Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Typical behavior for some departments.
That's the kind they look for.
There's no accountability, cover-ups and the bonding or city tax payers insurance covers legal fees and suits.

There's a case of a family who rented the town hall rec room for a little girl's birthday party. After the party, everyone goes home and the parents are cleaning.
A roided officer of the law walks in and beats the father half to death in front of the little one for lasting memories of officer friendly.
What happened aftermath?
A small settlement and the serve and protector got a better paying job at a corporate security job in the same area.

I could speak to those in other dpts that have good people skills and offer to help folks who are in distress, but that can wait for the appropriate thread. The dirt bag that was hired in the video isn't the only one that needs to be held accountable. Somebody hired him and covered for him before, or he wouldnt be doing this to anyone, no less grandmother.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/27/21.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I didn’t see anything overly aggressive there. The woman looks much younger than 73 and doesn’t act as someone with dementia. In a perfect world the cops would all act like Andy Griffith but in the real world they’re busy and get tired of people guilty as sin playing dumb and not complying day after day.

Based on some of the reactions I was expecting to see the police body slam a clearly confused and old as dirt woman to the ground. That doesn’t seem to be the case.

So rewatching the video of it and laughing when they could hear her shoulder pop while she was in a cell with no medical care is OK? You don't have to be Andy Griffith to be a decent human being.

You forgot. Some people have dementia.
We should be happy her neck or skull wasnt busted and that she did even get medical care.
Hey, they deserve a few laughs for what they have to put up with.

The police could very well have been a-holes.

I'd say so.

Some seem to have dementia at times well before 73.
wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Just for the record she walked out with $13.00 worth of stuff. She was then confronted by an employee and he acted like a prick. She tried paying after this but he wouldn't let her. Then the cavalry shows up to set her straight. Then these "public servants" laugh about hurting her. Some of you people are either stupid or sick if you think she deserved this. When the civil war breaks out I hope we get to hear you talk like this.

I haven’t kept up on all of it. There’s no excuse for laughing after the facts came out. As far as offering to pay after concealing with attempt to steal that is a crime, if it weren’t all shoplifters would attempt to steal and then offer to pay if caught. Was she a model citizen grandmother with dementia as portrayed by the msm or a career shoplifter with moderate dementia? IDK. I do know that nobody would ever get arrested if police let everyone claiming a cognitive problem just walk away.

She was called into police. They identified her asked her to stop and talk to them. She didn’t so they put her in cuffs and didn’t get nuts with brutality doing it IMO.

Okay, so a lady that isn't in her right mind needs to be treated the same as a criminal. I get it now. I can promise you that walmart has video if her is she has been a shoplifter on a regular basis. They also have people inside the store watching. The fact that they haven't released anything like that about her tells me this was most likely not a regular thing for her. Sometimes you post some decent thoughts on here but what you're going on about here is not the case.

In retrospect no. Do the police responding have all of the backstory? They identified the correct person. She continued to not comply and walk away. In an ideal world they’d have all day to surround her, cut off her path home, call in a mental health expert and so on. In real life they deal with these calls all day and well over 9 out of 10 are someone not suffering from dementia and simply choosing to not listen. For that reason I cut the police some slack. If they spent all day with literally everyone and there family claiming mental or cognitive problems police would literally get nothing done.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If just viewing the bodycam footage I "might"would be willing to give reasonable doubt to what really happened, but after hearing about the laughing and mockery, no way. Thugs with badges are still thugs.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
In truth the old lady is lucky she didn't get shot in the face, then the male cop could claim he didn't know he had a gun in his hand. He thought it was a flashlight or handcuffs or car keys hell maybe it was a chocolate doughnut.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just for the record she walked out with $13.00 worth of stuff. She was then confronted by an employee and he acted like a prick. She tried paying after this but he wouldn't let her. Then the cavalry shows up to set her straight. Then these "public servants" laugh about hurting her. Some of you people are either stupid or sick if you think she deserved this. When the civil war breaks out I hope we get to hear you talk like this.

I haven’t kept up on all of it. There’s no excuse for laughing after the facts came out. As far as offering to pay after concealing with attempt to steal that is a crime, if it weren’t all shoplifters would attempt to steal and then offer to pay if caught. Was she a model citizen grandmother with dementia as portrayed by the msm or a career shoplifter with moderate dementia? IDK. I do know that nobody would ever get arrested if police let everyone claiming a cognitive problem just walk away.

She was called into police. They identified her asked her to stop and talk to them. She didn’t so they put her in cuffs and didn’t get nuts with brutality doing it IMO.

Okay, so a lady that isn't in her right mind needs to be treated the same as a criminal. I get it now. I can promise you that walmart has video if her is she has been a shoplifter on a regular basis. They also have people inside the store watching. The fact that they haven't released anything like that about her tells me this was most likely not a regular thing for her. Sometimes you post some decent thoughts on here but what you're going on about here is not the case.

In retrospect no. Do the police responding have all of the backstory? They identified the correct person. She continued to not comply and walk away. In an ideal world they’d have all day to surround her, cut off her path home, call in a mental health expert and so on. In real life they deal with these calls all day and well over 9 out of 10 are someone not suffering from dementia and simply choosing to not listen. For that reason I cut the police some slack. If they spent all day with literally everyone and there family claiming mental or cognitive problems police would literally get nothing done.

Well in my mind you've done a real job of defending slime. It's hard to not take on those traits yourself when you do so. By the way, these cops deserve no "slack".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkmtb
If she had dementia bad enough to forget to pay, how was she walking home alone?

Many dementia patients are what are called "wanderers." My late wife had Alzheimer's dementia and she was a "wanderer." I could walk out of the room to go to the bathroom, come back in two or three minutes and she'd be gone. Scared the hell outta me a number of times. Run outside and that person has disappeared. You have no idea the intense fear that runs through your mind when that happens.

I would not be a bit surprised if that poor woman in Loveland was a "wanderer."

And people who have dementia are NOT rational. Your reality is NOT their reality. Logic is useless trying to deal with dementia patients.

My opinion but it is based on experience.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Well in my mind you've done a real job of defending slime. It's hard to not take on those traits yourself when you do so. By the way, these cops deserve no "slack".

The only thing those cops deserve is to be removed from polite society.

They didn't become this was overnight, so in addition, their supervisors and everyone one in their chain of command up to the Chief off Police needs to be permanently removed from law enforcement.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
A couple of the officers in the video dont have the right personality to be police officers. They need a new job and one needs an ass kicking

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I agree with more of your post than disagree but we’ll have to disagree on this one.

If she in fact has dementia and it seems like she does but I don’t trust anything the msm says at face value. It absolutely could have been handled better but unfortunately police get put into a cookie cutter position where everyone and there family and the msm will claim dementia or any other host of problems. They don’t know that going in and from a practical standpoint when they ID the proper suspect and that person refuses to stop I can see how a bad situation like this happens.

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Now after seeing the video, the officer that breaks her shoulder should do a little jail time. That is flat out abuse

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by elkmtb
If she had dementia bad enough to forget to pay, how was she walking home alone?

Many dementia patients are what are called "wanderers." My late wife had Alzheimer's dementia and she was a "wanderer." I could walk out of the room to go to the bathroom, come back in two or three minutes and she'd be gone. Scared the hell outta me a number of times. Run outside and that person has disappeared. You have no idea the intense fear that runs through your mind when that happens.

I would not be a bit surprised if that poor woman in Loveland was a "wanderer."

And people who have dementia are NOT rational. Your reality is NOT their reality. Logic is useless trying to deal with dementia patients.

My opinion but it is based on experience.

L.W.

That's tough on anyone. Patient, family...

IMHO and my personal experiences when there's any conflict if any kind, there should be some ID of the non state issued kind . Just like any reasonable person would not do what was done by this guy. Many police would likely defend the woman if he did this in their presence. It doesn't get seen very often though. Sometimes those who have that job get defensive and take criticism of others personal so they get thrown into the same category.

If some lady is not obeying someone's commands, it seems these days like that justifies breaking bones when no force was justified. Being a person with a mental handicap or TBI in these times can be very dangerous for them. My empathy.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by bobinpa
I didn’t see anything overly aggressive there. The woman looks much younger than 73 and doesn’t act as someone with dementia. In a perfect world the cops would all act like Andy Griffith but in the real world they’re busy and get tired of people guilty as sin playing dumb and not complying day after day.

Based on some of the reactions I was expecting to see the police body slam a clearly confused and old as dirt woman to the ground. That doesn’t seem to be the case.

Are you being serious??? She had a confused look on her face when the moron approached her and ALL she ever said was she was going home.... She wasn't confrontational or argumentative, she just wanted to go home.... In turn, the cop just couldn't handle her defiance and got her to the ground, cuffed her and THEN dislocated her shoulder. If she was a whacko with hostages they would try to talk her out of it, but $14.00 worth of stuff she left at the store and she gets attacked and thrown in a cell for 6 hours with no medical attention. GMAFB!!!!

For sure.... disgusting.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Are you being serious??? She had a confused look on her face when the moron approached her and ALL she ever said was she was going home.... She wasn't confrontational or argumentative, she just wanted to go home.... In turn, the cop just couldn't handle her defiance and got her to the ground, cuffed her and THEN dislocated her shoulder. If she was a whacko with hostages they would try to talk her out of it, but $14.00 worth of stuff she left at the store and she gets attacked and thrown in a cell for 6 hours with no medical attention. GMAFB!!!!

I’m sure that she did just want to go home.Then again anyone else getting caught committing a crime just wants to go home Vs. jail or a hassle with cops too. They’re was no way for the police to know that she had dementia and she did commit a crime. Granted a petty crime but I get why law enforcement gets tired of and doesn’t have all day to deal with people mostly committing minor crimes but that want to not comply and argue all day. They didn’t bodyslam her. She concealed property (a crime) they asked her to talk to them. She didn’t so they forcefully put her in cuffs as quickly and efficiently as possible with minimal force.

She did not have the stuff. She gave the stuff back to the security at walmart and they let her leave. She was walking home, on the street. What possible reason do you have for the dickhead officer using leverage on her arm until it breaks and her shoulder is dislocated.... I think you have a lot of talking to do before you convince a normal person that this should be acceptable or understandable.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Yea...they did a great job serving and protecting didn't they. Makes me sick...we are surrounded by criminal enemies. Some wear a badge...some wear basketball shoes

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

So rewatching the video of it and laughing when they could hear her shoulder pop while she was in a cell with no medical care is OK? You don't have to be Andy Griffith to be a decent human being.

You forgot. Some people have dementia.
We should be happy her neck or skull wasnt busted and that she did even get medical care.
Hey, they deserve a few laughs for what they have to put up with.

The police could very well have been a-holes if they laughed over it after the fact with full background of the woman and her injuries they are a-holes. Legally to me I don’t fault the cops for the arrest. She looks younger than 73 and doesn’t appear as an obvious dementia sufferer. If you’ve ever watched an episode of Cops back in the day. Most crimes are petty crimes and most don’t want to comply with basic reasonable police commands. The police don’t have all day to do dementia evaluations, PTSD evaluations, defiance disorder evaluations ect. She doesn’t appear to have an obvious cognitive problem and police don’t have all day or other practical ways to deal with people walking away when asked to stop that refuse to comply. IMO. Unfortunate for this particular woman.

They dont have all day....? They damn well better find the time! You think this is acceptable for an armed force to be out on the streets acting like this with civilians? It isnt right.... and at least one of them should be charged, jailed and fired.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Thank God the cops in Caldwell Id are not so vicious.

My wife's Mom was in an Alzheimers ward for about five years before she passed. But she was cunning enough to escape several times. She would hang out near the door and dash out as someone entered. Until we moved her to a facility with a "sally port".

One time she found a piece of sharp steel lying along the road and used it to fend off her caregivers as they tried to coax her back to the facility. Another time it was a fist sized river rock.

As facility staff are not allowed to "man handle" a patient, nor can they physically force a patient back into the facility, they had to call City Police each time.

Wonder of wonders, the cops managed to get this five foot six 110 lb 79 year old woman back under lock and key, not only without broken bones, but also with no visible bruising.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The officer was more than likely following his training and dept protocol.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oakster

I’m sure that she did just want to go home.Then again anyone else getting caught committing a crime just wants to go home Vs. jail or a hassle with cops too. They’re was no way for the police to know that she had dementia and she did commit a crime. Granted a petty crime but I get why law enforcement gets tired of and doesn’t have all day to deal with people mostly committing minor crimes but that want to not comply and argue all day. They didn’t bodyslam her. She concealed property (a crime) they asked her to talk to them. She didn’t so they forcefully put her in cuffs as quickly and efficiently as possible with minimal force.

She did not have the stuff. She gave the stuff back to the security at walmart and they let her leave. She was walking home, on the street. What possible reason do you have for the dickhead officer using leverage on her arm until it breaks and her shoulder is dislocated.... I think you have a lot of talking to do before you convince a normal person that this should be acceptable or understandable.

As I understand it. She did conceal the property which is a crime. Walmart let her go but that wasn’t relayed to the police. I didn’t see anything in the arrest that I would suspect to cause that level of injuries. She IMO didn’t look particularly elderly and I didn’t see extreme force in getting her in cuffs to comply.

It sucks but she committed a crime and refused to comply with something as basic as stop or turn around and comply with police. Which may have been because of the dementia but there was no way for police on the fly to know that.

I see this whole thing as the msm turning there sites on “lil ol grandma to rile up whites just like they have blacks.” I’m not arguing that it couldn’t have been handled better but in real time she was another petty criminal that didn’t want to comply. I didn’t see police using extreme force.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
WOW

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
144 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 300_savage, 160user, 35, 14 invisible), 1,839 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,778
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.