Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've always been a member, I'd just do the 5 year deals.

I'll need to renew next year. I've pretty much decided to drop the membership altogether and join GOA instead of just donating to them.

The last time I renewed with NRA my main reason was to keep my HP rifle classifications in effect. Those days are gone now.

Any reason at all to send them any more money?

Its kind of like seeing an old friend vote democrat....

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Our Gun Club use to require NRA membership. Bylaws are up for vote this year, to remove that requirement.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I saw the ways of the NRA back in the 90's.....they don't get any of my money.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My gun club requires it. I think the rule should be expanded to include options of other worthy organizations.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

WLP has destroyed the NRA

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blindshooter

Well, yeah..Wayne LaPierre might need a new silk suit.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’ve been a Life Member since the ‘80s when I got a deal for military members. I won’t send a dime until WLP is way gone.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm a Lifer. Can't quit. If I were still an annual, I would, though. The current NRA needs to completely disappear before a new one can be built, I am convinced.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Blindshooter: I attended the local N.R.A. Banquet a few days ago (on April 24th) and sat at an expensive sponsors table with several close friends.
I did so with mixed emotions!
The recent behavior of those at the top of the N.R.A. has me miffed to the max!
I am an N.R.A. Life "Endowment" member and have been a life member for well over half a century now (55 years to be exact!).
I have withheld my direct cash donations for over two years now and only attended this latest banquet as most of the monies garnered there goes to local N.R.A. projects and programs.
Bottom line the N.R.A. is led by bastards nowadays but they are our bastards and they still do a slight amount of good in the way of fighting the anti-Second Amendment demonrats.
So yeah, still a FEW reasons to support the N.R.A. but not as many as just 10 - 20 years ago!
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by blindshooter

Well, yeah..Wayne LaPierre might need a new silk suit.

Or some marksmanship training . whistle

If I wasn't already a life member I would be very conflicted about renewing. Wayne needs to go as does most of the BOD I suspect.
The NRA needs to be reformed, not dismantled. I am afraid Wayne will take the whole organization down before he does the right thing and resigns.
My money will only be going to the 2nd Amendment Foundation and GOA

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
RockyRaab: I think you are wrong on being able to cease (quit!) your life membership in the N.R.A.
I know three Federal agents who quit the N.R.A. back when Waco went down!
In fact I Hunted with two of those now retired Federal agents just yesterday and headed for brunch with them today - I will get details on the procedure to do so, today, if you wish?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I quit last year! They asked why, told them when Wayne was gone I'd come back!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by WAM
I’ve been a Life Member since the ‘80s when I got a deal for military members. I won’t send a dime until WLP is way gone.

I'm in the same category - but I'll support the local banquet events hosted by long-time friends that I have ties with.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Our clubs liability insurance is through NRA membership.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Was re-readimg Wayne's latest "request" for yet more money again last night, and finally decided enough is enough. Will to contribute to paying his salary anymore!

Mike Holmes

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Our clubs liability insurance is through NRA membership.

Might want to start looking elsewhere

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
RockyRaab: I think you are wrong on being able to cease (quit!) your life membership in the N.R.A.
In fact I Hunted with two of those now retired Federal agents just yesterday and headed for brunch with them today - I will get details on the procedure to do so, today, if you wish?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I think you are right that you can quit a life member ship. George Bush senior did if I remember correctly. I guess I don't see the reason though unless someone just wants to make a statement. Maybe it would send a message to get them to make some changes. I too am a life member. My gun club also requires an NRA membership. I have no desire to revoke my membership though. I will just not send any more money until they make changes to right their ship. If and when they do, I will still be considered a member.

3825 24336
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I quit NRA in the early 90s. Too many fat cats padding their pockets at my expense. Wayne LaPierre is the WORST. Fancy suits, trips all over the world... NOT on my dime any more. Get rid of him and I may think of joining again.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Your buddies should have resigned from their positions from the Gov't back then VG. Wayne L was right when he called them all jackbooted thugs , they worked for the Clinton's and Janet Reno they were jackbooted thugs ugly though it be they were. You can work for the Federal Government but working against the American people and the United States does not exonerate you if you take orders and follow through with jackbooted tactics like Waco and Ruby ridge. WLP was right then but has been a crook since. When Ollie North left and Chris Cox from the ILA nra division there was a reason, they saw the rat in LaPierre and left. Mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 04/29/21.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I got a lifetime membership when I was young, I think it was a few hundred dollars. Otherwise I would have stopped donating years ago. They've lost the plot. I did long ago stop the magazine subscription so they could save a little coin.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (10Glocks, 300jimmy, 41rem, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 1,367 guests, and 835 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,446
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.