Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I guess with 22 posts I’m a very lazy troll. I assure you that I am not an anti gun Liberal. I seldom post unless a complete moron irks me as you have Saladrifle..

If you believe that the RCMP, CSIS, CBSA, JTF2 or any other Canadian government department has the resources or technology to verify every customer entering a gun shop then you have much larger issues that cannot be dealt with in this forum. I suggest you seek professional help. Live in your paranoid delusional world and stop vilifying hard working small business people trying to keep their employees safe in trying times.

By the way have you purchased that Taylor and Company rifle yet, I’d love to see pictures of it. That would be a wonderful addition to a collection for those as well off as you.

Wonderful chatting again with you,
Nick

GB1

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

The distinction between being photographed casually and randomly by security cameras in any private business, and being forced to have to submit a close-up mug shot should be obvious to all Canadians.

I know of no gun shop other than P&D that requires it.

After all, they ask that you to:

1) Stand in front of an eye-level wall-mounted camera that is only 3 feet away.
2) Remove your medical mask that is required by law in Edmonton while in businesses.
3) Pose for the camera while it records your face in high-definition.
4) Allow that photograph to be loaded into a data-base that tracks when you visit their store and how often that you visited.

Otherwise, you can't shop there and buy a damn thing, whether that thing requires a PAL or not.

Certainly Cabelas and Bass Pro does not require it.
Certainly the larger and smaller gun shops in Alberta do not require it.

Only P&D requires it.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Simple solution, take your business where the rules or lack there of suit you. Easy peasy, no whining on the internet required.

I have taken my business elsewhere.

And, I have every right to discuss my concerns on an open forum. It's a free country.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Even liberals who want to impose even more draconian regulations on law-abiding gun owners.

Last edited by saddlegun; 05/01/21.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Nick1899
I guess with 22 posts I’m a very lazy troll. I assure you that I am not an anti gun Liberal. I seldom post unless a complete moron irks me as you have Saladrifle..

If you believe that the RCMP, CSIS, CBSA, JTF2 or any other Canadian government department has the resources or technology to verify every customer entering a gun shop then you have much larger issues that cannot be dealt with in this forum. I suggest you seek professional help. Live in your paranoid delusional world and stop vilifying hard working small business people trying to keep their employees safe in trying times.

By the way have you purchased that Taylor and Company rifle yet, I’d love to see pictures of it. That would be a wonderful addition to a collection for those as well off as you.

Wonderful chatting again with you,
Nick

It is interesting that you respond with a childish and desperate tirade of insults and unfounded accusations when someone has the audacity to disagree with you.

This IS, after all, what trolls do.

You call me a moron, question my sanity, call me delusional and paranoid, and accuse me of villifying small businesses, when you know that this is absolutely untrue.

After all, I was a customer with P&D for many years, beginning the first month that they opened. I still believe that they have a fine gun shop, and I have been satisfied with every purchase that I made there. And, I have been satisfied always with their customer service.

However, I do very strongly take exception to their mug shot requirements, and I can not in good conscience shop there any longer.

Furthermore, you know as well as I do that police can easily use the same biometric data that they use when creating driver's licenses and provincial I.D. cards to easily identify anyone from a close-up high definition photo.

I certainly am not saying that they WILL attempt to identify every customer that enters P&D.
But the in-house data-base would permit them to identify a visitor there if they wished to, and when they visited, and how many times they visited.

Congratulations on your 23rd post. Even if you may be a troll.

As for the rifle, yes it is nice to be able to afford the finer things in life.

Last edited by saddlegun; 05/01/21.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good to hear that you've taken your business elsewhere, it's the owner's shop what makes you think you get to make the rules ?

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Good to hear that you've taken your business elsewhere, it's the owner's shop what makes you think you get to make the rules ?

Their store. Their rules. They can do as they please

My money. My rules. I can boycott them and say why.

It is a free country and if I find those rules repugnant then I have every right to say so.

If a United States gun shop attempted to do such a thing, they would be universally condemned and boycotted, and doomed to rapid bankruptcy. You know that.

Our freedom loving American friends would absolutely not submit to being forced to submit to mug shots in order to just buy a few targets or a bottle of Hoppe's #9.

Any gun shop that tried this would be condemned as "left wing liberals" and communists".

But some Canadians are different I guess.

Some Canadians will accept anything and do anything without question, and meekly submit to any draconian demands. I believe that these sheeple are the reason that we as Canadians have the very unfair and restrictive gun laws that we do.

You have made it clear that you support submitting to posing for mug shots taken from 3 feet away with an eye-level wall-mounted high definition camera, and having these photos stored in the store's data-base.

Therefore, I can only suggest that you are a sheeple, a left wing liberal, or perhaps even a communist.

Why else would you endorse this?

Last edited by saddlegun; 05/02/21.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems like they are playing on the uniqueness of jumping through this hoop to reinforce customer loyalty.

doesn’t make me a left wing liberal sheeple.

Fits right in with the Tactical / Security mindset.
They do have a significant inventory of restricted & prohibited.

I don’t have a prohibited license, so it does seem excessive. And intrusive.
Offensive even to the casual customer.

Has their door cam mugshot database been hacked ?

Last edited by 338Rules; 05/02/21. Reason: Clarity & Ease of Reading

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty much any hunting&shooting forum in Canada will have several posters such as this one. usually its more than one poster using the same username.
My guess is paid troll, "united front" type.

Tell tale sign of a internet Communist/antifa type.......they think and say its a free Country...its a free World.....no it isn't free and only a dumbphuck would think it is so.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
673 - Exactly my thoughts, too much labelling of anyone with a differing viewpoint. Trollism

We should be talking about Bill Blair’s Prohibition !
That riles me up !

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 673
Pretty much any hunting&shooting forum in Canada will have several posters such as this one. usually its more than one poster using the same username.
My guess is paid troll, "united front" type.

Tell tale sign of a internet Communist/antifa type.......they think and say its a free Country...its a free World.....no it isn't free and only a dumbphuck would think it is so.

Wow! You are delusional.

You make up unfounded conspiracy theories to defame the OP, discredit the OP, and deflect from the issue. What your true agenda is, who can say?

Perhaps you are simply ticked off that your buddies at P&D are under the microscope for their mandatory mug shot requirement.

What I do know is that Trudeau would love what P&D is doing.

Requiring customers to submit mug shots before they can enter a gun shop and buy anything?

"What a great idea!" he would say.
"We could create a new bill and call it:
"The Pre-Identification For Safer Gun Sales Act".

Why on earth would any gun owner support such a thing?

And, since you are opposed to a free country and freedom of speech, what does that say about you?

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 338Rules
673 - Exactly my thoughts, too much labelling of anyone with a differing viewpoint. Trollism

We should be talking about Bill Blair’s Prohibition !
That riles me up !

That differing viewpoint is that:

We should all, before entering a gun shop:

1) Pose three feet away from a high definition camera mounted at eye-level.
2) Allow your full face to be recorded and entered into the gun shop's mug shot database.
3) Record another mug shot every time that you enter this gun shop.
4) Do this even if you simply wish to buy targets, gun cases, plastic ammo boxes, cleaning supplies, and anything else in the shop that does not require a PAL.

Would our American friends submit to this willingly and without complaint?

HELL NO!

They would loudly complain and boycott this gun shop and it would go out of business.

And we all know this.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Frankly I am amazed that some Canadians support the P&D mug shot policy.
No other gun shop is doing this. They alone are doing this.

I have been a gun owner and a shooter for 50 years, and I have seen so much draconian
legislation passed into law to limit the rights and freedoms of law-abiding gun owners in Canada that it makes me ill.

So when a gun shop now wants to jump on that liberal party band wagon and demands that their customers submit to an in-store mug shot data base, I find it repugnant.

These are the customers who have supported them loyally through the years.
They are their bread and butter. Their livelihood.
They do not deserve to be treated like criminals.

I bought guns on "Gun Row" as it was called since the 1980s, when there were several gun shops on that street.

Klondike Arms, The Custom Gun Shop, Lock & Load, Kearns & McMurchy, and finally the last one, P&D.

Over a forty year period I bought a lot from those shops, including P&D.

I was always liked P&D. They have an excellent inventory and I have always been happy with their customer service.

However, I can not and will not, in good conscience, submit meekly to providing a mug shot for their data-base each and every time that I enter their store to spend my money.

I will never buy anything from them again as long as this data-base remains in operation.

If you don't like that, T.S.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 44automag, 348srfun, 31 invisible), 2,004 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.