Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by AB2506
Contact Barnes or Remington.

Why would he contact Remington? I plainly stated in my earlier post on this thread that Remington has nothing to do with Barnes--because Remington, as an entire entity, declared bankruptcy in 2019, and the various parts of what used to be Remington were sold at auction in 2020.

Ok ok contact Winchester then gees no need to get all grandpa grumpy on us..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 79S

Why would he contact Remington? I plainly stated in my earlier post on this thread that Remington has nothing to do with Barnes--because Remington, as an entire entity, declared bankruptcy in 2019, and the various parts of what used to be Remington were sold at auction in 2020.

Why in hell would you want to contact Winchester?
Geez, you post stupid crap and then get offend when called on it

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prm
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Or maybe too many of the components are sourced outside of USA to legally be termed Made in USA. That's why Leupolds are no longer Made in America.

Which Leupold is no longer made in USA? Or, more accurately, designed, machined, and assembled in the USA?

Leupold scopes are made in America. There was a Redfield model of scope that was not made in America.

Binoculars, rangefinders and spotting scopes are not made in America, except maybe the Gold Ring spotting scope.

Made in USA and Assembled in USA have different legal meanings when it comes to selling products. If Leupolds that are labeled Assembled in USA met the requirements for Made in USA, you can be certain it would be stated that way. There's plenty on the Internet to read about the differences between made and assembled. Could be the same thing with Barnes ammo. Or it could be nothing at all but a misplaced sticker.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reply back from Barnes after I sent them an E-mail asking where their bullets are made:

Yes it is all made here in Mona UT.

Thank You

Ryan Farr | Tech Support/Consumer Services Lead
Barnes Bullets

Barnes Bullets disclaims all possible liability for damages including actual, incidental and consequential, resulting from usage of the information or advice contained in this message.
Use the data and advice at your own risk, and with extreme caution.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Always begin loading from the minimum "START” charge and carefully develop loads by increasing in small increments of 2% towards the Maximum load.

38 North Frontage Road, PO Box 620, Mona, UT 84645
Phone 435-856-1000 | Fax 435-856-1040

Last edited by Bugger; 04/20/21.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sorry to disrupt all your theories and gossip grin

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Bugger,

I think most on this thread assumed Barnes bullets are still being made in Utah--and I already knew that.. The OP's question was about where the ammo's made.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is what I sent:

There's a discussion on 24hourcampfire on where your bullets etc. is made. Is it all in Utah?

Thanks

I should have said bullets and ammo rather than bullets etc.

Bugger

I'll send a reply asking ammo in particular.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This time the reply was immediate

In Mona Utah

Thank You

Barnes Bullets

Barnes Bullets disclaims all possible liability for damages including actual, incidental and consequential, resulting from usage of the information or advice contained in this message.
Use the data and advice at your own risk, and with extreme caution.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Always begin loading from the minimum "START” charge and carefully develop loads by increasing in small increments of 2% towards the Maximum load.

38 North Frontage Road, PO Box 620, Mona, UT 84645
Phone 435-856-1000 | Fax 435-856-1040

Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 9:41 AM
To: Ryan Farr <RyanFbarnesbullets.com>
Subject: Re: RE: Manufacturing plant

Thanks Ryan

I guess the question is "where is the ammo made?"

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I emailed and asked specifically about ammo production since that was my original question, not reloading components. Here is the response a just received from Ryan:

Ryan Farr
4:28 PM (7 minutes ago)

to me

Tim
Most of the brass we use is Lapua or Norma and because that is not made in the USA we cannot use the Made in USA.

Thank You

Barnes Bullets

He answered my question simply and satisfactorily, without resorting to calling me a conspiracy theorist.
Thank you for the response Ryan.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Apparently NOWHERE these days. Can't find squat!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Bugger,

I think most on this thread assumed Barnes bullets are still being made in Utah--and I already knew that.. The OP's question was about where the ammo's made.

Absolutely correct. Thank you, Mule Deer.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S

Why don't you take a piece of your own advice and learn how to read before you throw your sucker in the dirt and stomp off toward home and mommy......................Might keep you from looking like a dumb arse yourself in the future!!

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Lapua? Norma? Schwing!

Liars should have good memories.
H. Babcock
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
I emailed and asked specifically about ammo production since that was my original question, not reloading components. Here is the response a just received from Ryan:

Ryan Farr

to me

Tim
Most of the brass we use is Lapua or Norma and because that is not made in the USA we cannot use the Made in USA.

Thank You

Barnes Bullets

He answered my question simply and satisfactorily, without resorting to calling me a conspiracy theorist.

Just like I said, and what a few had trouble comprehending. Could be the powder they use too.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
You guys crack me up. Not made in America bad. Unless it’s Lapua or Norma? Why don’t you demand they use made in America WW or RP? Oh right. Because it’s garbage. :-)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Yaddio
Lapua? Norma? Schwing!

I've only had their .223 and .243 ammo so can't speak extensively, but neither of those looked like Lapua.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
What does Lapua look like?

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

Ryan Farr

to me

Tim

Thank You

Barnes Bullets

The son of a good friend of mine works at Barnes in Utah. As of this fall he mentioned the ammo production was in the Utah plant, but I do recall him mentioning a few years back that some of the ammo was being made elsewhere, but maybe that has changed. He also mentioned that the ammo couldn't be labeled "Made In The USA" because some components came from foreign suppliers. I just assumed it was the powder they were using that was made outside the US but apparently the brass is too.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
You guys crack me up. Not made in America bad. Unless it’s Lapua or Norma? Why don’t you demand they use made in America WW or RP? Oh right. Because it’s garbage. :-)

More to the point, Not Made In China...........

Although I would prefer all handloading components and ammo be made in the USA, I don't have a problem with the Swedes and Scandinavians as suppliers.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Did you seriously think it was made in China?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 51 invisible), 1,975 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,723
Posts18,457,308
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.