Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by ro1459
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
The constitutional carry bill really isn't. There are too many restrictions, but at least it is a step in the right direction.

What restrictions are you concerned about? I just read the Bill and I didn't see restrictions that most people would be against. Other than no long gun open carry, this was a huge step in restoring the 2nd in TN in my opinion. If there are restrictions I missed, please let us know. I do not want to unknowingly break the law. Thanks for your help with this.

This is from the Tennessee Firearms Association:

The person must be at least 21 years old (or for those in the military or honorably discharged from the military, at least 18 years old);
The person must “lawfully” possess a “handgun” (you cannot carry a rifle, shotgun or a handgun with a barrel of 12 inches or more, see TCA § 39-11-106(a)(18), under the Governor’s bill);
The person must be “in a place where the person is lawfully present”
The person has never been convicted of the misdemeanor crime of stalking under TCA § 39-17-315
The person has not had one or more DUI’s in the last 5 years;
The person has not had two or more DUI’s in the last 10 years;
The person has never been “adjudicated as a mental defective, judicially committed to or hospitalized in a mental institution pursuant to title 33, or had a court appoint a conservator for the person by reason of a mental defect”;
The person is not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm by 18 USC § 922(g) as it existed on January 1, 2021.

Last edited by LeonHitchcox; 04/21/21.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I sure can't figure why anybody would choose to move to Texas.

I concur BH!!! I wish they would all go back to where they came from!!! Pronto!

Amen Brother!

I think there is a law in Illinois, Ohio, NY, Mass., pretty much the mid-west and East Coast. That you must marry off at least one child to someone in Texas or send them to Texas for work.

In California when you retire or relocate for work Texas is on the list you must move too.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Potsy
Meh. Give it another 20 years.
We’re already crowded and importing Californians as fast as we can.

As is everyone. They are fleeing that state like rats off of a sinking ship, and trying to turn wherever they land into CA.

Just like the muzzies.

Last edited by Hawk_Driver; 04/21/21.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Texas looks awfully good compared to where I am.

You live and breath in the Belly of the Beast.

Most of Kommiefornia, land wise, is not Culturally Leftist.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Neighbor two doors down, retired sheriff deputy, just sold out and move to Tennessee. Listed his house and accepted a cash offer 7 days later at above his asking price.

Bought some hill country acreage and is building him a compound.

Hated to see him leave the neighborhood.

Tennessee got themselves a fire breathing patriot when things go sideways.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by FatCity67

You live and breath in the Belly of the Beast.

Most of Kommiefornia, land wise, is not Culturally Leftist.

Same story everywhere in the US. The real enemies are urbanization and culture rot.

Tennessee isn't immune to it any more than any other state. Nashville and Memphis are already lost. In my state, Louisville and Lexington are lost.

We are just 25 years or so behind California.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The constitutional carry bill really isn't. There are too many restrictions, but at least it is a step in the right direction.

What restrictions are you concerned about? I just read the Bill and I didn't see restrictions that most people would be against. Other than no long gun open carry, this was a huge step in restoring the 2nd in TN in my opinion. If there are restrictions I missed, please let us know. I do not want to unknowingly break the law. Thanks for your help with this.

The person must be at least 21 years old (or for those in the military or honorably discharged from the military, at least 18 years old);
The person must “lawfully” possess a “handgun” (you cannot carry a rifle, shotgun or a handgun with a barrel of 12 inches or more, see TCA § 39-11-106(a)(18), under the Governor’s bill);
The person has never been convicted of the misdemeanor crime of stalking under TCA § 39-17-315
The person has never been “adjudicated as a mental defective, judicially committed to or hospitalized in a mental institution pursuant to title 33, or had a court appoint a conservator for the person by reason of a mental defect”;
The person is not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm by 18 USC § 922(g) as it existed on January 1, 2021.

Thanks. I saw those and personally don't have a problem with those restrictions. Maybe you can educate me as to why we should have a problem with any of those restrictions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I had great fun there for the few years I was around TX. I really enjoyed it.

.... like tears in the rain
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

I suppose if you don't mind paying out the ass just to go hunting. Then there's the 100+ degree temperatures to deal with, wetbacks all over the place, nasty spiders, sakes and scorpions and from what I hear thorns on everything. Oh yeah, and no white Christmases. Yeah, sounds just great but no thanks.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

The company my dad worked for sent him down there for the summer one year, He fuggin hated it and couldn't wait to get out of there.

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I'll donate about half of Los Anchorage to TN, but I get to pick which ones go. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
I'll donate about half of Los Anchorage to TN, but I get to pick which ones go. smile

Cool

We’ll send you 1 million groids from Memphrica, and 200,00 white guilt fàggots from Nashville-Davidson Metro

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by muleshoe
So what do they do with the dismembered baby parts now?

Sell them, some at least.

I've never thought about this before. There's got to be a lot of parts to dispose of and I doubt most women want to mess with them after they have their baby killed and removed. So what do the clinics do?

I was just talking to our local locker owner on Monday about how much he has to pay to have inards and hides hauled off from the cattle, hogs, etc... It was a pretty sizable amount.

So would a pro-choicer think of these baby parts the same way as hog or cattle parts?
It's how Planned Parenthood makes the big bucks.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

The company my dad worked for sent him down there for the summer one year, He fuggin hated it and couldn't wait to get out of there.

Very true. It ain’t for everyone. I wish more had your outlook, BH. And I’m being serious. Everyone has their dream of where they want to be. And I know you are thankful that you are where you are! 👍

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Ahhhhh.....

Those all seem pretty reasonable IMO.

And ya left out the part where theft of firearm changed from a misdemeanor IIRC with a max of 30 days into a felony with a mandatory min of 6 months IIRC.

You think that right their might be a step in the right direction in making most of the groids getting caught with stolen guns in TN,s Big cities into felons.

I do.
I see the purpose of it.

I see the purpose of the ones you listed also.
The DUI stipulations are overboard though with a broad brush stroke.
They should have applied that more in line with the habitual offender code.

Last edited by renegade50; 04/21/21. Reason: DUI stuff little carte blanche draconian.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Very true. It ain’t for everyone. I wish more had your outlook, BH. And I’m being serious. Everyone has their dream of where they want to be. And I know you are thankful that you are where you are! 👍
Yep. Not everybody gets to live where they want. Those that do should be very thankful.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thanks. I saw those and personally don't have a problem with those restrictions. Maybe you can educate me as to why we should have a problem with any of those restrictions.

Being a strict constitutuonalist, I believe any infringement upon the right to keep and bear arms is unconstitutional. I understand not all agree with me but I stand firm at least ideologically. The law can be improved upon but is better than nothing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve always been of the opinion that most major corporations could pound sand in their collective azzes!

I think you just may on to something there, Bob.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by las

Cool

We’ll send you 1 million groids from Memphrica, and 200,00 white guilt fàggots from Nashville-Davidson Metro

I'll kick in another 50k tattooed up, purple butch cut ,heavy gunted lesbians from the east region and prius and Subaru driving pretentious Yankees from the colleges.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by las

Cool

no trades. I'm magnanimous that way. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 50 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,953
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.