove 4 dams on the lower snake or Columbia. I think it's to help the salmon. Seems like reservoirs aren't a terrible idea with climate change and all.

Bb

Not that I support taking those out, but those four are regulatory reservoirs, not storage. Used to slow down flood stage, provide for barge transportation, and electrical generation.

Removing them would not have a large impact on the water woes downstream. It would impact other things, like wheat transportation off the Palouse, and Bonneville Power rates.

It might help the salmon and steelhead runs though. Until they get to the Columbia that is. But, at least then they only have a 300 or so mile swim to the ocean, instead of a 400 mile one.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
tikkanut,

what is this "water" stuff you speak of?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
The dust and dry was turrble south of Podunk last June.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well...it is a desert after all.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by duck911

What happens is Las Vegas keeps drawing water. The Water Authority recently completed a 3rd straw intake that is well below the dead pool water elevation. So, none can flow downstream but we can keep drawing and recycling.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hasn’t rained here in a week and a half or so. Ditch at the end of the drive way still flowing. 🤪

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Here on the North Coast we have 65% of all the fresh water in the world flowing leisurely past our doors, and no you can't have any. smile

Talk about making up numbers

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Rivers, salmon, dams, politicians, Indians, Warren Buffet. Who knows what these sons of bitches are plotting, with the dam removal program. Follow the money. I DO know when drought hits, ice cold water is drawn off the bottom of the dam and released into the river to lower fish mortality...take out the dams? I DO know that hydro power is clean and renewable...take out the dams?
I DO know that Irongate dam hatchery on the Klamath has been very successful since 1919 when the dams were built....take out the dams? I DO know that flood control and irrigation are positive forces for the economy...take out the dams? I DO know that a hundred years of silt accumulation will have some serious consequences...take out the dams? I'm waiting to hear the pro's for dam removal...you don't need a biology degree to see the cons.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Dry as hell out there( I am from the west) and yet they still keep building golf courses, in the desert!

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
We got several inches of snow the last few days so that will help. nearby lakes and rivers all low.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's been getting dryer and hotter for a long time here in the shadow of the Sierras, about the last 40 years or so. We've seen the hottest summers on record year after year, setting new records almost every year.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Well...it is a desert after all.

Weird how they are always surprised.

Yup.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Bb
Simpson is a congressman, not a senator. He's outlived his usefulness. The problem is that he can't get primaried because they never have anyone decent running against him.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Bb

Not that I support taking those out, but those four are regulatory reservoirs, not storage. Used to slow down flood stage, provide for barge transportation, and electrical generation.

Removing them would not have a large impact on the water woes downstream. It would impact other things, like wheat transportation off the Palouse, and Bonneville Power rates.

It might help the salmon and steelhead runs though. Until they get to the Columbia that is. But, at least then they only have a 300 or so mile swim to the ocean, instead of a 400 mile one.

Getting rid of 10,000 sea lions would go a lot farther in solving the salmon problem. It's estimated that they eat 50,000 lb of salmon PER DAY. The Marine Mammals Act was llike the Wild Horse Act. A bunch of do-gooders who had no foresight ran laws through congress with no sunset clauses. They didn't consider what would happen when their save-the-animals bills were successful and the populations just kept growing.

― George Orwell

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
What does sea lion taste like?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chicken?

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There was a situation a few years ago when the spring runoff had all the dams running at peak power production, enough to fill the grid and them some. They shut down all the windmills for a few weeks because the grid couldn't handle that much power. Normally when a company over produces something and can't sell it all, they pull in, lay off, and wait it out. Not in this case. The Bonneville Power Admin. paid the windmill owners for the power that they weren't producing. Your tax money at work.

― George Orwell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We've already had at least 13 wildfires in Utah this year. Gonna be an ugly, ugly summer.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock

Nothing made up.

Ever hear of the Great Lakes?

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've said for years now that water is a national security issue and we should treat it as such.

not in the sense of rationing, but in the sense of capture, diverting and desalinizing to meet the nation's needs for agriculture and residential growth.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Up here there was a low snow pack, now it hasn't rained or snowed in a couple months. It warm and windy, we broke a temp record on April 15th by 6 degree's. Rivers and lakes are way down.

The bush is really dry now, that and the fact that the forest mgt has been bungled. The millions of acres of dead and dry timber is going to burn, leaving People to run for their lives...again.

The hippies and freaks wont allow proper measures to be taken to mitigate forest fires, more backward thinking.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
A young friend told me the world will run out of fresh water before oil.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Played by Christian Bale in the movie adaptation of Michael Lewis’s The Big Short (2015), Michael Burry is famous for having called time on the subprime lending market years before anybody else – profiting hugely in the process. Yet, the film’s sting in the tail comes just before the credits, as a quote flicks up on the screen noting that nowadays:

This may seem surprising. But the Western world is slowly drinking itself dry. Think of a cup of coffee. A delicious cup of Joe requires 140 litres of water to travel from bush to table. That’s nothing compared to beef though, which requires 15,415 litres per kg[1], about the same as a single T-bone steak. Or if you flip it around, it takes roughly the water from two Olympic swimming pools to produce the meat from just one (largish) cow. All this consumption, from our morning coffees and steak dinners to the showers we have, means that the average American alone uses 575 litres of water a day.

For a planet that’s 71% covered in water, the gap between clean, accessible freshwater (less than 1%) and all the other types, however, is stark. Agriculture and food take up 69% of the world’s water resources. And this is set to only grow, both as a response to population growth, as the world hits 9.7 billion in 2050[2], and the increased wealth of that population, whose rise out of poverty leads to a demand for more ‘luxury’ foods, such as meat.

This continually increasing need will draw on aquifers that have been in decline since 2003, especially in areas of the world where water scarcity is already an issue. NASA has discovered that 21 of 37 of the world’s aquifers are currently being depleted[3]. Other freshwater sources, although not being drained are rapidly becoming polluted beyond repair. The Chinese government, for instance, admits that roughly 80% of the country’s surface groundwater is not fit for drinking, 90% of groundwater in urban areas is contaminated, and that 40% of its rivers are too polluted to use for either agricultural or industrial use. Jacques Cousteau long ago pointed out that, “water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans.”

https://www.killik.com/the-edit/why-michael-burry-is-investing-in-water/

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Colorado has no problem sucking down water for golf courses and new home developments that require blue grass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
New home developments, and things that make them attractive to buyers...such as golf courses...generate property taxes. And extortion of as much money as possible from the taxpayers is part of the absolute chief mandate of government here in America, at the local, state, and federal levels.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
its Romneys fault , get rid of that useless pos

He is a POS and I Would enjoy seeing him gone!

NRA Endowment Member
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A young friend told me the world will run out of fresh water before oil.

May run out of "fresh water", but not water.

May get ugly for a bit and like KFWA said above we[USA] needs to be looking at this item as a national treasure and protect it.

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Nothing made up.

Might have that much of North America's fresh water, but not the world's fresh water.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Rivers, salmon, dams, politicians, Indians, Warren Buffet. Who knows what these sons of bitches are plotting, with the dam removal program. Follow the money. I DO know when drought hits, ice cold water is drawn off the bottom of the dam and released into the river to lower fish mortality...take out the dams? I DO know that hydro power is clean and renewable...take out the dams?
I DO know that Irongate dam hatchery on the Klamath has been very successful since 1919 when the dams were built....take out the dams? I DO know that flood control and irrigation are positive forces for the economy...take out the dams? I DO know that a hundred years of silt accumulation will have some serious consequences...take out the dams? I'm waiting to hear the pro's for dam removal...you don't need a biology degree to see the cons.

This is an easy one: the OR and CA governors are planning a on replacing the hydroelectric energy with new “green energy”, and having the public line the wind turbine and solar cell contractors pockets as payback for campaign contributions. It’s just a little bit about the fish. The salmon run improvements are really only for show and not the primary reason to remove the three dams.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Yeah, those dams are so effing great; it's a wonder God didn't build them at the outset. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The ag biz out west always scared me a bit. When someone else can regulate your water supply you are living on the edge.

God regulates our water supply here in Iowa and he's been plenty fair with it.

Black Cows Matter!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
People moving to drier climates and bring their mentality that they can plant whatever they want regardless of the native landscape's needs and support structure. This applies to vegetation too.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bluegrass. A local farm store sells a low water grass mix they call Desert Green. It has several good looking varieties but no bluegrass. It looks good and uses half the water. Its courser than blue and doesnt stay as green in the winter but it does cut water use.
Its also resistant to sod webworm if you have that problem

― George Orwell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's bad here, saw a rattlesnake dragging a canteen.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Here in Arizona we don't get much rainfall as it is even though we have two rainy seasons. We have a winter rain and the monsoon in the summer and both have been sadly lacking for years. We've also been running warmer than usual and IIRC, February was one of the warmest, if not the warmest on record. I hate to think what this summer may be like.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apparently people are still arguing about if Twain wrote this or not. Either way it's still pithy

"About the turn of the century Mark Twain took a trip out to the West, passed through Nevada and California, and I believe Arizona. He returned to the East and summarized his view of this rather contentious area by saying, “Out there they use whiskey for drinking and they save the water for fighting.” Indeed, that was something of a prophecy about how we have handled our problems in the past"

Does anyone know how expensive desalination of water on a large scale is? If that really isn't practical it seems the smart move would be to plan to move large scale farming to areas with better water supply. I'd guess that we would loose some early season fresh fruits and vegetables? Personally I'd rather have to eat canned of frozen through the Winter and early Spring than not eat....

Please don't feed the trolls!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 673
Up here there was a low snow pack, now it hasn't rained or snowed in a couple months. It warm and windy, we broke a temp record on April 15th by 6 degree's. Rivers and lakes are way down.

The bush is really dry now, that and the fact that the forest mgt has been bungled. The millions of acres of dead and dry timber is going to burn, leaving People to run for their lives...again.

The hippies and freaks wont allow proper measures to be taken to mitigate forest fires, more backward thinking.

The battle kill timber up in BC is terrible. Huge fuel loads for forest fires. Am sure the art teacher Justin has it under control.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Many easterners don't understand how western water rights work. Just because you have water on your land, it usually moves to somewhere else in a creek or river. Someone downstream might have filed a right for that water. The rule is 1st in right gets the water. If there are more rights filed than there is water to fill them, the senior, or earliest, rights get their full amount before anyone else gets any. In water short years like this one, the junior rights might not get any at all. It's not divvied up, it's all or none. You might not like that rule but it was initially set up that way and the laws still exist. Changing it now would disrupt the entire western water supply system.

We had a discussion a while back about people in OR not being able to catch rainwater off their roofs in barrels for watering. To a westerner familiar with water rights, it's very understandable. That roof water will run off into a stream and someone downstream has a right to all water in the watershed. If you catch the water, it won't make it to the stream and you're depriving someone with a senior right of his water.

There's a ski area near here that would love to develop a new run. However, the land where the run would be doesn't get enough natural snow so they'd have to pump water from a creek near the current lifts to make snow. Sounds simple, right? Not so. A rancher down below has the rights on water in the creek. They can use it to make snow where it is as it will still be in the creek when it melts. The new run, however, would require the water to be pumped over a ridge. When it melted, it would go down a different creek and the rancher wouldn't get it. So, he refuses to allow the ski resort to use it as he would lose it. He has the rights, he gets the water.

There are some seemingly exceptions to the rights laws, but not really. An irrigation district can own the rights and sell shares to land owners. The district determines how much water a share will receive each year. My place is under the Twin Falls Canal Company. Generally, you own 1 share/acre and it entitles you to 1 acre foot per share. That's enough water to cover the acre a foot deep during the irrigation season. During a dry year, the Canal Co can reduce the amount of water per share if there isn't enough. This isn't an exception as the Canal Co holds the rights, not the individual land owner. The Company still get it's water under state law and it can divide it up among shareholders at it sees fit.

― George Orwell

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

for example here in Utah

You own water shares in the Canal/Water Company to irrigate with

People inside the city limits have a untreated secondary water source....late April-mid September

Lawns..gardens etc....an annual set fee per season---with restrictions---no watering between 11am-6pm for example

Especially with only 60% of snow pack on the hill

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Bb

Getting rid of 10,000 sea lions would go a lot farther in solving the salmon problem. It's estimated that they eat 50,000 lb of salmon PER DAY. The Marine Mammals Act was llike the Wild Horse Act. A bunch of do-gooders who had no foresight ran laws through congress with no sunset clauses. They didn't consider what would happen when their save-the-animals bills were successful and the populations just kept growing.

I'd have no problem giving the Tribes '06 ammo and saying go get you some sea lions.

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sign my ass up!

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There was a situation a few years ago when the spring runoff had all the dams running at peak power production, enough to fill the grid and them some. They shut down all the windmills for a few weeks because the grid couldn't handle that much power. Normally when a company over produces something and can't sell it all, they pull in, lay off, and wait it out. Not in this case. The Bonneville Power Admin. paid the windmill owners for the power that they weren't producing. Your tax money at work.

Yes, I was working on the river then. Every dam had their spillways AND powerhouses allowing as much water as possible to get through. By the time it hit Bonneville they were pushing over 500,000 cubic feet per second through the system. One is welcome to calculate that out to gallons per minute if they wish, I don't. I think they may have been pushing closer towards 600K cfs. And you're correct, the grid isn't designed for that kind of generation.

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA
I've said for years now that water is a national security issue and we should treat it as such.

not in the sense of rationing, but in the sense of capture, diverting and desalinizing to meet the nation's needs for agriculture and residential growth.

Maybe we should look at regulating "residential" growth too?

In it is contentment

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dry as a Baptist picnic here in SoCal yet the idiots running this state allow runaway development. No thought as to where we will get water to supply them all.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Did you know that only about a quarter of the water a plant receives is used for growth?

The rest is lost to evaporation.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Did you know that only about a quarter of the water a plant receives is used for growth?

The rest is lost to evaporation.

transpiration, eh?

We need to get rid of a few billion junipers here, that would certainly help get our aquifers back in some shape, and help with soil moisture during dry periods. Some sources say 40 gal per day for them sunsabishes.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA

Maybe we should look at regulating "residential" growth too?

probably, my focus would be on making sure our agricultural needs are met as the first priority

Last edited by KFWA; 04/20/21.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My Dad used to run cows up where Valsdad lives, and the photos from the '20's and '30's show that Junipers were not that plentiful back then, pines were a hundred yards apart. I wonder if the oldtimers and the Injuns kept the rangeland healthy by annual burning in the fall...or the result of over enthusiastic fire suppression hadn't started to show it's downside yet? In any case, we are sure paying the penalty for bad policy now. We have 4 seasons here now, fall, winter, spring and fire.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My Dad used to run cows up where Valsdad lives, and the photos from the '20's and '30's show that Junipers were not that plentiful back then, pines were a hundred yards apart. I wonder if the oldtimers and the Injuns kept the rangeland healthy by annual burning in the fall...or the result of over enthusiastic fire suppression hadn't started to show it's downside yet? In any case, we are sure paying the penalty for bad policy now. We have 4 seasons here now, fall, winter, spring and fire.

I had a 6 month job in K Falls in the summer of '98, but was a resident of Cali still so I put in for a tag in the Shasta, Tulelake, Tionesta area (X1 now, not sure about back then) and was lucky enough to draw. I hunted around Tionesta/Lava Beds NN a few days. When I moved back this way in 2016 I was stunned at all the 6'-10' junipers covering areas that were open grassland/sagebrush when I was here in '98.

So yeah, I have a sneaky suspicion different human behaviors have had some effect on things like that juniper intrusion that's happening now.

In it is contentment

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wish we could send some out to the west. We are 10 inches above normal just for the month of April.(that's what she said)

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Chicken?

Chicken of the Sea

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Modoc and Lassen and Washoe had a helluva drought back from 1928 to around 1935, little cow and sheep outfits were desperate for grass and water. The little guys had to push their cows continually for years, across other peoples land, government land, keep 'em moving. Big outfits were screaming bloody murder over 'trespass' to the county sheriffs, Forest Service and BLM agents were tearing their hair out trying to keep the grass thieves under control...it was a mess, with hot tempers, fences cut, guns pointed, threats made and received, some arson charged but never proved, bad bitter times. He often said of that time, "We thought the drought would never end, I looked for a buyer, but there weren't any, so I had no decision to make, had to keep going no matter how hopeless it looked".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lostsixgunner
What does sea lion taste like?

Kinda like a cross between a spotted owl and a desert tortise.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Nothing made up.

The Great Lakes pass leisurely past your door?
You live on a boat?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TRnCO

Nothing made up.

Might have that much of North America's fresh water, but not the world's fresh water.

U.S. EPA
Facts and Figures about the Great Lakes
The Great Lakes are, from west to east: Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie and Ontario. They are a dominant part of the physical and cultural heritage of North America.

Shared with Canada and spanning more than 750 miles (1,200 kilometers) from west to east, these vast inland freshwater seas provide water for consumption, transportation, power, recreation and a host of other uses.

The Great Lakes are one of the world’s largest surface freshwater ecosystems.

84% of North America's surface fresh water
about 21% of the world's supply of surface fresh water

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Nothing made up.

The Great Lakes pass leisurely past your door?
You live on a boat?

Ever hear that lakes have shores?

Duh!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Might need some flown in from Lake Superior when the verdict is announced. I wonder if the air tankers have been staged.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by TRnCO

Nothing made up.

U.S. EPA
Facts and Figures about the Great Lakes
The Great Lakes are, from west to east: Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie and Ontario. They are a dominant part of the physical and cultural heritage of North America.

Shared with Canada and spanning more than 750 miles (1,200 kilometers) from west to east, these vast inland freshwater seas provide water for consumption, transportation, power, recreation and a host of other uses.

The Great Lakes are one of the world’s largest surface freshwater ecosystems.

84% of North America's surface fresh water
about 21% of the world's supply of surface fresh water

84%? I didn't know it was quite that high.

21% of the world's water?

Whatever it is, it's more than the 10 western states combined. It all flows East out the St.Lawrence River. It has nothing to do with the Oglala Aquifier, which is declining.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Romans longest aqueduct was around 310 miles long serving Constantinople. They had it figured 700 years ago, you'd think we could figure it out today.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I’d love to have a year with below average rainfall. Nothing but rain for 2 1/2 years.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (10gaugemag, 35sambar, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 13 invisible), 1,588 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,656
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.