-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wadded up aluminum foil in grilling tings here as well.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I thought you self-proclaimed Shaman types had all the answers. Between this and the 'what do I do about my well' thread, I believe a handle change is in order...

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Vets solution for when a dog swallows something it shouldn't have is a can of pumpkin pie filling, This encapsulates whatever was swallowed and eases it's passage through the digestive system.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Maybe drink a few glasses of Metamucil? Keep it from traveling solo and getting lodged somewhere?

Last edited by Futura; 04/24/21.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Go get an Xray. Any local urgent care should be able to do it. When I was an RN I had a patient almost die from swallowing a toothpick. A big old farmer who was in septic shock and had raised white count and liver enzymes through the roof. It was tough to figure out because the toothpick didn't show up on Xray.

The toothpick made it past his stomach into his small intestine but when the pipe zigged the toothpick zagged and went through the intestine and stuck into the liver and caused a hell of an infection.

We had to take out a third of his liver. These things are much better delt with before infection sets in. I'd avoid an MRI. If you don't do anything and start to get really sick in a week or so, fever, throwing up etc, be sure to let thr Dr know.

Got any cow magnets?

Bb

IC B2

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
I thought you self-proclaimed Shaman types had all the answers. Between this and the 'what do I do about my well' thread, I believe a handle change is in order...

Being a shaman does not give you access to all the knowledge or wisdom of the Universe. It just lets you do things like talk to frogs and interpret dreams. If you get a visit from a spirit animal, I'm the guy to see. The rest of it? I rely on you guys for advice.

I am pretty good with computers.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where is Slumlord when ya need him, gawd knows he'd have a elixir
just for this ailment!

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sounds like it could be a serious sheit. Probably nothing to it but why wouldn't you go to the emergency room?

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Shaman swallows a quarter.

See if he craps out two dimes and a nickle.

What about the 3 percent processing fee?

Bb

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Shaman, We call that hardware on the farm and it kills a cow or horse occasionally. More often when folks fed wire tied hay bales. If'n you was a cow, we'd already have shoved a four inch long, cylindrical magnet (available at most farm supply stores) down your throat.

Shaman, get yourself under a Dr's care. Let him do the X-rays and monitor that wire until it passes. SOOON

Killing a turkey is not worth losing your life, or even the need for emergency surgery.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Being a shaman does not give you access to all the knowledge or wisdom of the Universe. It just lets you do things like talk to frogs and interpret dreams. If you get a visit from a spirit animal, I'm the guy to see. The rest of it? I rely on you guys for advice.

I am pretty good with computers.

'All the knowledge or wisdom of the universe' is a pretty long way from needing advice on a potentially lethal liability on your land, but OK.

Talking to frogs though? Cool. What kinds of hallucinogenics we talking?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://vitalitycapsules.com/truth-files

This is Dr Jennifer Daniels email. It's the first highlight near the top.

She doesn't always answer personally, but might do so tomorrow morning approximately 10 AM when she posts her Sunday morning pre recorded broadcast.
She usually covers several emails and might pick yours. Hint...she reads brief ones that are clear and to the point. Then gives her take. She was an emergency room physician. Her archives should be bookmarked regardless because it's very valuable information. There's hundreds of hours of classes on that page, for future reference.

Next,
I know what it's like to swallow something like that.
I recently shoved a wire like that through my thumb while crushing garlic that I used for years. That's probably what was used to scrub off soil. Not a good feeling to think about getting hung up on the way down.

Another time I swallowed shards of fine glass from a salad at Outback. I am OK, but the typical,(not Daniels), Dr. didn't want to get involved and had no solution. That was my limited experience. I just wouldn't have wanted exploratory surgery for something that was not going to kill me. Most decide based on "standard of care", or hospital policy. That might mean running CAT scans or whatever insurance might cover, and doing whatever is typical. I have no answers myself other than contact Jennifer now, before you forget, and listen to the morning broadcast. Refresh if it isn't posted by noon. Check date to determine which is for April 24.

https://vimeo.com/drjenniferd
PS: The Q&A is in the last 15 minutes. Purpose of Life was last week for reference. The next broadcast should appear above that. Contact me with any questions since I might not check back here until after the weekend.

You know that I'll pray for you.
Also as I remind anyone I pray for, please watch the links in my signature for encouragement.

To your health and happiness,

Happy Camper

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/24/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd go have a look at that brush. Pull a few bristles off and let them sit in a glass of coke overnight. You'll see if they disolve or not. Give you an idea what to expect.

God Bless America
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Those wire grill brushes should be illegal!
I had to extract a wire from my tongue once. I walked back outside and threw the brush into the trash.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Call a doctor.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang...this thread has been educational!

Shaman....I hope you came through this ok.

Going out to toss the wire brush now....

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well, it's 1933 LIMA and so far no ill effects. Whatever went in at 1415 LIMA is now out of my stomach and into the small intestine.

Whatever I et, it sure wasn't a 3/4" bristle. That was just what I picked off the burger. The one that went down the gullet must have been shorter. How short? I guess I'm on the road to finding out.

So far no ill effects. I still have a bit of a tickle up in the back of my throat, but that's it.

I'll keep the cell phone handy, but I think I'm past worrying for now.

Thanks again, everyone.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I hope everything comes out alright.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tie a small magnet to a string and go fishing for it.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn’t read the responses but I would let an ER doctor give you his or her opinion.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

153 members (257 roberts, 2UP, 44mc, 35, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 15 invisible), 1,987 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,699
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.