Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It looks like fishing for us yanks is not looking so good. frown

I'm making other plans. I'll never spend my money in Canada again

This ^^^ is what so many Canadians are missing. Our provincial and federal policies over the last 12-months have done so much damage, in so many ways that it will take decades for tourism to recover.

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by yukon254

This ^^^ is what so many Canadians are missing. Our provincial and federal policies over the last 12-months have done so much damage, in so many ways that it will take decades for tourism to recover.

Exactly correct , not just tourism but owner managed businesses . The policies have been a death knell for private businesses.

"We are all in this together" - when the people saying this are willing to take a cut in their own pay cheque (especially government) , or their pension cheque , etc. then maybe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Have had a great time fishing in Canada. We will be back when we are allowed, unfortunately looks like next year. Usually up there 6-15 to 6-22.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You're welcome back anytime!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Seems like some cops take their jobs too seriously.

Pushing down a 12 year old. Guess he didn't get the memo. Azzhole.

https://www.torontosun.com/news/pro...ppearing-to-show-kid-pushed-from-scooter

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Here in eastern East Kootenay BC we crisscross the border regularily. We also have tons of tourists.
Our outbreak of covid was clearly linked to tourism.
Covid has not been all that bad experience overall.
Families are probably closer than ever . Nothing is all bad.
We won't be rodeoing, jackpotting etc but these same ponies will be on the trailhead more than ever.
I get my vaccine tomorrow, to( potentially) protect those around me. Life is pretty darn good, folks.God Bless

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

Right on!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
It'd be ever so nice to awake, and realize it was all a bad dream.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
it happened to the yukon as well since last year up to the end of november ... but because it was the yukon nobody cared ... luckily some peace officer refused to do it ....

https://www.whitehorsestar.com/News/enforcement-officers-staff-borders-airport

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Well, except guys like me who normally come to the Yukon on business, I cared ....still do

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by comerade
Here in eastern East Kootenay BC we crisscross the border regularily. We also have tons of tourists.
We won't be rodeoing, jackpotting etc but these same ponies will be on the trailhead more than ever.
I get my vaccine tomorrow, to( potentially) protect those around me. Life is pretty darn good, folks.God Bless

The first cases in Cranbrook were not the result of tourism but were from a man who returned from Ft McMurray and, knowing he was infected, attended a birthday party anyway. Cases in Fernie started at the ski hill, according to one Elk Valley doctor, though this was disputed by Bonnie Henry who seemed to lean toward the spontaneous appearance theory for the virus there. Ski hills were one of those places where the virus was not transmitted, apparently. Rifle ranges, on the other hand, are potential hotbeds of contagion so no matches can be held. GD

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by greydog

The first cases in Cranbrook were not the result of tourism but were from a man who returned from Ft McMurray and, knowing he was infected, attended a birthday party anyway. Cases in Fernie started at the ski hill, according to one Elk Valley doctor, though this was disputed by Bonnie Henry who seemed to lean toward the spontaneous appearance theory for the virus there. Ski hills were one of those places where the virus was not transmitted, apparently. Rifle ranges, on the other hand, are potential hotbeds of contagion so no matches can be held. GD

Really

I disagree, the ski hills are the primary cause.
These young skiers stay in residences with many others. 10 or 12 to a house. I have witnessed this as I am called to do hvac work in Fernie, regularily.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
It seems to be a matter of semantics.

For example, diabetes doesn't kill in and of itself. It does cause complications that lead to kidney failure, strokes, heart attacks, etc. COVID 19 is similar. The trick is not to get COVID 19, so you do not increase the likelihood of complications that result like difficulty breathing, septic shock, pneumonia, etc.

Yes good points. Covid is similar to diabetes in some respects. Interesting to note that science says 90% of covid deaths could be avoided if people had proper vitamin D levels. This is an obvious awareness problem, that family physicians could, and need to address. Studies prove it has the same positive effect on many other illnesses as well.

The vast majority of people with type 2 diabetes have it because of what they eat.
Those people dont realize that they can cure it by changing their diet to extremely low, or zero carb. Another failure of our medical professionals. The data is irrefutable at this point, and many doctors are curing all sorts of metabolic disease with the low or zero carb diets. The problem is it hasnt gone mainstream because pharmaceutical companies make billions when people are unhealthy. Thats the similarity between covid and diabetes that I see.

Apparently about 80% of the insulin used in North America is used for Type ll diabetics. That’s a very sad reality.

Last edited by mod7rem; 04/20/21.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Really

These young skiers stay in residences with many others. 10 or 12 to a house. I have witnessed this as I am called to do hvac work in Fernie, regularily.

My statement was a bit sarcastic in nature regarding the ski hills. For some reason, Dr. BS Bonnie did not want to identify ski hills as being a problem in any way. Of course, she also said that the existence of variants in BC did not necessarily mean that international air travel was contributory. Possibly, they swam in, I guess.
The real truth is that the virus is spread by stupidity more than any other cause. People who are exposed do not stay away from others and those who are not exposed don't stay away from those who are. GD

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Really

My statement was a bit sarcastic in nature regarding the ski hills. For some reason, Dr. BS Bonnie did not want to identify ski hills as being a problem in any way. Of course, she also said that the existence of variants in BC did not necessarily mean that international air travel was contributory. Possibly, they swam in, I guess.
The real truth is that the virus is spread by stupidity more than any other cause. People who are exposed do not stay away from others and those who are not exposed don't stay away from those who are. GD

I agree

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I was a young carpenter apprentice , I took a couple of winters off and skied . It wasn't just the skiing that made that life style so appealing. With my knees, I'm afraid to go on a bunny hill now.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,566
Posts18,453,797
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.