Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=urbaneruralite]The only way for NRA to reform is there to be no real money available for the board to enrich themselves. Then you'll get people who actually care.

this is what needs to happen to every public office !!! the enrichments are the reason the USA is in the flipping mess we are in now!

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NRA has been around a long time. We need to make sure we still have it. Wayne want be here forever. The NRA will make sure my great grand children still have second amendment rights.

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The magazine

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular

We need to rid the board of celebrities.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MarcH
I recently renewed my membership ONLY because I need to retain my RSO and Rifle Instructor certifications to participate in certain gun club functions and events. It hurt to renew, but I had no choice if I wanted to use those certifications.

Chit, forgot about the RSO and instructor certs. Not that I'm using them now.

Don't use them anywhere now but might later.
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Originally Posted by Hastings
Wayne will be gone soon, maybe not voluntarily. Keep up the pressure and don't renounce your life member status. Colonel West could become CEO.

THIS!

Keep your life membership so you still have a voice if and when a leadership change happens.

Maybe I'll just re-up for another year.

After 5 consecutive years you can vote on the directors. I was so disgusted the last election I threw the ballot away. It appears WP and company have it pretty much rigged?

IC B2

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My gun club requires that all members also be a member of the NRA so we can get cheap insurance.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm in the third year of a three year renewal. They ask for money more often than the church. I've been steering my funds to the GOA for a few years now. I don't know what the NRA even does anymore.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have a Life membership. Our club currently requires NRA membership. My attitude is this: It's not costing me anything to stay on board. Regardless of what's going on/has been going on, it is the largest gun rights organization out there. I will push for and hope for a change. When (if) that transpires, I will again provide regular financial and other support.

I sure don't like the way things are going in this country now, but I'm not about to renounce my citizenship or give up voting. I will continue to push in every way I can for a change for the better.

Mathew 22: 37-39

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by blindshooter
How many of you are members of GOA? Do they abuse your inbox? I've sent them coin as donations but not a membership yet.

I want to send my money where it will most effective.

Lately SAF has gotten what would have been bucks for WP's new houses.

Don't need NRA membership at any of the places I shoot now.

Been a member since 1973, never did NRA life membership as I thought I'd be sending them money anyway.

I've been slack on supporting my state association since I quit HP Rifle. I'll remedy that as well.

No , GOA doesn’t abuse your inbox. Most of their emails are about proposed legislation to keep you informed and asking you to call and email your representatives. Yes they do send some mail and emails asking for money but it has been nothing like the NRA. I like the steady updates on what is going on in the legislature.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm a long time, long paid up member, but I dang sure don't send them money these days

Sam......

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Blindshooter: I attended the local N.R.A. Banquet a few days ago (on April 24th) and sat at an expensive sponsors table with several close friends.
I did so with mixed emotions!
The recent behavior of those at the top of the N.R.A. has me miffed to the max!
I am an N.R.A. Life "Endowment" member and have been a life member for well over half a century now (55 years to be exact!).
I have withheld my direct cash donations for over two years now and only attended this latest banquet as most of the monies garnered there goes to local N.R.A. projects and programs.
Bottom line the N.R.A. is led by bastards nowadays but they are our bastards and they still do a slight amount of good in the way of fighting the anti-Second Amendment demonrats.
So yeah, still a FEW reasons to support the N.R.A. but not as many as just 10 - 20 years ago!
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Hey VaintGuy,

You were most likely at a Friends of NRA banquet. The lion’s share of the funds raised goes to fund youth shooting sports. I’m glad you attended! I’m the Chairman of our local Friends chapter, and I can assure you of the work and dedication that goes into those events.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
Glad I’m not a member of a gun club. They make you all take turns mowing the grass and snaking out the septic field line too??

Don't have to take turns, but everyone is required to put in two work days a year or pay a $90/day penalty. Every Wednesday is range maintenance day so you can get in your work days then. Also, most Fridays and Saturdays there's set up for one or more Saturday and Sunday events. Another opportunity to meet your work day quota. For that, we have a great shooting facility for all kinds of pistol and rifle stuff. It's clean, well-maintained, none of the azzwholes or rules you get with public ranges...shoot full-auto if you want to. Lots of good, like-minded people to hang out and shoot with. I'm real glad I belong to this gun club. It's a whole lot nicer facility than I had when I was shooting on my own place.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the NRA vanishes the commies have won.

Keep your memberships, but don't donate until we squeeze WLP out and point it the Right direction. It would be a shame to lose the NRA and their traditions.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I'm a Lifer. Can't quit. If I were still an annual, I would, though. The current NRA needs to completely disappear before a new one can be built, I am convinced.

I've belonged since I was 16 years old, To quit them was a tough thing but it's the only way for it to be a viable organization again.

Any monies now go to the SAF.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hastings
Please someone in Alaska go check on watch4bear. He has either had an epiphany concerning the NRA or he is dead. I can't go to Alaska right now and anyway I don't know who he is. I've been worried sick. If we could get him pointed toward saving the NRA with as much dedication as he had toward saving Wayne he could be a big help. He may just be hiding out because he's embarrassed.

I doubt W4B is hiding out, he's much too outspoken. And as much of a dickhead as he is I hope he is okay. Truthfully can't stand the MFer lol. But I don't know him personally and I'd bet he's okay one on one.

Anyway, fugg the NRA till they get rid of Wayne...... and that's what I've told them every time I get a call from them.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I just went to the NRA website and used the "Contact Us" feature to leave this message. I doubt it will do any good, but it stands a better chance than us lamenting here over the sorry state of the once great organization.

I am writing you today to request that you cancel my membership. I can no longer in good conscience allow myself to be counted among your members. I have lost all faith in the leadership of the NRA and in Wayne LaPierre in particular. In fact, an alarming number of your members feel just as I do. Don't take my word for it, you can read more about it here. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...9110/all/any-reason-to-remain-nra-member These are some of the most passionate gun enthusiasts you'll find anywhere, and they are almost all as disgusted as I am.

When Wayne has the decency to step down or when the organization has the fortitude to dismiss him, I'll rejoin immediately.

Sincerely,
Paul Barnard
Member 226866921

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 04/29/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NRA needs to stay, Wayne La Pierre and the Pierreites need to GTFO. I'm keeping my membership and every solicitation gets a "not one penny until WLP resigns" note on the "donation form."

That elephant video shows what a suit that guy is. Not one of us, never really was. Go away, leave us the organization WE support.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I just went to the NRA website and used the "Contact Us" feature to leave this message. I doubt it will do any good, but it stands a better chance than us lamenting here over the sorry state of the once great organization.

I am writing you today to request that you cancel my membership. I can no longer in good conscience allow myself to be counted among your members. I have lost all faith in the leadership of the NRA and in Wayne LaPierre in particular. In fact, an alarming number of your members feel just as I do. Don't take my word for it, you can read more about it here. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...9110/all/any-reason-to-remain-nra-member These are some of the most passionate gun enthusiasts you'll find anywhere, and they are almost all as disgusted as I am.

When Wayne has the decency to step down or when the organization has the fortitude to dismiss him, I'll rejoin immediately.

Sincerely,
Paul Barnard
Member 226866921

LOL

Every time they've called me in the last couple of years I've told them the same thing "As soon as Wayne is gone I'll give some money."

You're writing is no different and I'm betting it will carry as much weight as my words. I joined the GOA a few months ago, Fugg the NRA

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by luv2safari
If the NRA vanishes the commies have won.

Keep your memberships, but don't donate until we squeeze WLP out and point it the Right direction. It would be a shame to lose the NRA and their traditions.

This.

But righting the ship seems practically impossible at this point.
Time will tell.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Why is WLP still there? The board must be brainwashed.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
669 members (16Racing, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 75 invisible), 2,653 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,612
Posts18,398,407
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.