Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A local gun shop Red's Trading Post has some powder in stock. H4530 $69.99 / lb or $499.99 / 8lb keg. Varget is a little cheaper at 59.99 / lb and I think there was some 4064 at $49.99/lb. Is this where we are? or are they taking advantage of the situation.

Sportsman's warehouse gets about 5# per week and the same dozen old retired guys go buy it whether they need it or not. Other than that there really is nothing available in Southern Idaho.

I did not buy any, actually had some pretty serious sticker shock. I guess that puts me in the gouging camp, but after thinking about it a day I'm wondering if this is going to be the new normal for powder prices. I would hope that prices would settle back to maybe 20% over what it was before but it's going to take a while.

Last edited by centershot; 04/24/21.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Local shop had R17 & R26 last weekend and priced at 39.95. I thought that was high. Sucks

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can also but it direct from hogdons web site.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think 70 bucks a pound for h4350 is the new norm. If you pay that much it's the new norm for you.

Patience grasshopper.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hard to believe that the same old retired guys are buying all the available powder.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Paid $32 for several different types last 2 weeks.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I paid $31.99 for a pound of CFEBLK and $37.00 for a pound of Longshot in the past two weeks. Also a pound of H4198 for $31.99. These are from LGS. They are mostly selling to regulars who are buying to use, rather than flip it for a profit.
If you are paying $50-100 per pound, you are extremely desperate or......

Last edited by dale06; 04/24/21.

NRA Patron
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I've been trading my powder stockpile for reloading services from my next door neighbor.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by centershot
A local gun shop Red's Trading Post has some powder in stock. H4530 $69.99 / lb or $499.99 / 8lb keg. Varget is a little cheaper at 59.99 / lb and I think there was some 4064 at $49.99/lb. Is this where we are? or are they taking advantage of the situation.

Sportsman's warehouse gets about 5# per week and the same dozen old retired guys go buy it whether they need it or not. Other than that there really is nothing available in Southern Idaho.

I did not buy any, actually had some pretty serious sticker shock. I guess that puts me in the gouging camp, but after thinking about it a day I'm wondering if this is going to be the new normal for powder prices. I would hope that prices would settle back to maybe 20% over what it was before but it's going to take a while.

They're out of their minds. As stated above, Hodgdon's selling from their website and Powder Valley gets stuff in regularly. Just gotta be ready to jump when in stock.

Last edited by local_dirt; 04/24/21.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I don’t wanna sound like an ass hole, but we’re all you people born between November 2016 and November 2020?

Because this has all happened before. The only thing that stopped it was Trump’s winning. Remember?

So do the math. It’s not stopping until the Potato Head is out.

It is not going to improve.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm seeing powder here in SC AK since Feb at any where from $32 to $40 a pound. One place wanted $320 for an 8lb of IMR4831, 3 weeks later they still had it.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I don't know of any powder at the BPS, Sportsmans, Cabelas around here, maybe they get some in on certain days but they would sell out fast if they did. I hear some of the smaller gun stores get some and it's 60 or more per pound, primers are up to 100 a brick.

I've had a lot of components since 2010 for the guns I have, shotgun, rifle and a 45, and 22 shells. In the last year I've bought some new guns that require different components so am restocking my inventory. I've picked up sr and sp primers by trading powder, other primers, bullets. I've picked up bullets online from midway, shooters pro shop, midsouth, even here in the classifieds.

Powder... starting last dec I've watched the sites, midway, powder valley, hodgdon, sporadically powder comes available and then sells fast.

Popular powders were 30 to 35 a pound, add haz, shipping, tax, if you can get 4 or more pounds it averages 8 to 10 bucks a pound depending on the source... so 40 to 45 a pound.

This month when available those same powders are 41 to 48 plus the H/S/T from Midway.

I was able to get 5lbs of IMR from Hodgdon and it cost 245.07 total. If sportsmans had it which they don't, it would be 42 plus tax, so 46+ and gas to get there. I didn't buy that powder for me but to pass on to others here local... I'm done as some feel it's gouger price and it is high, every one can just source their own.

Powder is pretty much 50 bucks a pound retail now for the decent rifle powders.

Yesterday midway had some primers available when I checked, remington 209 shotgun... 75 bucks a brick, 1 brick limit, add H/S/T it had to be over 100 bucks, all their primers are 75 bucks retail.

I don't see retail going back down to last years prices ever. It pretty much mirrors the issues we have in the construction industry and material prices.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Same ole same ole BS line that was thrown about on the last shortage. Just about as worn out as Russian collusion. Give it a break.

Swifty
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Also... Midway had some VV powders a couple weeks ago, 8lb N560 was 342, I add it to cart and went through the whole thing to see how much... 397.77 for an 8lber. I had no intention of buying but was curious.

That's retail now.

Kent

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The little ttle bit of powder that's available at my LGS is running between $37&$45 per pound. I caved and picked up a couple pounds of 4198 a couple weeks ago. It was $41 per pound.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Same ole same ole BS line that was thrown about on the last shortage. Just about as worn out as Russian collusion. Give it a break.

That is exact words from a Sportsman's Warehouse employee. Flame on.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

I don’t wanna sound like an ass hole, but we’re all you people born between November 2016 and November 2020?

Because this has all happened before. The only thing that stopped it was Trump’s winning. Remember?

So do the math. It’s not stopping until the Potato Head is out.

It is not going to improve.

Didn't say I bought any........ I have enough stockpile to get me through this year and maybe next - but not shooting as much as I would like to. Eventually I am going to run out and then I'll have to pay the price or take up golf.......and I hate golf.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’m not saying that you did.

I’m saying it is not going to end. You have four years of this minimum.

So yeah, there’s more than one reason I golf like a banshee.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whit inthe world is goin on with the prices and stuff, I been watchin Stagecoach and list’nin to Farty Robbins?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (300_savage, 257wthbylover, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 22 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,499
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.