Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've been doing some light searching for a chest holster that will disguise a medium frame revolver, but have struck out. I'm thinking something along the lines of one of those oversized, square or rectangular, black nylon belt "holsters" that were being marketed a few years ago as planner pouches or something like that, but as a chest rig. I'd even settle for one of those belt pouch thingys and add some straps to make a chest rig if I have to.

The idea is to completely cover the gun with a flap, (no zippered pouches - already have one of those) so it's unrecognizable, but still have fairly quick access to it. This would be a rig to wear when I want my hands free while working outside, hiking, etc. I prefer to stay away from leather for this application.

Does anyone know of a product like this out there?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hill People Gear kit bag or possibly a binocular carrier.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
The kydex shell one that clips on your bra works pretty well according to the wife. Conceals well under scrubs. As we hope you don't wear a bra, straps to take the place of would be required and let a shirt be the covering.

Last edited by urbaneruralite; 04/24/21.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
HPG kit bag is the answer.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Discrete and chest-rig don't seem compatible..
When you flip the flap won't it hit you in the face?
Or are you thinking a weakly velcroed flap that you pull aside with your weak hand?

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 04/24/21.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I used to have a wide elastic band with a Velcro-attached holster that could be worn under a buttoned shirt holding a medium-frame gun under my left armpit. I wore it between a tee shirt and my outer shirt to keep it from itching, and it did feel like it made it a wee bit harder to breathe, but otherwise it worked as advertised. I only had to undo one button on my shirt to gain access to it. (Wonder where that rig went...)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are you open to a fanny pack? What about a sling pack?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is the purpose of this to be an every day concealed rig? If so, then "discreet" is kinda out of the question, I think.

If this is something you want to wear hiking or fishing and don't want to frighten the tree-hugging Karens you may pass by, then something that looks like binoculars or a camera case or something like that would do, but I have no recommendations.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by K1500

I was going to suggest this until he said "no zippers", which gets rid of 99% of the options.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stophel
Is the purpose of this to be an every day concealed rig? If so, then "discreet" is kinda out of the question, I think.

If this is something you want to wear hiking or fishing and don't want to frighten the tree-hugging Karens you may pass by, then something that looks like binoculars or a camera case or something like that would do, but I have no recommendations.

Deceiving Karens while out on the trails is the goal, but protecting the gun from the elements is a factor.

I already have a "tacticool" shoulder bag of sorts, but I find myself loading it up with so much stuff, (Boy Scout, be prepared kimdnof thinking) that it weighs pretty heavily on my left shoulder. I'd like to take the weight of my gun out of the shoulder bag and move it to a rig on my chest while still being discreet.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by K1500

I was going to suggest this until he said "no zippers", which gets rid of 99% of the options.

I could deal with a zipper if it were vertical, but nearly every bag I've seen, including the shoulder bag I have, has a horizontal zipper, which is awkward IME, because I have to reach down into the bag to grip and draw. I want something that gives me a draw motion along the lines of a horizontal shoulder holster, but lays across the weak side of the chest and in a package that disguises the contents.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

That's an interesting option. Closer to my ideal than anything else I've found.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Check out diamond D. They are out of AK . I got a chest rig for my usp 45. Not godly huge and you can arrange for shoulder if need be.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Seems like shoulder holsters are taboo these days. A good reason, or a multitude of them.??

I kind of like them. Maybe not as quick or chic as the chest rigs, but horizontal & vertical both are easy to conceal IMO, & some are very comfortable. It doesn't take much to cover them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by Stophel; 04/24/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use a Hill People chest kit bag trail running, mountain biking, and motorcycle riding. Keeps things up and out of the way and looks fine when you go into a store or restaurant .

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O

IDK,.
A shoulder rig under a vest or jacket seems better designed to keep Karen at bay..
Especial if you are right handed and passing left to left shoulders on the trail.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunzo
Seems like shoulder holsters are taboo these days. A good reason, or a multitude of them.??

I kind of like them. Maybe not as quick or chic as the chest rigs, but horizontal & vertical both are easy to conceal IMO, & some are very comfortable. It doesn't take much to cover them.

I have an inexpensive vertical shoulder holster. Had it for 30 years and it works great for concealment. Even carried my .44 Redhawk in it under a flannel shirt jacket and nobody knew it was there, and I'm a small guy at 5'5". Problem with a shoulder rig for my purposes is bulk under the arm when active, and the biggie for my purposes - concealment in warmer weather.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Horizontal shoulder rigs work well with thumb release with a short barrel .
Then there was a holster some years ago , don’t remember who made them or if they’re still available , but they fit like a wide spandex thing around you’d midsection fastening by wide Velcro .
Never had one turn loose on me or weapon , but at that time I didn’t have a belly .
Could be carried under your arm or across torso .
Did cause sweat under the band but don’t recall anything getting to gun .
Did some pretty fast and long hikes with them .
Kenneth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,810
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.