24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Afghanistan has lots of rare earth minerals that China wants and needs. Heck China is already coming across the northern border and illegally harvesting timber there. China let the US waste billions on the [bleep] hole and they will roll in and wipe it clean if it’s resources.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I agree . FUGK Afghanistan. Bring our people home. That war was all about control of natural resources and poppy fields.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You have to give those ragheads credit for being a bunch of unruly bastards. Stubborn SOB's.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
You guys got my curiosity aroused. Why could Afghanistan be valuable? Wiki says Afghanistan is likely poised to become the worlds prime source of lithium. Follow the money..every f---ing time.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Biden wants us out of the way for China to move in and take what they want, and he wants a cut.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
So Biden is quibbling about his cut, he wants more for the Big Man. And the chunks want it for rare earth and lithium, and towelhead target practice. Can’t wait to see how it develops, and how CNN give us a warped analysis on what is happening.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
As I understand, there are two sides. One might favor joining the rest of the world, and the other wants a return to strict Muslim norms. This has been going on for a long damn time, and the US has no business tied up in their mess.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can bet China want have the same Rules of Engagement our troops have live under.
Hard for me to decide which is worse. Muzzys or Commies. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Maybe a simplistic analysis here, but the way I see it maybe we should lure the CCP into Afghanistan. Let em scrap. Whoever loses pays through the nose, and I don't care which side that is. Whoever wins pays through the nose, and wins what?? Basically nothing.

These protracted skirmishes around the world have gotten very old. And costly. If there's a payoff, I sure don't see it.

My thoughts too. The CCP hates Muslims but would have a handful strong arming Afghanistan. Just like Great Britain, the USSR, and America before it. It’s tough to beat a country that hardly recognizes borders between countries and lives a life of pride and perpetual war going back centuries and owns next to nothing to bomb or take away. The CCP would literally have to physically occupy nearly every square inch of land.

If China were to invade Afghanistan the US would most likely wager a more discreet version of the proxy war it waged against Russia in Afghanistan. The CCP squandering trillions boughed down in Afghanistan while at the same time distracting Muslims throughout the region to focus terrorist attacks on China rather than the US would be win win.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rickt300
You have to give those ragheads credit for being a bunch of unruly bastards. Stubborn SOB's.

They're like Democrats, too stupid to see the trees through the forest......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I’m more concerned about American falling.

Truth!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, the Chinese will be ruthless, but when was the last time Chinese were facing a fanatic population fully expecting to fight every summer during their adult life, and whose biggest ideal is to die a hero in battle?

Or ANY armed and determined enemy on hostile territory?

China may just get a foothold, but it will be by buying to local population, not by fighting it. And then only temporarily.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Fanatically religious, hate queers, prejudiced, think women belong pregnant in the kitchen, don’t trust out siders, [bleep] camels.....
Sounds like half of Appalachia.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Maybe a simplistic analysis here, but the way I see it maybe we should lure the CCP into Afghanistan. Let em scrap. Whoever loses pays through the nose, and I don't care which side that is. Whoever wins pays through the nose, and wins what?? Basically nothing.

These protracted skirmishes around the world have gotten very old. And costly. If there's a payoff, I sure don't see it.

My thoughts too. The CCP hates Muslims but would have a handful strong arming Afghanistan. Just like Great Britain, the USSR, and America before it. It’s tough to beat a country that hardly recognizes borders between countries and lives a life of pride and perpetual war going back centuries and owns next to nothing to bomb or take away. The CCP would literally have to physically occupy nearly every square inch of land.

If China were to invade Afghanistan the US would most likely wager a more discreet version of the proxy war it waged against Russia in Afghanistan. The CCP squandering trillions boughed down in Afghanistan while at the same time distracting Muslims throughout the region to focus terrorist attacks on China rather than the US would be win win.

Seems fairly simple, pull out and encourage the chinese to take over...then make a hobby of supplying arms to the ghans.

China will kill a bunch of ghans, china will be broken, the surviving ghans will be kept in the eighth century, the rest of the world can field test new weapon systems and generally amuse themselves without cost in blood or coin.

Even the ghans would be pleased with that arrangement as it is more than likely their national wet dream, heck every disaffected towelhead in creation could make pilgrimage there and kill a chinaman.

added, and thinking about it I am pretty sure the Chinese govt would go for it as it gets rid of the problem they have with too many unattached single males of military service age.

Last edited by JSTUART; 04/23/21.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know it is written by Jake Tapper from CNN, but "The Outpost" is well researched. He gets his little anti George Bush/Donald Rumsfeld digs in there, mainly that they never staffed the forces in Afghanistan sufficiently to win the war.

The politics of Afghanistan and the tribalism, religious sects and even clan rivalries make the Hatfields and McCoy died see simple. I would submit that 99% of military officers are not sufficiently educated and experienced in Afghanisms to succeed in combat in Afghanistan. Throw in foreign fighters for another level of difficulty and interference from Pakistan and possibly other nations for yet another level of difficulty. No win.

For a variety of reasons, the Outpost, FOB Camp Kealty, was placed in an indefensible location. When it was eventually overrun, two Medals of Honor were awarded to soldiers who refused to give up and took back the camp. I credible story, well worth the read.

Netflix has made a decent movie called, you guessed it, "The Outpost". In their medal of honor documentaries, they also reenact the scenarios that resulted in the awarding of the two MOH.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Afghanistan hasn't been defeated because the invading forces lack the will to win. Since WW2, nobody actually wants to conquer, they just want to profit. Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Midway, etc. were won at huge cost but with a clear objective: eradication of the Japs. There was no such resolve or clear objective in Korea, Vietnam, or in the 'stan today, other than the actual soldiers who are doing the real fighting. The U.S. or Russia could absolutely wipe the map clean, but it wouldn't be politically survivable.

But with that said, as many others have stated, I don't give a schit what happens to them.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We were on a ANA basic training camp. We were on camp Clark anyhow, we saw afghanis from all over Afghanistan. The afghanis from the eastern provinces looked Chinese (no [bleep]) and they identified with the Chinese. The afghanis from up north I dentist closer with Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. The problem with Afghanistan their is no country pride it all tribal. That’s the big difference with Iraq they were all proud to be Iraqis not so much with Afghanistan. Anyhow I wasted a year of my life their with 4-25 out of ft Richardson 2009-2010.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very true about tribalism. With no real concept of 'nationhood' what exactly is there to conquer? Short of near complete eradication, it's unwinnable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Fanatically religious, hate queers, prejudiced, think women belong pregnant in the kitchen, don’t trust out siders, [bleep] camels.....
Sounds like half of Appalachia.

Do they really hate queers? Don't some of them take young boys to sodomize? I cant remember why. I think they also get friendly with goats/sheep.

NATO can pull out and there will be a good chance they revert back to the stone age.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Poppies........

and lithium ore.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
662 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 75 invisible), 2,745 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,640
Posts18,399,000
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.