Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
673, you must be one of the people who thinks the government is out to kill you. laugh

Feel free to talk about hunting, fishing, camping or the outdoors here. It's not healthy to spend your day being a "stuck inside" grump! laugh

Yes, with the help of some of its Citizens.
But if you were to simply have respect for the topic at hand ...did you read the link?

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I sure did. How many COVID threads would you like? laugh I count seven.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by 673
673, you must be one of the people who thinks the government is out to kill you. laugh

Feel free to talk about hunting, fishing, camping or the outdoors here. It's not healthy to spend your day being a "stuck inside" grump! laugh

Yes, with the help of some of its Citizens.
But if you were to simply have respect for the topic at hand ...did you read the link?

Please quit quoting him, please.

Reply but no quotes please 😁

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
He cannot help himself. I don't think you can either. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steve is not wrong about me being a "stuck inside" grump, as I only sawed up 4 legitimate cords of Fir and Birch today. I only worked half a day and went home for lunch. I did have to leave the house to do all that lol.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Sorry dudes. It appears that if you want your liberty back you will have to kill for it. Just sayin, avoiding circumlocution of it.

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Not at all.

Are you an American or a Canadian these days?

Im a dually, and none of the vaccines are proven. Canada is still using them. Some like AstraZeneca, and now J&J are banned in other countries, yet Canada is still pushing them. They have even lowered the age on AstraZeneca. Because Canada has done such a horrific job getting, and distributing the vaccine they are stretching out the timeline between the two Moderna doses up to four months apart. Manufacturer guidelines are 28-days. Two things wrong with this; number one, science is showing you get very little protection with just one dose, and two, studies are showing that the effectiveness of the vaccine isnt as good when the second dose is delayed. So stop pretending Canada has handled this correctly, they have botched it at every turn, to the point that its embarrassing. It really has shown the world the inefficiencies of our health care system.

Are you a government employee, or a private citizen these days??

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Your language is inflammatory. Describing medicines as poison, or saying that something is banned rather than not approved, or its use suspended, is incorrect. Some of it is your opinion. Try and be accurate.

We do not need a barrage of COVID posts. It would be nice to see them bundled into one thread.

You never completely retire from the government.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
You folks fighting a virus, or each other? laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
It sure seems like that.

You remember our discussions about the top forum? Many of these posts qualify for that area of the board. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Freak Show". canuck style?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think so. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Your language is inflammatory. Describing medicines as poison, or saying that something is banned rather than not approved, or its use suspended, is incorrect. Some of it is your opinion. Try and be accurate.

We do not need a barrage of COVID posts. It would be nice to see them bundled into one thread.

You never completely retire from the government.

I disagree, its quite obvious you think you own this section, and nobody's opinion counts but yours. A whole lot of medicines are in fact poison, but that comment was tongue in cheek, and you know it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I do not own this section, but I do care about it. Please don't change the subject. The examples I cited have everything to do with being truthful and accurate.

Never assume that your audience knows what you mean. You say that you are an outdoor writer. It is your responsibility to be accurate.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All medicines have side effects, my cough from my cardiovascular medicines. Unlike my dad, I have seen my three score and ten. I'll keep taking them. And suck on Fisherman Friend while hunting.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
I do not own this section, but I do care about it. Please don't change the subject. The examples I cited have everything to do with being truthful and accurate.

Never assume that your audience knows what you mean. You say that you are an outdoor writer. It is your responsibility to be accurate.

Again, I disagree. You are citing your opinion only. I could give you a long list of medications that are in fact poison, but if you are interested do some research yourself. My comment on the vaccine was just that a comment, but the truth is no one knows what the long term effects will be.

I said 'banned' you said suspended. Suspended implies a short pause. Many media outlets and reporters are using the term 'banned'. So if its absolute truth you are looking for I suggest you read or listen to sources besides CBC.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...id-vaccine-risk-blood-clot-under-30s-EVG

You have a nasty habit of turning any thread you dont agree with, or isnt about you, into a pissing match. Why dont you do yourself a favour and refrain from clicking into them?

Yes I am an outdoor writer, and have been for many years. While accuracy is always important, forums are not the same, and the pay sucks.

Last edited by yukon254; 04/23/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You don't like it when someone disagrees with what you have posted. That is human nature, but try to see past your own feelings. You can google writer's responsibilities, or you can read the first two pages of this.

https://umanitoba.ca/faculties/engi...ical/pdf/Graduate_Newsletter-issue-6.pdf

Because someone takes up a different POV, or asks for proof, does not mean it has become "a pissing match". When you present a POV or an argument, you should expect that some people will question your facts.

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2021/75389a-eng.php

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
You don't like it when someone disagrees with what you have posted. That is human nature, but try to see past your own feelings. You can google writer's responsibilities, or you can read the first two pages of this.

https://umanitoba.ca/faculties/engi...ical/pdf/Graduate_Newsletter-issue-6.pdf

Because someone takes up a different POV, or asks for proof, does not mean it has become "a pissing match". When you present a POV or an argument, you should expect that some people will question your facts.

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2021/75389a-eng.php

What I expect is irrelevant. The two things you questioned, the word "banned' and my tongue in cheek comment, 'poison' were both accurate, and I have provided you with sources. You refuse to comment on them because you know the term 'banned' has been used extensively, and across a wide variety of media sources over the last two months concerning AstraZeneca. Canada is still using it. So Canada IS using a vaccine that has been banned in other countries. That is precisely what I said, there was nothing "inaccurate or untruthful" in that statement.

A POV is much different than saying something is 'untruthful and inaccurate" which is exactly what you did. It's apparent that, that is your MO though, so Im not surprised.

I certainly dont need advice from you on writers responsibilities.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by yukon254

You have a nasty habit of turning any thread you dont agree with, or isnt about you, into a pissing match. Why dont you do yourself a favour and refrain from clicking into them?

Yes I am an outdoor writer, and have been for many years. While accuracy is always important, forums are not the same, and the pay sucks.

Right there

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Some friendly advice: Try to make your points responsibly. Ad hominem arguments don't get you anywhere.

I don't mind reading differing POV. You would be more convincing if you were collect your COVID arguments into one thread, and not let them get scattered. I know you don't see this, but I am trying to help.

This wasn't tongue in cheek. I suggest that you make your points responsibly. Don't assume the reader will know what you are thinking, or why you wrote what you did. Expect push-back.

Canada approved this vaccine a month or so back. In addition to the deadly clotting issues that have been attributed to this poison, there have been other issues as well, like the 62 million doses that were 'contaminated' and now this. Apparently our government is still planning on sending this stuff out to be injected like they did with AstraZeneca, even though other countries banned it altogether! Amazing that Canadians will stand for it, let alone take it. Its like they are willing to inject themselves with anything, and frankly its embarrassing that Canada is kind of a 'dumping ground' taking anything they can get. Almost like some poor third world country.

An interesting side note is that J&J quietly ask another company to look into the clotting issues. They know it is happening.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/v...u-uVUR2XlAgUZIR6hYpIV9ZGxc8ZkowmPjt6j2ag

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

704 members (163dm, 160user, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 3,142 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,119
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.