Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just got back from an ultrasound. I watched the screen and thought I saw 2, but I only saw the sonographer mark 1. Now the wait for the radiologist to read and send results to the doc.

Anyone else go through this?

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hope it's not too serious.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Thanks. Part of me is worried, other part says if its cancerous this is the cancer to get. Most people have no issues from what I read. But ya never know huh?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Do you have silver amalgam dental fillings? I read an article in Mother Earth news about that.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had an autonomously functioning thyroid nodule (AFTN) after having a severe bout of typhoid. I was in a bad way. Once diagnosed I was given a dose of radioactive iodine and was emitting gamma radiation for two days. Five days out and I started to feel well and haven’t had a problem since.

Im not sure if this is the problem you are describing?

Hope you get it fixed soon.

Last edited by rockdoc; 04/20/21.
IC B2

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ModelT
Do you have silver amalgam dental fillings? I read an article in Mother Earth news about that.

Nah, missing a few back ones but the rest are all natural.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pahick

Thanks. Part of me is worried, other part says if its cancerous this is the cancer to get. Most people have no issues from what I read. But ya never know huh?

I've already had kidney cancer and skin cancer. You can get through this I bet.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1990 thyroid gland swelled up to the size of a horse. Lost 65 lbs over 4 months. Docs tried a variety of medications to get it under control nothing really worked. Determined non-cancerous. Radioactive iodine ablation. Took a few months for the goiter to go away. Then almost a year before thyroid levels fell low enough to require supplemental thyroxine. Took almost whole year after that to adjust dosage correctly. Yearly full panel and Synthroid daily for 30 years.

Still here.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockdoc
I had an autonomously functioning thyroid nodule (AFTN) after having a severe bout of typhoid. I was in a bad way. Once diagnosed I was given a dose of radioactive iodine and was emitting gamma radiation for two days. Five days out and I started to feel well and haven’t had a problem since.

Im not sure if this is the problem you are describing?

Hope you get it fixed soon.

I have Hashimotos Disease. Its an autoimmune disease where basically your body slowly kills off your thyroid. Kind of a mind fugg cause when it swells then shrinks it usually releases hormone through your system....roller coaster hypo/hyper....but its slowly dying. Due to some symptoms I asked the doc to increase my levothyroxine to 125mcg but he thought he felt a small lump and sent me for the ultrasound.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I've already had kidney cancer and skin cancer. You can get through this I bet.

Pretty sure I will. Glad I didnt have the kidney like you though, geez. Glad your ok now.

IC B3

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FatCity67
1990 thyroid gland swelled up to the size of a horse. Lost 65 lbs over 4 months. Docs tried a variety of medications to get it under control nothing really worked. Determined non-cancerous. Radioactive iodine ablation. Took a few months for the goiter to go away. Then almost a year before thyroid levels fell low enough to require supplemental thyroxine. Took almost whole year after that to adjust dosage correctly. Yearly full panel and Synthroid daily for 30 years.

Still here.

Geez glad mine doesnt swell like that. I get days where it swells enough to make it harder to swallow, and I get a schit ton of symptoms from thyroid hormone dump(anxiety, lethargy, insomnia, etc etc). I been on levothyroxine since 2014. At 100mcg right now.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
On 112 mcg levothyroxine. Just diagnosed as hypothyroidism thus far. Runs on Mom’s side. Happened back in 2010. Didn’t know what was wrong with me. Mood swings, depression, lethargy.
As with all things, diet and exercise help.
Not had any cancer scares yet.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Potsy
On 112 mcg levothyroxine. Just diagnosed as hypothyroidism thus far. Runs on Mom’s side. Happened back in 2010. Didn’t know what was wrong with me. Mood swings, depression, lethargy.
As with all things, diet and exercise help.
Not had any cancer scares yet.

Did you ever have TPO, TgAB or TSi antibodies tested for Hashimotos or Graves?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hang tough buddy. That was the sickest 12 months of my life. I had just gotten married and the wife was pregnant with our first child. Needles to say I was scared chitless I was gonna die and not see my baby girl born.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Hang tough buddy. That was the sickest 12 months of my life. I had just gotten married and the wife was pregnant with our first child. Needles to say I was scared chitless I was gonna die and not see my baby girl born.

Appreciate it. I already had the freak out episode years ago when I first got diagnosed with Hashimotos and Lyme. Almost stabbed a fire hydrant laugh

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...5048/i-think-yall-were-right#Post9235048

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Yes.
Twenty five years ago now, my ultrasound show four nodules, one of them just under five mm. Five mm it's automatic removal. Rolled the dice and elected not to have my thyroid -twice as big as a normal one- out. Not suggesting you should do the same. I've had four biopsys all negative. I monitor it once a year and hope for the best. I've had all this time with a normal thyroid although large one, without medicines.

Gary

Last edited by Kaiser; 04/20/21.

Gary Pfluke
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I had half of mine removed ten years ago, no cancerous growth. The other half still doing it’s thing. Good luck

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was in downtown NYC on 9/11 and worked on the clean-up for 8 years. I was back in the city on 9/13. I've been having issues with my throat ever since 9/11. I called the 9/11 Doc at Robert wood Johnson Medical and she ordered an ultrasound looking for nodules, my thyroid is slightly swollen, I'm getting worried.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just got back from an ultrasound. I watched the screen and thought I saw 2, but I only saw the sonographer mark 1. Now the wait for the radiologist to read and send results to the doc.

Anyone else go through this?

A little information is dangerous. It can be hurtful. Wait for the full diagnosis.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Oh yeah, but the ultra-sound may not determine if the nodule is cancerous. You would need a cat-scan with contrast and if the tumor is too small it may still be inconclusive. A biopsy is the only sure method which is what I ended up needing. Diagnosis was papillary carcinoma, the most common type of thyroid cancer. My DIL is a cancer nurse and she told me that if she had to get a cancer that would be it. The American Cancer Society shows its survival rate approaches 100%, so try not to stress too much about it.

The surgery wasn’t bad and neither was the radioactive iodine treatment, except you can’t eat anything with iodine for two weeks and turns out that almost everything that tastes good contains iodine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 44 invisible), 1,785 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,180
Posts18,465,632
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.