Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
This Canadian immigrant pastor has been warning people for years. He's lived under communism and understands what is happening. Glad to see he is standing his ground. He was videoed the first time they visited his church too. This is the second time.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/sick...utaBGJS0zQOKEZCpurVZ3i4lMSqZ3J_4PKkTiwTY

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Apparently that court order did not actually grant them the power to forcibly enter his church.

If they could have, they would have.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by saddlegun
Apparently that court order did not actually grant them the power to forcibly enter his church.

Thats what i thought. Im sure they will get their paperwork in order and return.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by yukon254

Thats what i thought. Im sure they will get their paperwork in order and return.

I missed that second video, but I watched it this time. The pastor noted that the court order was invalid because it listed the wrong organization on it.

Perhaps they were just running a bluff and the court order was a bogus prop.
If he allowed them in, perhaps they would simply say later that the pastor granted them permission to enter, so the invalid court order is irrelevant.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This is the section of the Criminal Code the guy was quoting: http://www.criminal-code.ca/crimina...rest-of-officiating-clergyman/index.html

The key word is “unlawfully”. So, if they have a court order, does that mean they can “lawfully” obstruct the clergyman? Interesting question.

My wife’s church is dealing with similar issues. They’re allowed only 10 people at a service in their small church. Priest, deacon, an alter boy, 2 choir members and 5 church goers.

Easter is a big deal in the Christian Church. It’s an especially big deal in the Orthodox Church and it falls this weekend. We’re in full lockdown.

Another pastor in a town near here has been fined almost weekly for holding large services. They sure haven’t pointed to any outbreaks because of it. In fact, they’re transporting Covid patients from Toronto to the local hospital ICU, which is probably a greater risk.

People are getting fed up.

IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
This is the section of the Criminal Code the guy was quoting: http://www.criminal-code.ca/crimina...rest-of-officiating-clergyman/index.html

The key word is “unlawfully”. So, if they have a court order, does that mean they can “lawfully” obstruct the clergyman? Interesting question.

My wife’s church is dealing with similar issues. They’re allowed only 10 people at a service in their small church. Priest, deacon, an alter boy, 2 choir members and 5 church goers.

Easter is a big deal in the Christian Church. It’s an especially big deal in the Orthodox Church and it falls this weekend. We’re in full lockdown.

Another pastor in a town near here has been fined almost weekly for holding large services. They sure haven’t pointed to any outbreaks because of it. In fact, they’re transporting Covid patients from Toronto to the local hospital ICU, which is probably a greater risk.

People are getting fed up.

Yes anyone with a lick of common sense is getting fed up. The rules make no sense. Look at Walmart. They have had their best year ever. Meanwhile small mom and pop stores have gone broke.The same rules are not applied across the board. My youngest daughter is a paramedic. I think its safe to say she is more likely to be around the vulnerable than most. Her husband just got back from Alberta and now has to quarantine for 14 -days. Because they are married, and live together, common sense dictates that she should have to quarantine too. But thats not the case. She is expected to go to work. Its complete insanity and anyone who cant see it, isnt playing with a full deck.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
yukon254;
Good morning to you sir, I trust the nights are getting somewhat warmer up there and that other than the current crazy state of the world you and your family are well.

Indeed as you've said, it's the obvious inequity of the rules and how they're applied/enforced that gives me the greatest unease.

We're not supposed to even go up to Kelowna now, but last time we did Costco was certainly not suffering any. For sure not packed to pre-beer flu levels, but still there were a whole lot of bodies in there. Last weekend in Penticton we were topping off the bedding plant situation and the lineup at Canadian Tire went well into the parking lot.

Then too, I'm vexed by whatever talking head comes on the news and says, "This is now gospel and we must all do that" and there's no mention that it contradicts what they or a different talking head said yesterday. The example of - mask not required - mask useless - mask bad - mask might be good - mask required - two masks required - illustrates to me the ineptitude in communicating the message to the public.

I know folks will say, "Well it's because if they said we needed masks the public would panic buy and there'd be none for the front line workers" and there may be some truth to that - but - we need then to ask ourselves just how it is we've become mired in a situation where too much of the population can't be trusted to do "the right thing" even if they know it, right?

Could there possibly be an issue with ongoing mistrust of government and it's media minions not giving us the entire story? I believe this to be a major contributing factor myself.

Honestly too, while I'm not a huge fan of Rob Ford, I almost fell off my chair when he came on TV and apologized. I can't recall the last time I've heard a politician on any level make what I felt was a heartfelt apology, but then perhaps he's just a better actor than the others too - I can't say.

Anyways sir, I do hope that you and your family stay well and manage to keep on keeping on with all this situation, it's not simple or easy for small or medium sized business here in western Canada for sure.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Dwayne, maybe Im just getting old but this feels like the coldest April I've ever experienced! Im up in central Yukon at the moment nearing the end of a 3-month medic job at the old Faro mine site. Since covid tanked our business Ive been doing a lot these short jobs. Anyway it was -15 here this morning, and it felt warm compared to yesterday. We had a strong north wind that made the windchill near -20, but it felt colder.

The bears are moving though. The COs were called in last week and they caught a young black bear near camp. A grizzly was spotted yesterday so I guess they have decided to tough it out. The thought that they know something we dont has crossed my mind and Im going with that. Warm weather must be on the way. Certainly isnt anything green for them to eat.

A young engineer showed up yesterday. We share an office so get to visit a bit. He said that although himself and his friends took it all very serious in the beginning, that they are just living life as normally as they can now. No social distancing, they are having friends over ect. The fatigue is setting in I believe. The government has moved the goal post to many times for any rational person to take them seriously anymore.

Enjoy that sunshine and warm weather. I sincerely hope you get to walk some of those beautiful hillsides down your way this spring. The crocuses should be up down there by now so the bears will be on the move. Im headed home tomorrow and have 18-days before the next job begins so the wife and I are planning a trip out to the trapline. Its a good place to forget about all the craziness!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
yukon254;
Thanks for the reply and weather report sir, I appreciate it.

My friend and next door neighbor is one of the senior mechanics in one of Stuart Schmidt's mines - I want to say they're further north up by Stewart Crossing perhaps? He WILL NOT be happy it's that cold this morning as they had to rebuild a crusher at one sight this spring.

We've been getting out and about quite a bit thanks and it is nice down here, though fairly dry up until the first rain last weekend.

My local "yard bear" left me a little something below the house a couple days back, which doesn't please me as he chases "my" mulies and definitely will eat the does and fawns if he gets a chance. IF he shows too often and season is still open, he may end up in sausage if he's not careful, you know? wink

Again, much of my issue is the inconsistency of the application of the rules as well as the lack of clear explanations from those who need to be doing so.

All the best to you sir, stay warm and thanks again for the weather update.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
While I am no fan of police overstepping their authority, I am also believe that in a pandemic that churches should have no special privileges that businesses and other places where people gather indoors do not.

Covid19 doesn't care about religion. It infects, incapacitates, and kills indiscriminately.
So wearing a mask, limiting occupancy, and physical distancing isn't about violating your Charter rights or your God-given right to worship. It's about slowing the spread of a disease.

Do you really not believe that people are not dying from this thing?
There have been nearly 4,000,000 cases and over 120,000 deaths in Italy alone.

And yes, everyone is getting fed up with the whole bloody thing. I certainly am.
It's depressing to have to wear a mask in stores and not being able to visit my sister and her family at Easter and Christmas.
But, T.S., because it isn't going away. If anything it's getting worse.
And the vaccines aren't getting to enough people, and nobody really knows if they will remain effective against the mutant strains of the virus, even when they do get vaccinated.

It's not a conspiracy. It's not "The Great Reset".
It's just that the Feds and provinces haven't a clue about what else that they can do besides what they are already doing.

Did the Feds and the provinces screw up over the last year? Hell yes.
Were they over-zealous in some instances, while failing to take appropriate action in others?
Hell yes.
Did they lie in the early months about masks being not needed by health care workers. Hell yes.
Are small businesses dying because of the restrictions? Hell yes.
Have many people lost their jobs over this? Hell yes.

But denying that this is happening and refusing to wear a mask indoors in a business or a church will only make things worse.

IC B3

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
While I am no fan of police overstepping their authority, I am also believe that in a pandemic that churches should have no special privileges that businesses and other places where people gather indoors do not.

Covid19 doesn't care about religion. It infects, incapacitates, and kills indiscriminately.
So wearing a mask, limiting occupancy, and physical distancing isn't about violating your Charter rights or your God-given right to worship. It's about slowing the spread of a disease.

Do you really not believe that people are not dying from this thing?
There have been nearly 4,000,000 cases and over 120,000 deaths in Italy alone.

And yes, everyone is getting fed up with the whole bloody thing. I certainly am.
It's depressing to have to wear a mask in stores and not being able to visit my sister and her family at Easter and Christmas.
But, T.S., because it isn't going away. If anything it's getting worse.
And the vaccines aren't getting to enough people, and nobody really knows if they will remain effective against the mutant strains of the virus, even when they do get vaccinated.

It's not a conspiracy. It's not "The Great Reset".
It's just that the Feds and provinces haven't a clue about what else that they can do besides what they are already doing.

Did the Feds and the provinces screw up over the last year? Hell yes.
Were they over-zealous in some instances, while failing to take appropriate action in others?
Hell yes.
Did they lie in the early months about masks being not needed by health care workers. Hell yes.
Are small businesses dying because of the restrictions? Hell yes.
Have many people lost their jobs over this? Hell yes.

But denying that this is happening and refusing to wear a mask indoors in a business or a church will only make things worse.

If the rules applied right across the board I would have no problem with it, but they dont. It makes no sense whatsoever to tell a church, or the lady that owns a hair salon down the street that they cant do whatever they do, yet let 1000 people into walmart or the big grocery chains.

Studies have now shown us that the virus doesnt do well on surfaces. They have also shown conclusively, that masks do nothing and the latest study on social distancing showed that you can catch it from 60 feet as easily as you can from 6.

Where the government gets in trouble and loses credibility is when they just dismiss those studies and their findings. Good science should drive policy on this, and it isnt. Look into some of the scientists that did the study on masks for example. They are top shelf in their field, and have way more experience than some of the CMOs making the decisions in Canada. People lose trust when these studies start to get around.

Now reports are starting to trickle in that 60% of the new cases in the US are being found in people who have already gotten vaccinated. I dont think anyone knows how true this is yet, but if it turns out to be true, the incentive to get vaccinated will disappear. Meanwhile Florida and a few other states are wide open and doing just fine.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Something that I always found idiotic was that provinces and municipalities were permitting people to enter restaurants and shopping center food fairs and then remove their masks to eat.

Obviously you can't eat with a mask on. However the social distancing of 6 feet or 12 feet, or whatever, is ineffective to prevent the spread of air-borne viruses with no mask or face covering.

I recall that a doctor who studied the issue before Covid19 concluded a patient could spread an airborne virus for 30 feet or more by coughing.

Also, in years past, when smoking was still permitted in restaurants, I recall watching how cigarette smoke moved around a fast food place. This particular one, located in the corner of a bus depot building, had sun streaming in the large windows on the two sides forming the corner.

The owner had allocated all of the window tables as the smoking section, so it created an effect where cigarette smoke was very visible under strong sun light. What was interesting, and annoying, is that the HVAC had zero effect on removing that smoke-laden air. It just drifted slowly from those tables to everywhere in the place.

Obviously then, social distancing has little to NO effect at stopping the spread of Covid 19 in indoor spaces, because virus-laden air will move around undeterred by HVAC and because an airborne virus can still infect you at 40 feet or more.

Masks DO help though, because they confine the tiny liquid droplets from your mouth that escape when you speak or cough, that are most likely to spread the virus.
The transparent plastic barriers that are so common now do the same thing.
Also, wearing a mask indoors is a small thing to ask these days.
Many businesses will just provide them to you for free.
And they do not infringe on your privacy or your human rights.

So, packing the pews of a church full of people is a stupid thing to do. If the masks are as ineffective as many claim, then they should continue to limit the number of people inside them. Churches are not essential services, like food stores and pharmacies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Something that I always found idiotic was that provinces and municipalities were permitting people to enter restaurants and shopping center food fairs and then remove their masks to eat.

Obviously you can't eat with a mask on. However the social distancing of 6 feet or 12 feet, or whatever, is ineffective to prevent the spread of air-borne viruses with no mask or face covering.

I recall that a doctor who studied the issue before Covid19 concluded a patient could spread an airborne virus for 30 feet or more by coughing.

Also, in years past, when smoking was still permitted in restaurants, I recall watching how cigarette smoke moved around a fast food place. This particular one, located in the corner of a bus depot building, had sun streaming in the large windows on the two sides forming the corner.

The owner had allocated all of the window tables as the smoking section, so it created an effect where cigarette smoke was very visible under strong sun light. What was interesting, and annoying, is that the HVAC had zero effect on removing that smoke-laden air. It just drifted slowly from those tables to everywhere in the place.

Obviously then, social distancing has little to NO effect at stopping the spread of Covid 19 in indoor spaces, because virus-laden air will move around undeterred by HVAC and because an airborne virus can still infect you at 40 feet or more.

Masks DO help though, because they confine the tiny liquid droplets from your mouth that escape when you speak or cough, that are most likely to spread the virus.

So, packing the pews of a church full of people is a stupid thing to do. If the masks are as ineffective as many claim, then they should continue to limit the number of people inside them. Churches are not essential services, like food stores and pharmacies.

It’s kind of ironic that you were against showing your face in a gun store for a photo because you perceive that it violates your privacy and freedom, but you are quick to support a practice that violates peoples’ fundamental right to worship, stating that churches are not essential services.

For the record, I’m against both practices.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

It’s kind of ironic that you were against showing your face in a gun store for a photo because you perceive that it violates your privacy and freedom, but you are quick to support a practice that violates peoples’ fundamental right to worship, stating that churches are not essential services.

For the record, I’m against both practices.

In the first place, limiting the number of people in a church does not violate anyone's fundamental right to worship. Secondly, I never said that I was opposed to a person's fundamental right to worship.

I did say that I believed that churches should not be allowed to be filled to capacity in this pandemic. I stand by that.

And, religious people continue to be able to worship whatever deity that they choose under the Covid19 regulations, and to practice the same religious beliefs as before.

However, they can not fill up a church to maximum capacity simply because they wish to.
They can still visit a church in limited numbers to pray however.
That's not about violating people's rights, and it does not.
It's about preventing the spread of disease.

And just as we must all wear masks in businesses and other indoor places where people gather, we must wear masks inside of a church.

You will notice that I never said that I was opposed to wearing medical masks inside of a gun shop, or to limit the number of persons in a gun shop at any one time, just as in all other public places.

And, I would be just as much opposed to any requirement for church-goers to have to submit to mug shots in order to enter a church, as I would for a gun shop or anywhere else.

And, the definition of an essential service is:

"Daily services essential to preserving life, health, public safety, and basic societal functioning."

That includes:
- health, medical and social services,
- public safety and security,
- Food / shelter public services,
- Energy & utilities,
- Water,
- Industrial,
- Petroleum, natural gas, and coal,
- Construction,
- Agricultural,
- Financial,
- Information and telecommunications.

Churches are not on the list because they don't really fall into any of these categories.

And, church-goers can still attend church and pray.

They just can't pack the church to the rafters during a pandemic.

Last edited by saddlegun; 05/03/21.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
“And, religious people continue to be able to worship whatever deity that they choose under the Covid19 regulations, and to practice the same religious beliefs as before.”

But they can’t. Orthodox Easter was this weekend. Most deeply religious day of the year. Includes getting your Easter basket blessed, to celebrate the long fast from Lent, not to mention the Resurrection. You might not think it’s a big deal, but I assure you, it is. And it’s the second year in a row it’s been derailed.

“ And, the definition of an essential service is:

"Daily services essential to preserving life, health, public safety, and basic societal functioning."

And what about those who believe not only in preserving this life, but preparing for the next? You don’t have to believe. You, and no gov’t has a right to tell anyone else how to believe.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
“And, religious people continue to be able to worship whatever deity that they choose under the Covid19 regulations, and to practice the same religious beliefs as before.”

But they can’t. Orthodox Easter was this weekend. Most deeply religious day of the year. Includes getting your Easter basket blessed, to celebrate the long fast from Lent, not to mention the Resurrection. You might not think it’s a big deal, but I assure you, it is. And it’s the second year in a row it’s been derailed.

“ And, the definition of an essential service is:

And what about those who believe not only in preserving this life, but preparing for the next? You don’t have to believe. You, and no gov’t has a right to tell anyone else how to believe.

But you ARE able to worship whatever deity that you choose under the Covid19 regulations, and to practice the same religious beliefs as before.

Nobody is saying that you can't.

And nobody is saying that you can't get your Easter basket blessed, or celebrate Lent, or the Resurrection.

You just can't pack your church to the rafters with people, and refuse to wear masks while doing it.

As far as "services essential to preserving life" including praying to prepare for the afterlife" is concerned, it really makes no mention of this.

But again, nobody is saying that you can't pray in a church to do this. You just can't pack the church full and refuse to wear medical masks.

And, again, NOBODY is telling you how to believe or what to believe. The Covid19 regulations make absolutely no mention of limiting or modifying your religious beliefs in any way whatsoever.

In an unprecedented world-wide pandemic such as this, we must enforce common-sense health measures to protect all persons.

And, churches already do conform to numerous government regulations already, such as fire codes, food safety codes, health codes, building codes, occupational health and safety codes, and electrical and plumbing codes, and income & taxation laws, just to name some.

The government isn't going to waive any of these, just because a church might claim that they violate their religious beliefs, and they shouldn't.

Last edited by saddlegun; 05/03/21.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,282
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.