Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Has anyone seen a drastic increase in accuracy by doing this ?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Things have to be terribly wrong to see a drastic improvement from bedding. Typically be due to bind or screw contact. Bedding is more of a .2" improvement expectation but maintain consistency. Rare that it is the miracle cure.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It all depends. If you remove the action and replace it and the screws detect spring when you are tightening them, your action may be in a bind. Bedding would not be a bad thing if you had that issue. I would be surprised to see a Bergara tweaked but a Remington or a Savage all day long.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Stilllearning
Has anyone seen a drastic increase in accuracy by doing this ?

Stilllearning, if you want consistent accuracy you should glass bed your rifle. Even if it's a skim bed. I've seen every rifle I've glass bedded improve in consistent accuracy/precision. Those that say it doesn't, don't know how to properly glass bed a rifle. The funny thing about glass bedding is it is very simple to do and worth every penny and minute it takes to do it. I've never glass bedded a Bergara, but If I owed one, it sure as heck would get glass bedded. I don't want the action to be in a bind because that has an adverse affect on accuracy. Neutral bed that action in the stock, so there is no torque on the receiver and good things will happen. Some guys will try to steer you wrong, as I see some statements like it is only good for a ".2 improvement". That kind of bullchidt makes me laugh. They obviously don't shoot for precision. A lot of guys don't and shouldn't be commenting on things they know nothing about. I've cut groups in half with a good glass bedding job, but that also depends on the platform you are working with. Some rifles are more inherently accurate right out of the box than others. Bergara is known for accuracy, but if you are getting odd flyers and inconsistent accuracy, glass bedding is the first place I'd start. That is the foundation of the rifle and it needs to be solid.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,080
Posts18,463,886
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.