Hop To
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by deflave
I don’t think Texas is as conservative as Texans think it is.

Don't get used to me saying it but you may be right - except I suspect it is more Transplanted Texans who are driving this than "home grown Texans".

Home grown Texans?

You mean like the Comanche and Chiricahua?

Yeah - whatever. I think some of the Chiricahua came in from Mexico, New Mexico and Arizona while Comanche were primarily Oklahoma, New Mexico and parts of Texas. Guess many of them were transplanted too??? Thank you for setting me straight though???👌

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by RL

Don't get used to me saying it but you may be right - except I suspect it is more Transplanted Texans who are driving this than "home grown Texans".

Home grown Texans?

You mean like the Comanche and Chiricahua?

Yeah - whatever. I think some of the Chiricahua came in from Mexico, New Mexico and Arizona while Comanche were primarily Oklahoma, New Mexico and parts of Texas. Guess many of them were transplanted too??? Thank you for setting me straight though???👌

They all came from somewhere else.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Most apaches in Texas were Lipanos

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
And Comanches were relative newcomers.

Founder

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Most apaches in Texas were Lipanos

They're all immigrants!

Oh, and there were no delineated borders..................so Texas might not have been Texas?

Last edited by Valsdad; 04/20/21.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Bingo!

Founder

WS

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
And Comanches were relative newcomers.

On the way to our place in S. Texas we cross an arroyo named Lipan Creek. Figure that has something to do with the Lipan Apaches but not really familiar with them. Before we sold it, we had a place just west of Palo Pinto that the Ioni Creek ran through. It was documented to be a known haunt of Quanah Parker and the Comanches. Used to find a few arrowheads, flint chips, and broken pottery after a big rain.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by pete53
and it does seem weird that all the way down from Minnesota i can carry concealed legally in every state tell i get to Texas , then i am no longer legal to carry concealed in Texas. that`s just foolish !

Way I read the law it is the other way around - Minnesota passed a law that said they would not recognize Texas or Missouri carry license. May be wrong but looks like that became law in Minnesota on August 1, 2015???

States that honor MN permit to carry.
AK, AL, AR, AZ, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, 2MI, MO, MS, MT, NE, NC, ND, NV, OH, OK, 2SC, SD, TN, UT, VA, VT, WI

States that MN honors
AR, DE, ID,6 IL, KS, KY, LA, MI, NJ, NM, ND, RI, SC, SD,8 WV Must be 21.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by RL
and it does seem weird that all the way down from Minnesota i can carry concealed legally in every state tell i get to Texas , then i am no longer legal to carry concealed in Texas. that`s just foolish !

Way I read the law it is the other way around - Minnesota passed a law that said they would not recognize Texas or Missouri carry license. May be wrong but looks like that became law in Minnesota on August 1, 2015???

AK, AL, AR, AZ, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, 2MI, MO, MS, MT, NE, NC, ND, NV, OH, OK, 2SC, SD, TN, UT, VA, VT, WI

States that MN honors

Interesting, FLA is not in there.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by RL

States that MN honors

All a person should have to carry anywhere, is the 2nd Amendment.

Keep and Bear Arms....

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Reading stuff like this, it still amazes me that Balkanization doesn’t get any legs.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

Heck I can carry until I get to MN.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by RL

States that MN honors

All a person should have to carry anywhere, is the 2nd Amendment.

Keep and Bear Arms....

Barry, your comment is all the "common sense" firearm control conversation needed!

Done!

Founder

WS

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Lol.... Some people spend hours every day splitting hairs just to sound intelligent and to boost their internet image. laugh

Everyone who settled in new territories typically came from somewhere else from the east coast westward.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RL

States that MN honors

Neither is Wyoming...WTF?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In what places is a person prohibited by state law from carrying a firearm?
State law prohibits the carrying of certain types of firearms in certain places.

Starts on page (3)

https://www.tmcec.com/files/3014/6592/8646/00_-_Houston_BINDER_Guns_and_Texas.pdf

A person commits a third degree felony if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with any firearm:

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
After Constitutional Carry passed with strong bipartisan support in the Texas House, Republicans in the Senate are trying to lower expectations on the bill passing and may even be working to outright kill it!

According to Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, who oversees the Texas Senate, “Constitutional Carry doesn’t have the votes.”1

This is a lame attempt by a weak leader to shift responsibility off himself for Constitutional Carry dying under his watch.

As anyone in a leadership role understands, and to anyone paying attention to Texas politics, the buck stops with Dan Patrick!

We can’t allow his excuse-making to ruin our best opportunity to make Texas the next Constitutional Carry state.

It’s time to double down our pressure.

So please call Lt. Governor Dan Patrick at (512) 463-0001, and encourage him to bring HB 1927 to the Senate floor for a vote RIGHT AWAY.

Houston Chronicle

Robert, don’t let him fool you.

Patrick has the power to whip his Republican Senators in line to bring Constitutional Carry legislation to the Senate floor.

For example, Senator Joan Huffman is widely speculated as being one of the Republican defectors on Constitutional Carry -- yet Lt. Gov. Patrick is protecting her and even appointed her as Chair and Vice Chair to three important Senate Committees.

That means Patrick can strip her of her power if she refuses to allow Constitutional Carry to the floor for a vote, which is a top priority of the Republican Party of Texas.

Then there is Senator Drew Springer, who publicly opposed Constitutional Carry as a member of the Texas House.

Of course, as soon as he decided to run for Senate last fall, he came out with strong support of Constitutional Carry after his opponent Shelley Luther made it a top campaign priority.

But now that Springer is safely in office, his staff is telling constituents that he does NOT support Constitutional Carry (HB 1927).

You can’t make this stuff up!

Finally, we have Senator Kel Seliger.

According to the Texas Tribune, Seliger stated “it was too early to say whether he would block the bill from coming to the floor or vote against it if it made it to the floor.”2

Of course, Patrick appointed Seliger as Vice Chair of the important Senate Transportation Committee and represents a district that voted 78% in favor of President Trump.

There is no reason the Lt. Governor can’t bring these Republican Senators in line and in support of Constitutional Carry.

That’s why it is critical you call Dan Patrick at (512) 463-0001, and tell him to get HB 1927 to the Senate floor immediately!

Robert, rumors swirling in the Capitol suggested that Patrick was drumming up big-city law enforcement opposition to HB 1927 -- before it was voted out of the Texas House.

He hoped this opposition would kill the bill before getting to the Senate so he and his colleagues wouldn’t have to deal with it.

But now that Constitutional Carry made its way to the Senate, Lt. Governor Dan Patrick is publicly inviting anti-gun, big city police chiefs and the establishment gun lobby to the table to discuss a “compromise” on Constitutional Carry.

In his own words, he wants to “find a path that a majority of senators will vote to pass.”

But what Dan Patrick MUST realize is pro-gun Texans are sick and tired of establishment Republicans killing Constitutional Carry for the past decade.

And pro-gun Texans won’t accept anything less than Constitutional Carry in 2021!

That's why it's critical you call Dan Patrick and encourage him to take up HB 1927 right away.

Seven Democrats bucked their party and voted for Constitutional Carry HB 1927 in the Texas House.

There is absolutely no excuse any Republican in the Texas Senate should oppose this pro-gun measure.

If Constitutional Carry dies in the Texas Senate, it comes solely at the hands of Dan Patrick and his weak-kneed counterparts.

That means it's time to double down on our pressure.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
America should be Nation wide carry conceal /open because we are a free Republic of America ! i still have hope for Texas. >> its those cheat`n lie`n left wing Liberals that we all need to be rid of in all states some way some how. we should live by these few words in America > REMEMBER THE ALAMO !

Last edited by pete53; 04/21/21.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
America should be Nation wide carry conceal /open because we are a free Republic of America ! i still have hope for Texas. >> its those cheat`n lie`n left wing Liberals that we all need to be rid of in all states some way some how. we should live by these few words in America > REMEMBER THE ALAMO !

Agree 100%. By the way - you are welcome to carry on our place in South Texas. In fact it is recommended...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

the problem with Texas and any other conservative leaning state is cities. people get sick of all the BS in their own state and move to conservative states cities and take what they hate with them. one rotten apple or potatoe in a bag soon spoil's all they contact.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
703 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,934 guests, and 1,377 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,678
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.