Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
ledvm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
For instance .308 165 gr Accubonds...why would they take so long for those to get back in stock???

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because they are producing more popular sellers.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
S
It seems like Nosler makes infrequent drops across websites. Midway and Gunzonedeals occasionally will get Partitions, E tips and ballistic tips in 7mm. Midway has doubled their sale price but GZD is hanging in there at normal rates.

Supplies are returning. I’ve gotten primers multiple times in the last month, SPP and SRMag. Just look hard and often.

For what it’s worth, I have shopped Accubonds and haven’t seen them in a while, though. I assume they’re keeping them reserved for loaded ammo.

ledvm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am ready for some normalcy! Decide you want something...go buy it. I was prepared...got plenty of the staples. Sometimes I change my plan though!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I think the biggest problem is that they are playing catch up with fewer staff as well as when they do have shipments go out, they are sent nation wide so fewer items show up and they are bought quickly at the consumer level. I have been seeing primers trickle in but as of late have not noticed any powder hitting the shelves. I know alot of the stuff I want is made in canada or elsewhere.

NRA Endowment Member
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Cork suckers using Covid as an excuse. Hopefully when that all blows over we will start to see more powder, primers and bullets in stock. Lately I'm seeing more powder. Just bought 5 pounds of X-terminator today and almost bought some Big game powder as well, but I already have 6 pounds of it at home, so I passed. Price was $35.00/pound and there was a big supply at that store. I also just got back from a LGS about an hour ago with some 10mm 155gr Hornady XTP bullets. I was glad to see some bullets on the shelves again, so slowly but surely, it looks like maybe we will see some stuff hit the shelves..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Not while democrats run the WH. There can never be a comfort level again, this batch has awakened the populous.
I am seeing absolutely nothing in my local LGS's. Haven't seen any reloading items for over 9 months.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm seeing some ammo, but at prices affordable by only the top 1%. Did notice that two bricks of 22LR priced at $114.00 had disappeared. I see normal returning only after the Repubs gain control of one sector or another of our federal government.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys are dreaming. Besides the political thing which comes and goes, we have been hit with an event much like a war or a depression . The new normal will be a different landscape. The manufactures have a new profit structure . Get use to it, It's not just reloading components, it's things like RV parts. Prices never go down.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
You guys are dreaming. Besides the political thing which comes and goes, we have been hit with an event much like a war or a depression . The new normal will be a different landscape. The manufactures have a new profit structure . Get use to it, It's not just reloading components, it's things like RV parts. Prices never go down.

Hmm....

Once the shooters who didn't have enough on hand get enough (and forget this shortage like they did the last ones), and the supply-line produces and ships enough to counteract the folks who bought everything in sight to resell, then shelves and websites will refill.

This is what's happened with every previous "shortage," and will happen again--thanks to Adam Smith's "invisible hand of the marketplace." Components and ammo may be priced a little higher, but that's also part of the deal.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 1minute
I'm seeing some ammo, but at prices affordable by only the top 1%. Did notice that two bricks of 22LR priced at $114.00 had disappeared. I see normal returning only after the Repubs gain control of one sector or another of our federal government.

Keep an eye on stuff to show up at your local Bi-mart buddy. We had a big shipment of ammo this morning. 800 round packs of federal 22lr is $55.00. Also saw a bunch of 40S&W, 9MM and 45. Along with 7.62x39. 20 round packs for $6.50 and then there is some new manufacture I've never heard of with reloadable brass. That is $15/box, I believe. Also our Coastal farm and ranch had some large pistol primers. They were the Federal match primers and were $6.54/100. A little spendy, but it is a good sign that things may be turning around. As soon as this covid bullchidt goes away and people start returning to work, I'm sure that will help with supplies being in stock.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Search Result:

out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock out of Stock

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seafire, I hope that was only one item you were looking for, chuckle.

From an experience, I try to have two sets of dies for the calibers I reload. But the more odd ball ones aren't easily found at gunshows, which we haven't had for a couple of spring seasons now. So when my 338-06 gave me problems, I ordered and got another set. I felt like I was the guy that shot the last carrier pigeon (sp?) .

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Take a breath. I’ve bought a few bricks of good .22s recently at normal prices by looking a lot and NOT losing my self-control and buying at inflated ones. Same goes for some shotshells and even some .223. Unless you have an immediate pressing need, paying crazy prices is crazy.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Supplies will come back , slowly. But every day prices are going to be higher. You can see the price creep now.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Supplies will come back , slowly. But every day prices are going to be higher. You can see the price creep now. With fuel prices steadily climbing , that drives the price of everything else. What ever is grown , manufactured , or delivered to your local store is a effected by fuel price's. The cost of raw materials , going up. No lead smelters in the US anymore. All of our mined lead is shipped to Mexico , smelted ( EPA rules ) in Mexico , then hauled back to the US. That doesn't come cheap. Then there is copper. $$$. things are changing. Then there are the illegals flooding into the country, supported by the Biden administration, sucking up all the freebies they can get. Get yourself prepared.

Last edited by Hesp; 05/02/21.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Keep an eye on stuff to show up at your local Bi-mart buddy. We had a big shipment of ammo this morning. 800 round packs of federal 22lr is $55.00. Also saw a bunch of 40S&W, 9MM and 45. Along with 7.62x39. 20 round packs for $6.50 and then there is some new manufacture I've never heard of with reloadable brass. That is $15/box, I believe. Also our Coastal farm and ranch had some large pistol primers. They were the Federal match primers and were $6.54/100. A little spendy, but it is a good sign that things may be turning around. As soon as this covid bullchidt goes away and people start returning to work, I'm sure that will help with supplies being in stock.

Really miss bi-marts they always had a good/excellent reloading section.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Crazy to see 7mm RM selling at formerly .378 WBY prices ($100+ per box).

No thanks.

And I’m paying attention to the companies like Midway who are gouging right now. Will remember that in the future when I need to place more orders.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I found two pounds of IMR4895 locally yesterday. First of that I’ve seen in months. It was expensive, but you are about to see inflation that will make now “the good ole days”. It won’t be confined to shooting items either. Hell, go buy a sheet of plywood!

Last edited by gregintenn; 05/05/21.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

381 members (1lesfox, 10ring1, 160user, 06hunter59, 16penny, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 1,749 guests, and 936 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,178
Posts18,465,565
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.