Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
For quite awhile non tactical hunting rifles were easy to obtain and not in extreme demand. But currently theres absoluteky nothing for sale, it seems little in the way of new production and ever its all expensive. Id like to know why theres such a demand on our "Fudd" rifles that were once everywhere and much more available. Why are hunting rifles suddenly in demand unlike 5-10 yrs ago?

Just wondering. Ive been trying to find some new left hand bolt guns but thats like finding a new element that doesnt yet exist. It just seems shocking to me that sporting hunting rifles are so hard to come by.

BP-B6

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think people have gone to buying whatever they can. Panic buying.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
There is quite a few LH guns over on GB, and the prices don't look as bad as some I've seen over there.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Shops around here are well stocked.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Check out GB- quite a few guns over there, at fairly competitive prices.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It's used guns that I can't find. Every shop I go into hardly has any

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Was in the local Fleet Farm today and no ammo at all. So what if rifles or other firearms were sold out? Most hunters don't handload, so guns without ammo are useless.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Based upon my local walmart, ammo is starting to come back. Just yesterday there were 7 boxes of Remington 30-06 150gr corelokt on the shelf. Sample of one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wrong-sided rifles have always been scarce. Dealers are not likely to have any either as only 1-14 is a possible customer. Find someone that makes one you like and get your dealer to order one or look online.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by taylorce1
There is quite a few LH guns over on GB, and the prices don't look as bad as some I've seen over there.

Mmm... I'm not certain I'm seeing the same thing... Yes, there are some Left Hand rifles selling. However, prices seem to be going up a good bit, at least to me. The LH Win M70's are mostly in $2K and up range. Not much more than a year ago I saw the first LH SS Win M70 bring $2K. And everyone was surprised at that. Now that Remington is out of business, a lot of wood/blue M700's are bringing $1K or better, same space that the Win M70's were in last year. The gentleman down in Tennessee who was importing Zastava's stopped dealing withe the Serbs. The last few LH Zastava's he sold were north of $1K as well... Yes, there are Left Hand rifles for sale. However, my perception, prices have seen a significant increase over the past 6 to 10 months... JMO... YMMV...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not sure I’d use GB as a price source. That’s Crazy Town these days.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Yes wrong sided rifles have always been hard to source but new cataloged ones seem impossible at the current time. Ive been selling off most of my right handed stuff to get the lefty ones i want or need but im shocked that Ruger Americans and leverguns are selling locally and i dont see ammo. Im ok in the ammo dept because i can load my own but im really suprised how people are buying up hunting rifles and ammo. The price of 30-30 for example is crazy but im glad i have some

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
For quite awhile non tactical hunting rifles were easy to obtain and not in extreme demand. But currently theres absoluteky nothing for sale, it seems little in the way of new production and ever its all expensive. Id like to know why theres such a demand on our "Fudd" rifles that were once everywhere and much more available. Why are hunting rifles suddenly in demand unlike 5-10 yrs ago?

Just wondering. Ive been trying to find some new left hand bolt guns but thats like finding a new element that doesnt yet exist. It just seems shocking to me that sporting hunting rifles are so hard to come by.

What's odd is why people always have to buy "new" when there are great used rifles out there...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I see plenty of used deer rifles in my area, nobody seems to be interested in them. GB has lots of used old rifles and they seem to be selling for good prices. Tons of new handguns and tactical rifles in my area and the prices are all over the board

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by taylorce1

Mmm... I'm not certain I'm seeing the same thing... Yes, there are some Left Hand rifles selling. ...

Tikka LH rifles can still be had for around $850, Savage is still pumping out several LH options, Ruger Americans for around $500, Browing X-bolts for around $1K, and a couple of nice Ruger Hawkeye .375 Ruger for around $1K as well on GB right now. These prices aren't that far off from pre-pandemic/elecrion prices. Yes LH M70 rifles were always rare, and everyone selling a Remington 700 thinks they have a collector rifle now.

However, RH rifles are crazy right now people wanting $800 opening bid for Walmart special M700 ADL package rifles!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Stupid City f***** don't need one anyway. Next f***** that use the word fud should be beat to death with a rock

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
Stupid City f***** don't need one anyway. Next f***** that use the word fud should be beat to death with a rock

Yup, along with boomer. Cocky fuggers must think they’re never gonna get old. I got news for ‘em, and it ain’t good.

I have no idea where all these “fudds” are hiding out. I haven’t run into any, and I spend a good bit of time at the range with other shooters. Some people just have have someone to feel superior to, so if they don’t have any handy, they just make some up. Might spring from not having enough cash for anything but cobbled-together cheap ARs , tacticool t-shirts, and tough-guy bumper stickers.

Last edited by Pappy348; 04/21/21.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Yup, along with boomer. Cocky fuggers must think they’re never gonna get old.

With the level of intelligence some of them show, they won't.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
+1

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Really?

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
695 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 85 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,939
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.