Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
BKinSD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I haven't shopped binocs in a long time, happy with my Zeiss Victorys, but have a need to procure retirement gifts for a couple of partners here. Thinking about getting each of them some Alpha glass.

Does anyone have experience with the RF offerings from Leica, Zeiss, or Swaro?

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it would be our pleasure to discuss this with you and help figure out which would suit your intended use the best. If you've got a few minutes give us a call, 516-217-1000
Thanks

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
All that I compared to the same make and quality level from the alpha companies showed a very slight optical compromise, to my eyes anyhow. As such, I stick with a separate rangefinder from the binocular.

In terms of glass, I liked the Leica Noctivid best, and Doug and Neal hooked me up.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have used the Leica geovids for a long time. Excellent glass, excellent range finding capabilities. I would highly recommend them.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by atse
I have used the Leica geovids for a long time. Excellent glass, excellent range finding capabilities. I would highly recommend them.

I switched from Swarovski glass to Leica Geovid range finder Binoculars because I felt their range read outs were easier for me to read.. optic quality were both excellent.

Ted
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

+1 on the Lecia Geovids. I got a smoking deal on a demo pair from Doug/Cameraland a few years back. 8x42's for me. I cannot tell the difference in glass from my Ultravids.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I agree on the Geovids. I have ultravids and douvids to compare.

MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I must also say the Geovids are awesome.........but the Swaro's are sweet, for regular bino's I love Zeiss but think they are a step behind in the RF category

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Lecia Geovids here and very happy with them.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes. Leica and swaro. Once you use them you will not go back

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I’ve had Geovids and currently have the Zeiss. Very happy with both and it’s a matter of personal preference at that level as far as I’m concerned

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Have had great results, both optically and range-finding, with a 10x40 Zeiss Victory RF. Hard to tell the difference optically between them and the non-RF.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
My 2 cents for the Swarovski EL Range. The overall package just fits me better but having looked through Leica and Zeiss Victory you cannot go wrong with any of them.

Another vote to give Doug at Camera Land a call

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by old_willys

I switched from Swarovski glass to Leica Geovid range finder Binoculars because I felt their range read outs were easier for me to read.. optic quality were both excellent.

I have only got to use 1 Swarovski rf bino. The glass was very good, but the rangefinder was not as strong as the Leica HD b . It wouldn't range as far, or as easily as the Leica. But that was only one set, and it was 3 or 4 years ago, so keep that in mind.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Although I've not spent time with the latest Zeiss RF Bino, I've been lucky enough to own most of the top Swarovski and Leica binos, including both the older and the latest Swaro EL Ranges and even the NL Pures.
When not needing a RF I still am very happy with the view through my Swaro 8.5x42 SV's, but when it comes to hunting I continue use my old Geovid HD-R's and compared to the other's I've come to realize I just can't see enough difference to warrant a change.
I am not a long range hunter so I don't need all the ballistic functions and the simplicity and durability of my Geovids still impress. I'm not saying the NL Pures / EL Range TA's didn't offer a slightly better view and surely more FOV, but after many days of comparing, to my 54 year old eyes the difference wasn't shocking. Lastly of all the binos I've had, the Geovids still have the best focusing.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by old_willys

I have only got to use 1 Swarovski rf bino. The glass was very good, but the rangefinder was not as strong as the Leica HD b . It wouldn't range as far, or as easily as the Leica. But that was only one set, and it was 3 or 4 years ago, so keep that in mind.

This all changed as of January 2021, Swarovski put Swarovision in their EL rangefinding binoculars, put the button on the right side, improved readout, and has the ability to range and locate a point that you can download onto your iPhone and find the spot you ranged on the iPhone.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Anxious to see the Meopta offering

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Had the Geovids and move to the Zeiss in 2012.
At the time, the Zeiss ranged more reliably in inclement weather.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

FWIW, I’ve had all those names in bino’s at one time or another. Presently and for quite awhile now I’ve been using Zeiss’ RF Victory 8x45 T*’s acquired from CameraLand years ago.

While I’ve not done side-to-side comparisons, and while fairly heavy, I’ve been very satisfied with them.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I really like the new Zeiss RF, in 10x42.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 54 invisible), 2,583 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,564
Posts18,453,755
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.