Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A shoulder holster is a lot of bulk under your armpit. And probably not very compatible with a backpack. I usually pack a .45 in a modified M7 holster on my chest. It gets around all my backpack straps. But around here, nobody cares if you have a gun, generally, so it's not a huge concern for me. If necessary, I can drape a neckerchief over it or something.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stophel

There's a video on that page the OP should watch before discounting all horizontal zippers.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

There's a video on that page the OP should watch before discounting all horizontal zippers.

I watched it. It reinforced my opinion against that style of bag for a few reasons. Too big, too much chance of grabbing the wrong pull, among those reasons.

Appreciate the input, though. 🙂

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have two sling bags,not very good for conceilment but I can even get my BFR 45-70 in it and it can be carried in different ways....

Jayco👍

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I used a butt low shoulder rig which held the pistol in place with velcro straps. It was used mainly for a S&W K frame revolver with a 4" heavy bbl. It was my plain clothes rig. Comfortable and smooth to engage. Holster itself was leather.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I plan to make my own.

If you have someone in your family who can use a sewing machine, they could put together your own design or someone elses. If its too tough, like leather, handsewn works for anyone.

Something with shoulder straps like the hpg , but with velcro OR snap closure would work.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
To heck with the Karens!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
There is the "Man Gear Alaskan" but the handgun grip is uncovered. So it does nothing for concealment.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
To heck with the Karens!

That's my usual position, but these days it seems like minor confrontations escalate more than they used to. I'm trying to avoid the headache.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I plan to make my own.

If you have someone in your family who can use a sewing machine, they could put together your own design or someone elses. If its too tough, like leather, handsewn works for anyone.

Something with shoulder straps like the hpg , but with velcro OR snap closure would work.

A hole punch and leather lacing works and is attractive.

Momma recently sold her Con-Sew, which I had used for light leather projects. But it was not up to the task if asked to sew saddle leather. About 1/4 inch combined thickness was all you could put through the presser foot.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by bruinruin

I watched it. It reinforced my opinion against that style of bag for a few reasons. Too big, too much chance of grabbing the wrong pull, among those reasons.

They make the Snubby Bag, which fits up to a Glock 19. The video I saw on their site says that you don't unzip it, you leave a small opening at the corner where the two zippers come together and just rip it open.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Something like this Scott you could make a flap for it to achieve what you want.

https://www.amazon.com/Tanker-Holst...t+holster&qid=1619305841&sr=8-33

Here's one that appears to be velcro.

https://www.amazon.com/Active-Pro-G...t+holster&qid=1619306295&sr=8-53

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If Karen asks what’s in your HPG Kit bag just tell her baby wipes and granola bars

Get one in grey or one of the search and rescue bags

Last edited by jmd025; 04/24/21.

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UPhiker

They make the Snubby Bag, which fits up to a Glock 19. The video I saw on their site says that you don't unzip it, you leave a small opening at the corner where the two zippers come together and just rip it open.

I understand, but a 2 handed draw seems like a poor requirement for a holster bag.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It is easy to do a <3 second Bill Drill while walking if you practice. I wear mine lower than shown in the video and leave the zip mostly open unless it's raining/snowing.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The HPG kit bag is what you want....even if you don't think it is. If you don't want to mess with a zipper just leave the side zipper open. Put a zac trigger guard on it, secured to the tab in the bag and you're set.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I plan to make my own.

A hole punch and leather lacing works and is attractive.

Momma recently sold her Con-Sew, which I had used for light leather projects. But it was not up to the task if asked to sew saddle leather. About 1/4 inch combined thickness was all you could put through the presser foot.

I agree.
It's hard to beat leather for that.

That's very thick for any home model. Sounds like a powerful machine. Mine jambs on layers of denim.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by UPhiker

I understand, but a 2 handed draw seems like a poor requirement for a holster bag.

What are you stowing?
Perhaps you could find some sort of pouch that is open on your strong hand side that you can secure a kydex "click secure" holster inside?
Probably need a strap around your weak side to keep it from pendulum-ing
when you pull.
Compromising for priorities can be a PitA...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm thinkin' the Active Pro Gear one might be your best bet. Grab the front, and rip the velcro open.

Get a Sierra Club patch or something and sew on it. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of.options above.

My buddy earlier had a Safari vest thats light, doesn't print and can go over a T shirt and shoulder rig in July and look normal.
I've used one on and off for a long time.
When going into the store or crowds, just zip up the front a little to keep the drape. You can still draw that way.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (222ND, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,159
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.