Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WMR
Yea, I know. Control freaks, Nazis, etc. But why would someone not follow the rules at a club they had voluntarily joined? If you don't like the rules, get them changed or just go somewhere else. Don't get ticked at a club for enforcing the existing rules. After all, you agreed by signing up. If you don't follow the rules you had agreed to, it says something about you, doesn't it?

Unfortunately, not according to some on the Campfire.......

BP-B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Never been to a range, don't plan on going to one. I can shoot 600 in my backyard.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
It was right before deer season at a club. Had an FNC para and popped a few quick ones at the 50.

RO and says no full auto allowed. Told him it was a semi w stock trigger. He then with a shocked look says " no simulated FA ".

OK, whatever man.

Figured out later at the 100, some Fudd was zeroing in a slug gun. Had his wife around.

Squirrely

My guess is that the slob and slobette were related to the RO ( small town nearby ) and that the dude was a felon.
Had his wife there to claim it her gun, and they didnt want a complaint w the popo showing up.

Honestly, Ive seen some horrible shooting there, and idiots not placing targets in front of backstops.

All my rounds hit the fuggin target.

Must say, the new shooters are clueless and horrible and not a MF RO around.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I never like to be around guys like that....brass flying everywhere, and then most of the time around here, they never pick up the mess they made...

and they love to come in and pay their $7,00 because they aren't members and then go out and destroy two brand new target frames at 25 yards, with two 50 round clips...

My response tho, is to just pack up, head home and go back when its a lot less crowded and having guys like that there...

I do hate their attitudes of tearing up stuff and then assuming they have free room service also...

we have a million miles of Forest Service land they can go out and do that crap on....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If you have a problem with that, you probably have issues with sand in your vagina also.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
If you have a problem with that, you probably have issues with sand in your vagina also.

Flip side of that, is we get tons like that type... who are usually not locals...

who are usually from the state about 25 miles south as the crow flies...

they leave their brass, usually steel cased cheap commie crap, laying all over the place..

destroying brand new targets stands,

and then you hear comments like " who the F cares.... its Oregon"

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Flip side of that, is we get tons like that type... who are usually not locals...

who are usually from the state about 25 miles south as the crow flies...

they leave their brass, usually steel cased cheap commie crap, laying all over the place..

destroying brand new targets stands,

and then you hear comments like " who the F cares.... its Oregon"

Build better target stands, make people clean up their brass. Have some fun. Make a rapid fire lane. It’s not complicated.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
diversity = destruction

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'd be rich if I had a nickel for each steel case some jackoffs are always leaving on the ground at the range I use.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I consider myself fortunate to have a good club on a state lease. Conditions are usually excellent regarding wind and lighting, so you can really squeeze the last bits out of your firepower. Still, even though members are required to be NRA members as well, and we all are supposed to volunteer to help with upkeep and infrastructure, I'm still amazed at how often our target frames (4x8) get hit and damaged and need to be sweatily replaced. Four feet by eight feet and they MISS? These are supposedly upstanding adults and their well-socialized kids and relative guests!

And no, we don't generally ever need ROs except for sight in (oh, boy, is THAT a spectacle) and matches. Sometimes, it gets a little busy and a more-senior member will "take charge" in order to promote safety.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Back to the OP subject - there is a lot of speculation on what happened to get the RO attention. If you look at the background there does not appear to be anyone else shooting and most are looking in the shooters direction, possibly a cease-fire was called and he didn't hear it, or other possibilities such as someone down range - regardless what he was doing got everyones attention so it is likely that the shooter was doing something that he shouldn't have been. It would be good to know the whole story behind the film clip.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
I never like to be around guys like that....brass flying everywhere, and then most of the time around here, they never pick up the mess they made...

and they love to come in and pay their $7,00 because they aren't members and then go out and destroy two brand new target frames at 25 yards, with two 50 round clips...

My response tho, is to just pack up, head home and go back when its a lot less crowded and having guys like that there...

I do hate their attitudes of tearing up stuff and then assuming they have free room service also...

we have a million miles of Forest Service land they can go out and do that crap on....

Teehee.... You said "clips". 50-rounders, too.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by drover
Back to the OP subject - there is a lot of speculation on what happened to get the RO attention. If you look at the background there does not appear to be anyone else shooting and most are looking in the shooters direction, possibly a cease-fire was called and he didn't hear it, or other possibilities such as someone down range - regardless what he was doing got everyones attention so it is likely that the shooter was doing something that he shouldn't have been. It would be good to know the whole story behind the film clip.

drover

Keep in mind if he was "shooting to fast" it would also get others attention....

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
But what if it was a knee grow doing this at your range. There are plenty here that would object to even having one at their range.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
669 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 74 invisible), 2,722 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,051
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.