Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by badger
Driven over 700k miles in Dodge/Ram trucks since '96. Been stranded one time with a failed ignition switch. I would say that's a pretty fair record.

Driven over 700k miles in Dodge/Ram trucks since '96. Been stranded one time with a failed ignition switch. I would say that's a pretty fair record.

How many trucks???
This is important information

GB2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by AML
It took me owning three dodge pickups to figure out they suck. Can't figure out how they get rated so highly by some publications.

Because ratings mean nothing they are bought and paid for
I never buy highly rated anything. I want experience from real people

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My dodge update
After taking it to a 3 rd respected tranny mechanic he claims it’s fixed. Seems the dodge engenders in there infante wisdom doesn let the torque converter pump at idle. Probbly for gas miladge sales
Gimik Causing oil starvation and heat build up causing transmission to fail
A sift kit to bump pressure and a kit to make it pump at idle.
If this doesn’t fix it I’m putting a Chevy 700 r4 in it

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I owned a ‘79 International Scout for 19 years.Only thing that gave me trouble was that damn Dodge transmission…

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
My dodge update
After taking it to a 3 rd respected tranny mechanic he claims it’s fixed. Seems the dodge engenders in there infante wisdom doesn let the torque converter pump at idle. Probbly for gas miladge sales

My god, if the trans is less reliable than a 700r4 it must be a huge POS.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TheKid
My dodge update

My god, if the trans is less reliable than a 700r4 it must be a huge POS.

I was thinking that same thing.

I will say I have had two (06 and a 14) with manuals before I got the current 20 with the Aisin cause I never wanted to deal with their transmissions. The Aisin seems very well built. Just turned 45K miles on it, mostly towing between 25-35K pounds and it is definitely the strongest truck I have owned to date and the transmission and exhaust brake in Tow/Haul is really darned good. Wasn't sure how I would like the auto but so far, I am pretty happy.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

How many trucks???
This is important information

4 trucks, 2 gas, 2 diesels. 478k on the 2 diesels, so far.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Still chuggin along in my old '06 1 ton Cummins, 207 thousand, only times stranded were blowing two different #4 injector lines, guess they beefed em up, have had no issue with them for 5 years or so.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Still chuggin along in my old '06 1 ton Cummins, 207 thousand, only times stranded were blowing two different #4 injector lines, guess they beefed em up, have had no issue with them for 5 years or so.

Man, that is a truck I wished I'd kept. Mine was a 5.9 Cummins with the 6 speed. I added a PacBrake and air bags to mine. What a pullin SOB it was. I had 238K on it when I traded it and it still ran and drove literally like it did when I picked it up with 2 miles on it.

Semper Fi
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I kept my 07 5.9 srw for a daily driver. For back and forth to work and running around it’s easier to get in places than my new cab and chassis. I’ve never had anything like the new truck out on the road though. Like beretzs said the brakes on them are amazing. Pretty wild towing over the divide and leave the cruise set going up and going off. Crazy to me but like I said I went from a 07 to a 2020. The 07 has been and still is a dandy as far as I’m concerned.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That 07 with the 5.9 is a darned gem. Might be worth as much in today’s market as when it was new. That is a helluva engine.

Semper Fi
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
It’s served me well. It had 130k on it when I got it and had close to 250k now. The only things I can think of worth mentioning is I put in new injectors around 200k and a rear main seal. Even with the old 4 speed auto ive towed horses from south florida georgia western Montana Colorado Utah and it’s never missed a beat. I am pretty partial to the new one when we travel. It’s my first new truck and we couldn’t be happier with it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I hear you. I’ve got a 2020 HO and man, it moves like no other stock truck I’ve ridden or driven.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by SCgman1
They're very popular with the Yellowstone ranch... ..
How can you argue with that?

Reliable transportation to get you to the train station.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by gunner500

Man, that is a truck I wished I'd kept. Mine was a 5.9 Cummins with the 6 speed. I added a PacBrake and air bags to mine. What a pullin SOB it was. I had 238K on it when I traded it and it still ran and drove literally like it did when I picked it up with 2 miles on it.

You bet buddy, i'll repair oy old '06 for as long as i can, i had the Cummins exhaust brake installed on mine the day bought it new, great feature, a little shop time and a longer belt, simple addition, glad you guys are enjoying those new rigs.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Sheesh!

Just got off the phone with my buddy in GA. His 2018 RAM 2500 transmission just schit the bed with 45k on it.

I had talked to him Monday and told him about my tranny taking a dump. He called me today and called me a dick for jinxing him😂

Just talked to him again. Truck has been sitting at the dealership for over 6 weeks. No eta on parts or when it’ll be ready. He said Fugk it, forget parts and repair, just order me a whole new transmission.
They said there was over 50 transmissions backordered nationally and no telling when it would come in.

Dodge/Ram is only covering a portion of his cost for a rental so he can keep working. He’s gonna be out a decent pile of money by the time it’s done.

Warranty ain’t worth much if you can’t get anything fixed.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just serviced my 07 5.9 4x4 standard cab with rebuilt auto. 75k miles. Paint sucks. Bring $34,000.00 in $100 bills and I will sign the title. That is what I paid for the truck. You get the front winch mount, Canopy free. What a deal!

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Sure is a good time to sell a truck!

Buddy mentioned above is selling his as soon as it’s fixed. He bought an old beater to run for work.

It’ll probably take a schit on him too, but at least he isn’t making a payment on a $50k dollar truck he can’t drive😳

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had two Dodge half tons in the 70s and 80s. Between rust and mechanical issues, no wish to ever have another one. Had transmission failure on the '84 at less than 80,000 miles. Last straw for me.

Just when I thought they were improving, neighbor's son wound up with a '96 4x4 that ate the tranny within a year, then proceeded to have electrical issues.Warranty replaced tranny then failed. PA Lemon Law replacement, traded the new replacement truck on an F250, while it was still "whole".

Just talked to a guy I hadn't seen in some time, who had gotten a '14 RAM 4x4 the same year I got my Chebbie. 230,000 miles, on tranny number three. When he got it, was yapping at me about his 8 speed, when I only had a 6 speed. Turned out both trucks still got around 22 MPG highway. Only failure so far on my '14 Silverado, A/C condenser around 86,000 miles and seven years.

RAMs have gotten very popular around here, judging by the numbers I see on the road. And sitting along the road?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
A cousin had a RAM 2500, 6.4. By 2018 the company took it back since they couldn't fix what was ever wrong with the motor. Gave him a 2018 (with the original payments) and he has already replaced the transmission under warranty in it. He is done with RAM.

My 2018 RAM diesel has been great. I have had offers to buy it, but there wouldn't be anything else to replace it with around here and no upgrade to speak of. If they would put auto 4 in them I would sell in a heart beat if I could afford the payments, but probably couldn't.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
667 members (219DW, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,908 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.