Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Do not forget the Astra Cadix. This is a good quality revolver and frequently available used in .22LR & .38 Special. They are somewhere around half the cost of a S&W.

A .22 available now. I think the starting price is a little high.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/905550719

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by JB in SC
alukban

That Model 17 Heritage is one that slipped past a lot of folks, really nice with the Outdoorsman style barrel.

It's one of those guns that I could not afford at the time but knew I would think about it and kick myself if I did not get it smile

I have been wanting the 45 Colt in that Lew Horton line up as well.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by alukban
alukban

That Model 17 Heritage is one that slipped past a lot of folks, really nice with the Outdoorsman style barrel.

It's one of those guns that I could not afford at the time but knew I would think about it and kick myself if I did not get it smile

I saw the blue version of the Heritage 17 when they first hit the shelves years ago and just never realized how rare they were. Too many things going on at the time. Same shop had the 15 in case hardened and the Micgivern Heritage..oh well. IIRC, they were all in the $800 to $900 range.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I picked up a model 63 last weekend at the LGS. Dirty as hell, sitting lonely in the used cabinet. I grabbed it along with a 1903 hand ejector .32 S&W Long. The 63 cleaned up beautifully, the 4” barrel is immaculate. This thing was shot (not too much but enough) never cleaned and then traded in. Only question is the grips. It came with Pachmyers, some original wood grips would class it up but the Pachmeyrs are just so damn comfortable. I am a very happy camper, looking forward to many outings of plinking with this classic.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
B
byd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
JFC I have a Colt Woodsman

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
alukban

You can still get into a Model 17 for a pretty good price.

Here's a pic of my 17-3.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt
alukban

Here's a pic of my 17-3.

Couldn’t buy one in this area like that one for less than $1200. Several collectors are buying everything in sight and paying outrageous prices. They’ve got all the pawn shops thinking they can get $800 for junkers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
alukban

Here's a pic of my 17-3.

Couldn’t buy one in this area like that one for less than $1200. Several collectors are buying everything in sight and paying outrageous prices. They’ve got all the pawn shops thinking they can get $800 for junkers.

That sucks, but similar is happening here. There's really only 1 or 2 gun or pawn shops here where I can get a decent deal once in a while right now.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My successes over the past couple of years, S&W or otherwise, have been on consignment pieces. I picked up a Ruger PC9 at a very fair price a couple of weeks ago.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I shouldn’t complain too much, an unfired Model 34 2” SB in nickel and the same in a 4” blue did get acquired a couple of years back for very reasonable prices.

IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,597 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,012
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.