Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Racist tax code

In an effort to get you folks "woke", I thought I'd present this bit of journalism gold.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah against middle class white people who work.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Yeah against middle class white people who work.

^^^ THIS ^^^ agreed

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't recall the box on the 1040 that asks my race, or a worksheet either for that matter.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's all tied together with the welfare system that was designed to keep blacks voting Democrat. Thank you LBJ.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This came up on a NPR economics podcast I listen to, and the interviewer, a vet who I consider to be pretty smart, just did the bobble head thing “oh, I see, that’s terrible”. No critical thinking applied, whatsoever. It was physically nauseating.

The herd is gathering speed, I reckon the cliff isn’t far off....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's all tied together with the welfare system that was designed to keep blacks voting Democrat. Thank you LBJ.

this. . . . . LBJ was the most overtly racist president to ever occupy the white house. His "war on poverty" was designed to put black folks in a position where they were / are dependent on the government for almost everything and will thus vote democratic for generations to come. The fact that they have to mostly live in shi* * * holes is of no consequence.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"The federal tax code does favor married couples where one partner makes the lion’s share of income; it disfavors those with more of an even split. The former scenario has historically been more common for white couples, the latter for Black couples..."

Gonna hoist the BS flag on this. If you file jointly then it doesn't matter which member earned what since it is combined and the total is taxed based on income and then deductions are taken into consideration. And NOWHERE on the 1040 does it ask race. Nobody knows or cares what the race of the person filing is and since taxes are on the combined total the entire slant of this article is GARBAGE!

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MAC
"The federal tax code does favor married couples where one partner makes the lion’s share of income; it disfavors those with more of an even split. The former scenario has historically been more common for white couples, the latter for Black couples..."

Gonna hoist the BS flag on this. If you file jointly then it doesn't matter which member earned what since it is combined and the total is taxed based on income and then deductions are taken into consideration. And NOWHERE on the 1040 does it ask race. Nobody knows or cares what the race of the person filing is and since taxes are on the combined total the entire slant of this article is GARBAGE!

Hey! Somebody actually read the article. Thanks.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dutch
This came up on a NPR economics podcast I listen to, and the interviewer, a vet who I consider to be pretty smart, just did the bobble head thing “oh, I see, that’s terrible”. No critical thinking applied, whatsoever. It was physically nauseating.

The herd is gathering speed, I reckon the cliff isn’t far off....

I listen to a lot of NPR. There's a reason it's called programming, lol.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The tax code is racist. Ok, then holding a job and having taxes taken out of your paycheck before you see any money is racist too.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems fairly racist to me but not in the way the writer intended.

Yup.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
"Research shows, the higher the percentage of Black neighbors, the lower the value of the house."

Now why do you suppose that is?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
"Research shows, the higher the percentage of Black neighbors, the lower the value of the house."

Now why do you suppose that is?

There’s a great pic on the Me-Me thread about this.
Hilarious.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It is racist, but not in the way they imagine.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I listen to NPR when I need a dose of pomposity or feel the need to be talked down to.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It has not helped me get rich. I also believe that there should be mandatory drug tests for anyone on government subsidized living with a one year limit or less for that aid. Actually, 6 months would be more appropriate. The POS get on the government tit and live that way for the rest of their lives while you and I support them and their 14 dirty little kids.

NRA Endowment Member
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Love the title,

"The tax code helps white people get richer"

It implies all white people are already rich, and it just keeps getting better....on the backs of the poor black married couples.

GMAFB.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Love the title,

"The tax code helps white people get richer"

It implies all white people are already rich, and it just keeps getting better....on the backs of the poor black married couples.

GMAFB.

While I understand and support the first amendment, the time is about here to do something about the unadulterated horsechit that is now disguised as journalism. I can’t recall one single statement in the referenced article that is factual or accurate. A lot of folks will eat it up, however.

If my wife and I make 500k, there won’t be a dollar’s difference in the amount of income tax on it whether we make 250k apiece, I make it all, or anywhere in between. If the author believes otherwise, her parents would be wise to get someone more intelligent to do their taxes.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Excellent. Now where did I leave my race card?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 11 invisible), 1,701 guests, and 715 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,421
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.