Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by viking
Chevy, the heart be of America, lol. Like a rock. I’ll buy Toyota.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp 7203. Toyota will shift production of the Sequoia in 2022 to Texas and that plant will end production of the Tacoma by late 2021. ... Toyota has been building Tacoma trucks at its Baja California plant in Mexico since 2004.Jan 17, 2020

As part of a restructuring effort to better align its plants, products, and platforms, Toyota will cease Texas-based production of the mid-size Tacoma in late 2021, moving all production efforts for the mid-size truck down to two facilities in Mexico.

BP-B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Tundra here, still a better truck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Uh-oh! Now you've done it. Got some members gonna be all over you because you're not supporting Obama.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
My 2018 Dodge diesel was made in Mexico. Do they make anything in Detroit?? Them union car builders priced themselves out of jobs.

Last edited by hanco; 04/30/21.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I don't know how much of my 2017 Ram was made in Mexico but the springs were for sure. Rebuilt one Cummins and the connecting rods were made in Brazil and so marked.
Theoretically, if mexicans have good jobs and living conditions, they won't be tempted to move to north. Trouble is, they, like so many others, refuse to accept birth control as being of any value and their country is over populated too. GD

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My 2019 Chevy Colorado has a sticker on it that says "Assembled With Pride in Wentzville, Missouri." I can't vouch for where all the parts came from for that assembly though.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yup, traded my 2011 made in Mexico Silverado for a 2013 Tundra made in Texas. Wasn't real happy with Toyota's options at the time, like no built in brake controller with the towing package, but it's a much better truck, imho.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp 7203. Toyota will shift production of the Sequoia in 2022 to Texas and that plant will end production of the Tacoma by late 2021. ... Toyota has been building Tacoma trucks at its Baja California plant in Mexico since 2004.Jan 17, 2020

As part of a restructuring effort to better align its plants, products, and platforms, Toyota will cease Texas-based production of the mid-size Tacoma in late 2021, moving all production efforts for the mid-size truck down to two facilities in Mexico.

And Toyota did rip off the tax payers ike GM union members

https://time.com/82953/general-motors-bailout-cost-taxpayers-11-2-billion/

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Unions are necessary to protect the hard working American worker. Ask a drunk brain washed union member at his job site . They'll educate you on this true fact

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

And Toyota did rip off the tax payers ike GM union members

https://time.com/82953/general-motors-bailout-cost-taxpayers-11-2-billion/

Nothing screams Patriotism like a Trans Gender from Idaho cruising Martini Bar parking lots in a Toyota truck.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by hanco
My 2018 Dodge diesel was made in Mexico. Do they make anything in Detroit?? Them union car builders priced themselves out of jobs.

Remember that old ad campaign that said imported from Detroit. It didn't make sense to me until I spent some time in Detroit. Makes me think of the Trump s-hole countries comment.

Bb

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Last truck I bought new in 2018, the Toyota Tundra was in the same price range as Ford and GM. Same thing when I bought a Buick SUV last year compared to Toyota and Nissan. Wonder how come?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

The average wages for a non skilled worker (line worker) in the UAW is approximately $60,000 per year. The salary of the CEO'S of the big 3 range from roughly $14.5 million to $21.5 million. Pretty sure the blame can't be placed solely on UAW members. Unless of course you all think that the salaries of the CEO's aren't included in the price of a vehicle.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
In Greer SC is the huge BMW plant. Every BMW SUV in North America is made there. Non union of course.
But half of that car is made in Mexico. I spent 8 years driving for a trucking company and all we did was go back and forth from Greer to Laredo. Tail light assemblies, cast aluminum wheels, even transmissions hecho en Mexico.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back around 2010 had a GMC Sierra I was going to trade on a new one. Every Sierra on the lot was made in Mexico. Bought a Silverado, instead. Most of my Chevy trucks have been made in Indiana. One back in the late 60s, was made in Canada. None from Mexico, so far? Ain't much made here that doesn't have lots of foreign parts these days.

Once saw a small Pontiac SUV on the lot (2007?). Window sticker said engine/transmission made in USA, car assembled in China.

Had two Dodge trucks, don't want another one. Although I know a few guys that loved Tundras for awhile, but now drive RAMs, since they get much better fuel mileage than their Tundras did. Several of those new RAMs were hecho en Mexico.

Fords? Most of my farmer kin have been driving Ford trucks since the 60s. They kept on buying them, despite the rust and other issues thru the 70s and 80s. They all live in the northern parts of PA, where road salt is tough on steel. Doubt aluminum will be much better, as it corrodes.

Buy whatcha wanta buy. Doesn't bother me.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prouduction of parts on the scale necessary to support the auto industry is a dirty industry. Think casting iron and aluminum, moulding plastic parts, stamping steel and aluminum body parts, making tires, machining parts, etc. Government regulation has driven a lot of this production to third world countries. I would not think assembly of those parts is a particularly dirty industry.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
It really wasn't a thread I started about were vehicles were made but more about pointing out Trump was doing everything he could to bring back manufacturering to the good ole U.S.A and the Democraps do everything to ship jobs everywhere but the U.S.A.
Thes union members need to take back there unions.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
General Motors is on a glide slope to their own demise.

Nothing can be done about it.

Much like the NRA.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The 2020 election cycle was the first in decades that saw the big three auto makers put all their cash into a Democrat.

Presumably to stave off efforts to force manufacturing jobs to return to the US.

Looks like it worked.

I am MAGA.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Good
Meskin
Car.

Chevy is now pronounced Chebby.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
642 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 71 invisible), 2,966 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.