Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I am a supporter of the guys in blue. I can't support Hopp at all. I believe the others just went along with Hopp. He needs to be fired immediately. So when do we burn down the city?? Oh that's right, we are not in it for money. We will let the justice system play out.

GB1

RL Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by ltppowell
90% make it less than 5 years in real LE and, unfortunately, most of those that are good at what they do move on to positions where they don't deal with the "general" public in random situations every day.

That statistic sounds reasonable, understandable and a shame as well. I think there are hundreds of police officers doing a good job everyday while a few overshadow the good by their stupidity and power trips. What I don't understand is why, from my personal perception, otherwise good cops seem to defend the actions of those few while not really promoting the good of the hundreds. Not saying you personally but even on this forum all you have to do is read what is written. I get it - "you have to walk in their shoes to understand" - but that is just an old tired saying by now. I support you guys but "don't leave me hanging bro." 😁

Or you can formally complain on azzholes doing s hit that is illegal, far more violent and over the line than this situation....and nothing is done. But yet somehow you're now a snitch in your coworkers eyes, and still a pos to the public.

Its a lose/lose.

Good times!

To be honest, you were one of those that I had in mind about defending the few. Before you get all pizzed at me hear me out. While never being in your shoes, I have been part of many tight knit teams that counted on each other. I understand what happens in the (fill in the blank) stays there mentality. In this specific case most likely all of these cops on admin leave are not really rogue. They got caught up in a bad situation "possibly" brought on by one or two. At the end of the day, by not standing up "snitching" for what is right, they are off the job - maybe even lose the job. Don't know about you, but my family comes first. I did not nor would not jeopardize my families livelihood and financial stability just because of some stupidity on the part of a teammate. Do it right or move on. Just an opinion and not really meant to be a personal shot at you.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If those cops lose their jobs, would you hire them? I wouldn't. Many employers will do a Google and Facebook search on applicants. Many will do a complete background check too. I don't feel badly for these bad cops and the trouble they will face trying to get hired in any capacity elsewhere, and certainly no position with authority.

They knew the camera was rolling in their precinct and were laughing about it anyway. It wasn't an undercover sting operation with conversations taken out of context. When this occurred, it was just a couple of weeks after the Minneapolis incident.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well gee if the old lady had dementia why was she out in public alone anyway? These kinds of things usually accomplish at least one good thing, jackass cops being fired.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
A kid grew up just down the road from me. His folks were great people. He was not. After he gets grown up he decides to be a cop and applied to the adjoining county for a deputy job. He got hired. My best friend had been a deputy there for 30 years. He was telling this dude got hired and wanted to know if I knew him. To make this story short this young guy threatened to kill his parents when they asked him to move out, he was in his early 20s then. I told my friend about this and even told him others that heard the same threat as I did, he made it in public. The sheriff kept him on despite finding this out. Is that good? I think not.

Then another neighbor kid applied for the Springfield, Mo. police dept. The dept. sent a private investigator here, 4 1/2 hour drive away to ask his neighbors about him. I was one of them he spoke with. I had nothing but high praises for this young man. Everyone around here did as he was a fine person. They earned my respect for vetting this guy the way they did. The other sheriff in the other hiring did not.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by deflave

Uhhh,,,Paul.

What's on Old Toot's agenda today?

Flail your arms and tell everybody how Jewish you are?

LOL

Naww.
Just to keep the good folks here mindful of your being a drunkard, hiding behind walls, wearing a diaper on your face and playing with sock puppets.

That is all.

Once more for you, Flave.

Are you flailing your arms?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Some here don't seem to be familiar with "early onset dementia". It's not always 80 year olds.
Am I the only one who sees the irony in the name of the city LOVEland?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have never seen any mention of this on the MSM. Any guesses as to why that would be? GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
white/white?

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m on record as a supporter of LEO

But I’d gladly take a baseball bat to that guy’s head.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Sometimes the best support we can offer to our men and women in blue is to stand against bad policing and bad police.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Sometimes the best support we can offer to our men and women in blue is to stand against bad policing and bad police.

Pissing in the wind unless police themselves stand against bad policing.

The Blue Wall of Silence is alive and well.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Might be the part about the cops reviewing the body cam that’s informative.

Yes it is so very informative.

A real life changing event.

Will be for those cops.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Will be for those cops.

Let’s hope so, let’s hope there is still a little justice left in America

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by steve4102

Will be for those cops.

The four cops are now being investigated criminally.
I suspect at least two will see the insides of a jail cell for a good while.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
elect democrats and get these kind of cops

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Didn't read all the "funny" comments, but my 84 year old mother has dementia and if I saw 2 cops doing that to her for any god damn reason they would be missing some teeth and I'd be in jail.............or shot.... [bleep]!!!!!!!

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rickt300

Uhhh,,,Paul.

What's on Old Toot's agenda today?

Flail your arms and tell everybody how Jewish you are?

LOL

Naww.
Just to keep the good folks here mindful of your being a drunkard, hiding behind walls, wearing a diaper on your face and playing with sock puppets.

That is all.

Once more for you, Flave.

Are you flailing your arms?

Nahh.
Just pecking on a keyboard, Bro.

All is well, fixing to head down to the fishing camp I recently bought. Gonna do a little mowing and trimming and work on the boat house.

Life is good.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Who allowed a 73 year old woman with dementia to walk down the street and to go into WalMart by herself? Isn't her loving family responsible for her?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by steve4102

Will be for those cops.

The four cops are now being investigated criminally.
I suspect at least two will see the insides of a jail cell for a good while.

Be interesting to see how this one turns out, AS.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,936 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,354
Posts18,468,882
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.