Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
In reading some history about the occult that Hitler aspired to there was a universal belief among them that whoever possessed the Spear of Destiny or the spear the Roman soldier used to stab Christ with would rule the world. That very spear was in a museum in Poland. What country did he attack first? Poland. Just goes to show how mankind can be deceived. Hitler certainly was.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
The Roman Catholic Church has yet to open their books to the Israelis as requested for that period of time (WW2).
Reckon they’re tryin’ to protect Pope Pius XII’s image...?
He never denounced the Holocaust publicly, and is now a candidate for canonization.

I believe it’s more like being about money, jewelry, art, etc. that supposedly and is suspected to have been taken from the Jews in Germany of that era.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe it’s more like being about money, jewelry, art, etc. that supposedly and is suspected to have been taken from the Jews in Germany of that era.

I too have had evicted tenants come back months later asking for their stuff back so I know how the Church feels.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
In reading some history about the occult that Hitler aspired to there was a universal belief among them that whoever possessed the Spear of Destiny or the spear the Roman soldier used to stab Christ with would rule the world. That very spear was in a museum in Poland. What country did he attack first? Poland. Just goes to show how mankind can be deceived. Hitler certainly was.

They had all kinds of talismen that they wsnted for power. They had rituals and made decisions based on astrology. They looted and had an unsatisfied lust for power.

I asked a Satanist lawyer why he was a Satanist.
What's your motivation? What do you want out of this weird religion?

He summed it up that it comes down to a lust for power.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So possibly the Roman Catholic Church willingly tolerated or flat-out ignored the Nazi’s crimes against humanity in order to benefit financially from money, art, jewelry, and other valuable belongings taken from murdered Jews and others...?

shocker

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I had mistakenly thought Hitler and the Nazis embraced Christianity.

I just watched video of Chancellor Dr Alfred Rosenberg demanding the abolition of Catholic and Protestant churches in Germany in 1938.

Followed by German Church Regulations: Article XXX

"The Christian Cross is to be removed from all churches and cathedrals, and is to be replaced by the immortal symbol of Germany, the Swastika"

Followed by arrest and execution of hundreds of religious leaders of all denominations across Germany. I guess Hitler's ego could not compete with anybody's God.

Neo-Nazis certainly like to invoke the name of God!

If you ever want to know about one of the greatest German heroes of WW2, read "Hanged On a Twisted Cross", a biography about a pastor named Detreich Bonhoffer. Arrested, imprisoned and finally executed by the Nazis for openly defying Hitler.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I don't think one could use both terms in the same sentience.

Jews do it all the time.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Wow. This is way too deep for Friday night cocktail hour(s)! cool

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
So the Roman Catholic Church willingly tolerated or flat-out ignored the Nazi’s crimes against humanity in order to benefit financially from money, art, jewelry, and other valuable belongings taken from murdered Jews and others...?

shocker

Heh !
Good one.

The Jews couldn’t spirit themselves much less their hard assets out of the country . These were ‘supposedly ‘ entrusted to the safe keeping of the Roman Catholic Church until they could later be reclaimed. The Roman Catholic Church was pretty much the soul surviving Chr*stian Church entity to remain somewhat whole in Germany and other occupied countries during those turbulent years.

When the Jews were relocated to camps, etc. and failed to return to collect those entrusted hard assets,,,,,,the present day Israelis want to have a look and an accounting of the records that were kept.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Ive read much into the subject and the truth is that the nazis were all over the map in regards to the Christian faith. They used it when it was advantageous but they always had a strong distaste for the power of the Catholic church over Catholics in both Germany, allied countries and conquered lands. The authority was dangerous to them as it superseded their own authority...at least amongst the Catholics.

There are documented cases of German senior officers being questioned on their faith and allegiance, passed up for promotion etc...speaking of the Catholics here

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So the Roman Catholic Church willingly tolerated or flat-out ignored the Nazi’s crimes against humanity in order to benefit financially from money, art, jewelry, and other valuable belongings taken from murdered Jews and others...?

shocker

Heh !
Good one.

The Jews couldn’t spirit themselves much less their hard assets out of the country . These were ‘supposedly ‘ entrusted to the safe keeping of the Roman Catholic Church until they could later be reclaimed. The Roman Catholic Church was pretty much the soul surviving Chr*stian Church entity to remain somewhat whole in Germany and other occupied countries during those turbulent years.

When the Jews were relocated to camps, etc. and failed to return to collect those entrusted hard assets,,,,,,the present day Israelis want to have a look and an accounting of the records that were kept.

Just so we're clear, getting out and starting over wasn't what they were after.

Going back to claim abandoned property, that changed hands during a literal world war is what drives the Elly Weasel society?

Does that apply to farms, houses, etc. of everyone else affected by the belligerents? I don't think the jews have a monopoly on that.........

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did anyone watch either of the documentaries yet?
It sounds like you all would enjoy them both.
One's on Himler and the other is on Hitler. There's two others as well.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

shocker

Heh !
Good one.

Going back to claim abandoned property, that changed hands during a literal world war is what drives the Elly Weasel society?

Does that apply to farms, houses, etc. of everyone else affected by the belligerents? I don't think the jews have a monopoly on that.........

Okay.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

shocker

Heh !
Good one.

Go back.

Go Back.

Aliyah to Israel Benefits...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

shocker

Heh !
Good one.

Okay.

Not being a prick, I'm serious. I have enough of Abrahams wayward wanderers in my background I'd not have promoted in the Nazi party. wink

I don't do victimhood well. Life is what you can carve from it. Perpetuating the perception of "justice" when all they're after is abandoned property seems to fit a stereotype eh? IMHO

But what do I know, I'm only an American.

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A great read with incredible insight into this is Metaxas’s biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, “Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Prophet, Martyr, Spy.”

The Nazis basically told the Lutheran church leadership that if they wanted to be taken care of they would toe the line. A lot did and solid Christians like Bonhoeffer chose to remain true to their beliefs. The Lutheran church went through a split into 2 factions: basically the govt approved, wishy washy woke church and the traditional underground church. Eventually Bonhoeffer got a job in German intelligence and became involved in the Valkyrie plot. If you haven’t read it get it.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

shocker

Heh !
Good one.

Okay.

Not being a prick, I'm serious. I have enough of Abrahams wayward wanderers in my background I'd not have promoted in the Nazi party. wink

I don't do victimhood well. Life is what you can carve from it. Perpetuating the perception of "justice" when all they're after is abandoned property seems to fit a stereotype eh? IMHO

But what do I know, I'm only an American.

American myself.

Some would posit that theft is theft. Victimhood can often accompany things like that. Then there’s living family members of those who had their entrusted possessions stolen from to be considered.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It just goes to show how imagination and fantasy can shape reality and effect the lives of countless people and many generations.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

American myself.

Some would posit that theft is theft. Victimhood can often accompany things like that. Then there’s living family members of those who had their entrusted possessions stolen from to be considered.

So the same holds true for everyone who lost a farm or house as well? Should we fund assassin squads and lawyers to get back their lost familial property as well? Are are the jews unique in that they get back their shidt but nobody else does? How many generations does this "legit" victimhood carry on for?

MAGA
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
For the Jews? Apparently forever...its their ace in the hole. The blood spilled in their liberation apparently wasn't enough...nor was stealing them an entire country in the middle east.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

332 members (1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 264mag, 29 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,452
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.