Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
RockyRaab: I think you are wrong on being able to cease (quit!) your life membership in the N.R.A.
I know three Federal agents who quit the N.R.A. back when Waco went down!
In fact I Hunted with two of those now retired Federal agents just yesterday and headed for brunch with them today - I will get details on the procedure to do so, today, if you wish?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Your buddies should have resigned from their positions from the Gov't back then VG. Wayne L was right when he called them all jackbooted thugs , they worked for the Clinton's and Janet Reno they were jackbooted thugs ugly though it be they were. You can work for the Federal Government but working against the American people and the United States does not exonerate you if you take orders and follow through with jackbooted tactics like Waco and Ruby ridge. WLP was right then but has been a crook since. When Ollie North left and Chris Cox from the ILA nra division there was a reason, they saw the rat in LaPierre and left. Mb

Waco was a clusterfluck of epic proportions. They managed to kill 25 children because they wanted a photo op but ended up in a firefight.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
This thread is coincidental as I signed on just now to relate my utter disappointment in the NRA. I am a life member. My gun club currently requires NRA membership for their membership. I joined Gun Owners of America recently. I have had e-mails daily during the Texas legislature session keeping me very informed on the business at hand. It caused me to wonder why on earth I never received such pertinent information as an NRA member. Of course, we now know why.

My last NRA solicitation was a query for donation ostensibly to support some cause. I told them to get WLP to sell one of his houses.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
SAF. I will not fund WLP's safaris anymore.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
The harbor freight coupons in the magazine are nice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, join GOA

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I actually got called by the NRA yesterday!

They needed more $$, of course.

I reiterated that while I was still a member from membership paid long ago, that I was not interested in giving them more $$ as long as WLP was still associated with them.

Then the lady went into a spiel about how I could do this, or do that, for only $25 per month.

I told her that if they'd get rid of WLP, I'd pay cash on the barrelhead. I'd give them a $1000 the day they fire him.

Also told her that any extra money I have had the past couple of years was going to the GOA.... Then asked her what she thought the chances were of me writing them a $1000 check?

She thanked me for my time, and hung up.

Guess my $$ is safe for awhile. They have no intention of getting rid of WLP.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
The only way for NRA to reform is there to be no real money available for the board to enrich themselves. Then you'll get people who actually care.

Gun Owners of America is the best nationally. Don't forget your state and locals. State is probably most important these days.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
How many of you are members of GOA? Do they abuse your inbox? I've sent them coin as donations but not a membership yet.

I want to send my money where it will most effective.

Lately SAF has gotten what would have been bucks for WP's new houses.

Don't need NRA membership at any of the places I shoot now.

Been a member since 1973, never did NRA life membership as I thought I'd be sending them money anyway.

I've been slack on supporting my state association since I quit HP Rifle. I'll remedy that as well.

Last edited by blindshooter; 04/29/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

WLP has destroyed the NRA
THIS!!!

Personally, I think the best thing anyone could do is drop their membership and specifically state WLP as the reason. At some point they'll get the hint.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I quit the NRA and joined GFY! (Guns For You)

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Glad I’m not a member of a gun club. They make you all take turns mowing the grass and snaking out the septic field line too??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I support the mission and think there are a lot of well-intended folks within the organization.
But people don't quit companies or organizations – they quit people.

I don't think it's limited only to Wayne LaPierre - the rest of the executive team can go too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not one thin dime until LaPew resigns. Or that's was I've told the contractor monkeys that have called during their intense fund-raising ops. For some reason I haven't gotten a call from them for a few months and any mail goes into the woodstove or firepit. Same with mail from the swamp-dwelling RNC scum.

I joined GOA last year. I like the they organize and execute better. Plus they don't capitulate on some issues like the NRA. They are straight across the board "No Compromise". I sang praises of the Second Amendment Foundation on another thread. They deserve our support too.

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
RockyRaab: I think you are wrong on being able to cease (quit!) your life membership in the N.R.A.
I know three Federal agents who quit the N.R.A. back when Waco went down!
In fact I Hunted with two of those now retired Federal agents just yesterday and headed for brunch with them today - I will get details on the procedure to do so, today, if you wish?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Cavorting with the enemy I see. If they quit the NRA over Waco, then they were clearly on the wrong side of that one.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Life Member for a long, long time - and donated in additional level categories over time. I have not donated anything additional for quite a while now, but am still holding hope for excellent reforms and regained effectiveness.

I think much like SKane above.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Wayne L was right when he called them all jackbooted thugs Mb

He just copycatted Dingle...

"If I were to select a jack-booted group of fascists who are perhaps as large a danger to American society as I could pick today, I would pick BATF [the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms]."
-- U.S. Representative John Dingell, 1980

Wayne has never had an original thought, he and Harry Reid are big buds...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by dassa
The harbor freight coupons in the magazine are nice.

Get the Harbor Freight app, don't need the magazine.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wayne will be gone soon, maybe not voluntarily. Keep up the pressure and don't renounce your life member status. Colonel West could become CEO.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Please someone in Alaska go check on watch4bear. He has either had an epiphany concerning the NRA or he is dead. I can't go to Alaska right now and anyway I don't know who he is. I've been worried sick. If we could get him pointed toward saving the NRA with as much dedication as he had toward saving Wayne he could be a big help. He may just be hiding out because he's embarrassed.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I recently renewed my membership ONLY because I need to retain my RSO and Rifle Instructor certifications to participate in certain gun club functions and events. It hurt to renew, but I had no choice if I wanted to use those certifications.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings
Wayne will be gone soon, maybe not voluntarily. Keep up the pressure and don't renounce your life member status. Colonel West could become CEO.

THIS!

Keep your life membership so you still have a voice if and when a leadership change happens.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,772 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,642
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.