Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
After 20 years of marriage and a couple before that of cohabitation I can't remember single life. Work pulls me away month at a time, several times a year every couple years, and I can't wait to get home and ask my wife what's for supper.

I love to eat but damn I hate cooking. When I'm on my own it's meat, booze, and a milkshake once in awhile.

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About every 2 weeks I'll make a huge pot of soup, stew or chili and get about 12-15 24 once freezer safe canning jars out of it. For instance, right now I have a mix of beef chili, cajun chicken, sausage and shrimp soup, pork chili verde, and beef stew in the freezer. I'll take 5 out of the freezer on Saturday and put them in the fridge. They're thawed out by Monday morning and I put them all in the fridge at workfor lunch.

For dinner, it's take out, something on the grill or whatever. The soups are great because I can but meat and veggies in bulk and when on sale and get 2 weeks worth of lunch out of a pot. And the canning jars keep stuff forever in that freezer. Otherwise, you're buying a little of this and that all the time. It's especially helpful when I go on something like a keto diet. I can make weeks worth of compliant meals on a Sunday.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
DMc Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

I just finished a lovely dinner of Campbell's tomato soup heavily laden with crunched up saltine crackers and a side dish of some more saltines with cheese melted on top courtesy of the microwave.

I like Campbells tomato soup too. Other brands can be gross.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Usually oatmeal and orange juice for breakfast; occasionally eggs and either chorizo or bacon.
When I'm working I'll normally eat out for lunch, often with a friend or client; a time to relax and socialize a bit.
Dinner I'll almost always cook at home (usually starting with chicken, fish, ground turkey, sometimes pasta, Italian sausage or brats. If I'm too tired to cook, or too late, I'll heat a frozen dinner. I like to cook and have developed my own recipes from scratch.

Preparing food is a celebration of life; nearly the same with obtaining the ingredients.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I'm really feelin' sporty... Hormel Chili with Beans. wink

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I'm a decent cook. Been on my own for 23 yrs and did most of the cooking before that because the x was too lazy. Use the crock pot lots. Due a new grill.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by DMc
Assuming you don't live with mommy, what do you do for dinner? Do you cook, eat out? There's a grocery store close by that has a deli. Tried their chicken spaghetti tonight and it was as good as what any of my 3 daughters make. Nice surprise.

I was single for over 20 years though I'm not now. I pretty much did everything. I got stuff at the grocery store deli, did some fast food, bought canned and packaged food, but most of the time I cooked for myself. I'm not a great cook but I neither starved to death nor poisoned myself. As my sister would say, it made a turd. I like cooking but I hate cleanup so often I'd make big batches of stuff, then freeze individual servings so I could pull 'em out and nuke 'em at need.

Today my GF does most, but not all, of the cooking. Self defense maybe. smile I'm not going to complain though, I'm just going to STFU and run the fork she hands me.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I am marred now but when I was single I cooked most of my meals. About the only time I would eat out was when I was on the road.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Coffee and a handful of nuts for breakfast and I eat out for dinner usually. A couple of nights with friends and the rest it’s just me. There’s a couple of decent restaurants within 15 miles. The Thia food restaurant is getting my business about five out of seven nights. Lots of veggies and spicy smile

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This is a joke thread, right? The answer is obvious.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

$2.68 at the grocery store. Six minutes in the microwave and you are home free! No dishes to wash, only a spoon.
And, an hour later, you drink 2 beers and still are hungry, simply cook another one.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Poor bastards..... 25th this year and every single year better than the last. Couldn’t imagine going through this life alone.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Been making big batches as long as I can remember.
Stews, pots of beans, chicken and rice, spaghet-roni,
etc.
Leftovers go in containers and refrigerator or freezer.
Had leftover chicken and mashed taters tonight.
I buy the $4.00 +- bags of leg quarters and split
em up into freezer bags. Good for chicken and
rice, dumplings, stews, grill, skillet full of grease, etc.
Tonight and last night was cleaned up and fat and
excess skin and tails etc. removed, covered with
spices and " marinated " in the refer, and cooked
in a covered pyrex dish in the micro.
Most trouble was cleaning up my hands covered
with spicy chicken greasy juice

Plenty of ways to get there. Way better than
patronizing McSalty's

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Before I was married I ate in town a lot.

Cooked some...but nothing like now.

After we got married we still ate in town a fair bit.

Nearly every meal now is cooked at home. 95 percent of those from scratch.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I've found that 15 cases (24 per case) of Marie Calendar's assorted teevee dinners gives me 360 nights of no cooking other than turning on the oven. Cleanup entails washing my fork each night. I thought of buying a few gross plastic forks and just discarding each every night, but I then thought that was kinda gauche and I like to be civilized.

The other five nights of the year I go out to Wendy's and splurge on Wendy's gourmet prime cheese burgers, fries, and a chocolate malted shake. I like to keep things simple and on keel. wink

L.W.

Do you get those at CostCo?

I just finished a lovely dinner of Campbell's tomato soup heavily laden with crunched up saltine crackers and a side dish of some more saltines with cheese melted on top courtesy of the microwave.

Unless things have changed Wal Mart is where to buy MC dinners.
I was buying them for my father after mom died.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m a microwave and paper plate kind of guy, never been particular about what I eat.

No breakfast just hot green tea w/ milk.

Lunch whole meat yoghurt with a pint of blueberries or
granola and old fashioned oatmeal made using a thermos of hot green tea instead of milk and/or water.

Supper:
tortillas, eggs, cheese and tomatoes w/green sauce or
eggs on wheat bread w/mustard or
Jalapeño sausage and mustard potato salad or
sugar free PB and J on 12 grain bread

All fast, easy and not too expensive.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Always ate well, cooked for myself. Grandma taught me a fair bit. Hell, caught my wife by cooking dinner the first time she came to the house. Fried pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes(real ones) and white gravy, and some good sweet corn I put up the year before from the garden. And fresh homemade bread. Sun tea to wash it down. She was done...

Nowadays, we split the cooking. She does what she excels at, I do what I am good at. Works out pretty good, nobody we know ever turns down a chance to eat at our house. Few weeks ago, I took a batch of fresh cinnamon rolls to church. They disappeared fast, folks were complementing my wife about them, and you could see the shock on their faces when she informed them I had made the rolls. Like a man is supposed to be helpless or something.😂

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ModelT
Tube steak and pinto beans standard fare.

Need some more tube steak?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hahaha

Tube steak boogie!!

That can go on the confused/mis-heard lyrics thread. 🤣

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Gee I'm shocked some of these fine gents live alone....can't imagine why....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I cook a lotta' stuff that I can freeze in single or double portions, i.e. pot roast, pasta meat sauce, TX chili, ragú, brisket, stew, split pea/lentil, etc. That way I can take one out and have a meal for 2 nights. I also cook during the week but not as much. I'll usually cook a nice meal when I have my daughter - stuff like meatloaf, steak, fish, chicken, etc. I also cook a fair amount of messikan and I-talian. Burgers and such as well.

I also keep a limited amount of ground beef, chicken, sausage, bacon, etc. in the freezer, but I have limited space in my small freezer.

Last edited by High_Noon; 04/22/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,943 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,349
Posts18,468,835
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.