Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Ima thinkn brats on the grill and cole slaw this weekend.
Fair amount of beer too.

Lawn looks like chit. Proly need to hammer that out first.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/27/21.
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
FWIW by 2012 my nearby F&W area got cleaned out of turkey and deer by local poachers.

They can work em down pretty fast.

Two yrs and they was gone.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hookeye
FWIW by 2012 my nearby F&W area got cleaned out of turkey and deer by local poachers.

They can work em down pretty fast.

Two yrs and they was gone.

Square hooks can destroy a small to medium sized walleye lake in one summer or less.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
Yup. Everyone better learn how to identify and harvest wild edible plants and cook them. Native Americans thrived on the land without planting crops. All you need is knowledge

You also need a population about 1/50th of the current United States and a life span about age 35.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by MAC

Wrong Dummy. Just go shoot another one if it runs out.

Just like the buffalos and the passenger pigeons.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
Yup. Everyone better learn how to identify and harvest wild edible plants and cook them. Native Americans thrived on the land without planting crops. All you need is knowledge

Game animal numbers on the continent likely outnumbered humans millions to one during the warmer, Archaic non-agrarian periods.
That must be what those thousands of arrowheads and flint tools were for that I’ve picked up for 40 years.

No doubt they utilized plants, but the getting was easy, nuts, berries, bird eggs, turtles, crustaceans, mollusks, etc. Those didn’t require chasing. Why eat weeds? . Meat was the main source. It was plentiful and they were experts at getting it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Take care of everything right from the shot to the eating. I know what I have and not letting anyone else screw it up.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Deer and turkey were wiped out to the point of being nearly extinct east of the Appalachians by 1800, and east of the Mississippi by 1850. The last elk in Kentucky was shot in 1847. The last buffalo killed in Kentucky was in 1792... where only 20 years earlier, the region was teeming with them.

And you think that game animals and fish won't be wiped out if something like this happened today? ..... Within three months, even mice would have to be put on the endangered species list.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Can JiminTN still eat a cock per day ?

LMAO
Is he on a diet now?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I ain’t giving up my steak.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by MAC
Can't answer for anyone else but I haven't personally bought meat from the store since 1986. I fill my freezer with venison, wild pork and game birds. I don't see how any thing an idiot like China Joe does will stop me from eating as much meat as I want. As long as I have ammo (and I have a bunch) I will eat wild game. You sheep that depend on the store may be screwed, but I won't.

If there's no meat in the store, the game you've been eating will dry up in a hurry as well.

Wrong Dummy. Just go shoot another one if it runs out. If it comes to that season and licenses will not matter, if I have ammo, I will not starve. And if the ammo runs out I have a crossbow as well as a recurve and know how to use both. On the other hand, sheep like you can stay in the pen and starve and I will feel no pity for you.

He's absolutely right.

Wild game of any sort will become scarce PDQ.

Go down to Mexico and see if you can find a rabbit, or a deer, or just about anything else a .22 can kill within about 10 miles from a town of any size there...

I would have thought retired military personnel would know how things work.

Guess not.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty well known fact in Arizona when the mines go on strike the wild game population in the area decreases significantly and nobody knows anything.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
People still bitch about all the damn wild hogs.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Sigh-another gatewaytpundi falsehood broadcast by Tucker Carson & others. Please get and take medication-it can help.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I have nothing for this...even democrats have to be embarrassed by the twit.

But they're not. This is who they elected, because no matter how stupid he is, they will do as he says.

You think he was elected?

The election was the biggest fraud on the USA EVER

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
People still bitch about all the damn wild hogs.

They will become table fare and beyond that, will be sought after because they contain fat, because wild game doesn't have much fat content.

Bacon will hundred fold in demand and price.

Trade ya a pound of smoked bacon for 100 .22lr...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by reivertom
I hope they push this with all their Government might for the next 4 years. Maybe messing with food will wake up some sleeping Democrats.

I don’t think so, the indoctrination started in grade school and the brain washing runs deep, too deep where reason an facts cannot reach.

Most likely millions of Democrats that have heard Biden’s speech are nodding their head in agreement, scouring the Internet for ready to eat soy burgers, meatless meal recipes, and chicken and fish recipes.

The rest of the Democrats will rush to the store and empty the shelves to make sure they get theirs first.

Remember, we have already been told that Red Meat is Bad, that it the cause if every physical ailment and disease known to man.

Banning red meat will not piss off very many Democrats, if any.

Well, that was quick. These people are so predictable.

Epicurious announced Monday it has stopped publishing recipes featuring beef.

It might not feel like much, but cutting out just a single ingredient—beef—can have an outsize impact on making a person’s cooking more environmentally friendly," Epicurious Senior Editor Maggie Hoffman and former Digital Director David Tamarkin explained in an article published Monday. "Beef won’t appear in new Epicurious recipes, articles, or newsletters. It will not show up on our homepage. It will be absent from our Instagram feed."

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/epicurious-cuts-out-beef-recipes-over-sustainability

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do you guys actually this b u l l s h it?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by funnybone
Do you guys actually this b u l l s h it?

Have you not been listening to Your President .

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
So if Joe eats a turnip is it considered cannibalism?

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1337Fungi, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,321
Posts18,468,449
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.