Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Kurt52
[
Originally Posted by troutfly
Originally Posted by Lorne
Originally Posted by Switch
The folks in Canada are not to happy with the USA after Biden stopped the XL Pipeline. Canada had billions invested in this project and lost a great future income on thie deal. I think border will be closed to a LONG time!

Actually our idiot in charge was happy Biden did that . Took him off the hook

Having said that I , unfortunately , don't have a lot of optimism . Our government , especially at the federal level , has screwed up the handling of everything related to the Kung Flu ROYALLY

Exactly!!
I have a kid who as a pipe-liner would have benefited greatly from XL being approved. If Biden hadn't shut it down our dickwad in charge in Ottawa would have found a way.
There was no way it was ever going to be built. Nor is Trans Mountain going anywhere.
The border remaining closed has nothing to do with pipelines being built or not. It has plenty to do with negligence on the part of our Federal gov.
I want to travel to US as bad you guys want to head here to hunt. I want to hunt pheasants in SoDak this year. Plus, my Mom, Dad and brothers live in the US. I would love to see my elderly parents before it is too late.
Jeff

There is a fair bit of Transmountain pipe in the ground and covered up around here in BC. Appears the project is moving along. I agree with the rest of your post!

That is interesting. Good to hear it. No one mentions TM anymore so I figured it was gone.
Jeff

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They will F that up too..

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Wish your kid best of luck . Hopefully life will be back to normal soon and Alberta and ND oil will be essential to restart the economies. Im seeing at least a few Alberta and BC plates a day here in N ID

The folks in Canada are not to happy with the USA after Biden stopped the XL Pipeline. Canada had billions invested in this project and lost a great future income on thie deal. I think border will be closed to a LONG time!

Having said that I , unfortunately , don't have a lot of optimism . Our government , especially at the federal level , has screwed up the handling of everything related to the Kung Flu ROYALLY

Exactly!!
I have a kid who as a pipe-liner would have benefited greatly from XL being approved. If Biden hadn't shut it down our dickwad in charge in Ottawa would have found a way.
There was no way it was ever going to be built. Nor is Trans Mountain going anywhere.
The border remaining closed has nothing to do with pipelines being built or not. It has plenty to do with negligence on the part of our Federal gov.
I want to travel to US as bad you guys want to head here to hunt. I want to hunt pheasants in SoDak this year. Plus, my Mom, Dad and brothers live in the US. I would love to see my elderly parents before it is too late.
Jeff

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Alberta is going back under strict lockdowns, and people attending the protests are climbing. Spontaneous protests are happening almost daily now. Be an interesting summer for Albertans.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I saw that, looks like we’re fuucked another year. Such bs

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Judman

Alberta also just recorded its highest ever unemployment rate. Not hard to figure out why. My daughter lives there and she said there are more for sale signs on businesses than shes ever seen.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by Judman

Alberta also just recorded its highest ever unemployment rate. Not hard to figure out why. My daughter lives there and she said there are more for sale signs on businesses than shes ever seen.

Liberal objectives achieved. Destroy the middle class like Biden is doing in the US. What a shame, so many great hard working folks up in Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by country_20boy
A friend of mine mentioned last night that he may want to go back to Alberta in Sept and shoot ducks. Wants me to go with him and it sounds awesome as he had a great hunt 3 years ago.

What are the current travel restrictions in and out of Canada? I know that is a loaded question, but can anyone summarize it, so we can know if the trip is even feasible in 2021?

Thanks in advance.

OP - I watch this website, as it has been updated with the latest requirements for travel:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/services/covid/menu-eng.html

Biggest hurdle I see at the moment - after the border opening: mandatory 14 day quarantine, and you are supposed to file the plan before crossing the border.

It’s also not just getting into Canada - you have to plan for any restrictions placed on you - by traveling out of the US, and re-entry.

The requirements listed on the web link for entry have changed again in the past couple weeks, so I’d be planning that “the plan” will change up to day you travel.

Last edited by AH64guy; 05/08/21.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I saw on the news last night that even slimy Chuck Shumer is now telling Justin T. that the border needs to open soon. Apparently there are enough people in New York making noise now that he figures its in his best interest to get it opened up.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ribka

Wish your kid best of luck . Hopefully life will be back to normal soon and Alberta and ND oil will be essential to restart the economies. Im seeing at least a few Alberta and BC plates a day here in N ID

Exactly!!
Jeff

Thanks very much.
Jeff

IC B3

FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This is the most recent vaccination statistics that I was able to find. From the National post:

"In Florida, about 42 per cent of the population has had at least one dose of a vaccine; about 31 per cent are fully vaccinated. In Texas, 50 per cent have one dose, with 37 per cent fully vaccinated.
In contrast, Alberta has given one dose to 32 per cent of the population and just 6.8 per cent of people are fully vaccinated. In Ontario, about 38 per cent of the population has had one dose, and 2.7 per cent are fully vaccinated."

So don't assume that USA residents should be able to travel to Canada just because they don't perceive a problem form their local perspective. Infection rates in Canada are vey high at the moment, and we have to get more of the Canadian population vaccinated before that will change much.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm guessing it will be an 80% of Canadians fully vaccinated and a vaccine stamp on the passport.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why do they keep overlooking the organic protection for those that "survived" a case? It is absurd to get the vaccine for something you already survived. No one mentions that aspect, period.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Why do they keep overlooking the organic protection for those that "survived" a case? It is absurd to get the vaccine for something you already survived. No one mentions that aspect, period.

Quite true. Saw a doctor on a local news channel the other night that had covid about 8 months ago. He's been monitoring his antibodies, and more importantly his T-cells. His immunity to covid is now very high and according to the tests he's having done, has gotten stronger as time progressed. His advice is that anyone who has had covid, doesnt need the vaccine.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Of course they don't but nobody wants to hear this; especially not the big pharmaceutical companies. The other aspect of this is that a lot of those people who have little or no symptoms are people who have probably had a cold from a corona virus which is close enough to covid-19 to give them some immunity. There are so many possibilities and the only thing of which we can be sure is that we will only hear the truth those in control of the narrative want us to hear. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
People dont want to hear this either, but its been known for some time.

https://archive.is/Ahu3U

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was planning to leave quite a few USA dollars in Canada this year but that is out. Will fly over you folks and go to Alaska instead.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Hastings
I was planning to leave quite a few USA dollars in Canada this year but that is out. Will fly over you folks and go to Alaska instead.

Thats what a lot of Canadians dont seem to understand. Their great grandchildren will still be paying the bill for the billions covid has cost the taxpayer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would have been hunting in SE BC this fall, but not being able to make plans, that money is going elsewhere.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

262 members (2500HD, 163bc, 12344mag, 257 mag, 007FJ, 28 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,290
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.