Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If I were a forward observer and Ben Sasse and Warren Buffet were both in the same foxhole as I was, I’d call in an air strike on myself.

My sincere apologies to the rest of the country!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
YES ALWAYS THANK A LIBERAL FOR VOTING FOR BEIJING BIDEN ! BUTTHEADS !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
On 1/20/21 in western New Jersey, $2.05, yesterday, $2.91! .86 cents in 3 1/2 months roughly, I hear the price is going to go through the roof this summer! Thanks Joe!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The yearly rise will be a little steeper later this year.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Back to the good old days when the big o was in office.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
$3 a gallon would be a relief around here.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by greydog
So, a gallon of gas is roughly 1/8 of an hours pay for a construction worker. In the mid seventies, that was about what it was. Prior to that, I paid about 1/16 of an hour's pay for a gallon. The point is, inflation has hit hard in the last fifty years and the rate is exponential. Went to town last week and spent 90 dollars to fill up the pickup. 270 bucks worth of groceries didn't fill the shopping cart. Outrageous though it may be, the truth is, I'm in a situation where it's no real hardship. We still put money in savings and don't go without too much. We live somewhat frugally, compared to many, but we always have.
Let's face it, anyone who has four acres of lawn and a diesel powered mower to cut it with doesn't need a lot of sympathy if he spends twenty bucks on diesel to do the job!
The sad thing is, there is very little in the way of real value behind all these dollars. When some guy spends an hour pushing some papers around on his desk, produces absolutely nothing, then is rewarded with enough money to buy twenty five gallons of a tangible product, a product which can accomplish real work, there is something a little out of whack.
When fuel prices are high, I do my part to bring them down by traveling less and buying less fuel. If people won't pay the price, it will come down. Or, we can follow Joe's lead and simply borrow money to spend in any frivolous way we choose. GD

In a supply and demand driven economy you would be correct. As price rises, demand decreases until it reaches stabilization. We are not experiencing a supply vs demand economy. We are living in an economy driven by government policy and regulation where the outcome is predetermined. Human behavior is very predictable. If you do X, people will respond in a predictable manner. They are preparing us for fuel in excess of $5.00 a gallon this summer. What are your thoughts on the result they are trying to achieve?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
High energy prices helps the left switch over to green energy. They know they can't push it through when oil is cheap. They would drive the US economy into the dumpster to push the fanatic agenda.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Crude Oil Facts: Do you think Wall St speculators know this??????

Inventories are 34M bbls lower than at this time last year
Gasoline inventories are 25M bbls lower than at this time last year
Distillate inventories are 3.5M bbls lower than at this time last year
Crude oil production (USA) is 1.2M bbls per day lower than at this time last year
WTI was $43.50/bbl Jan 1, 2021
WTI is $65/bbl today

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Its the same price it was 2 years ago at this time. Its also the same it was 3 years ago at this time.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Its the same price it was 2 years ago at this time. Its also the same it was 3 years ago at this time.

False.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've never been able to understand the price of gas.

I won't pretend to start now.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

And that supports my point. The policies initiated during the Trump administration brought fuel prices down and stimulated the economy in a manner that hasn't happened for decades. All economic indicators were positive. Now fuel prices have returned to the level they were before his first term. The media is preparing us for much higher fuel prices this summer and blaming it on the supply chain. I call BS. It is govern ent policies and regulations designed to achieve a desired outcome. Kingfisher gets it although I think that is only part of it. Expect $7.00 fuel this summer.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
COVID scam killed demand for crude an fuel last year, quite obviously.

$7 ????? Not a chance IMHO.

Last edited by JGRaider; 05/04/21.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
The price of gas and diesel is based on the corrupt stock market prices.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 45_100

And that supports my point. The policies initiated during the Trump administration brought fuel prices down and stimulated the economy in a manner that hasn't happened for decades. All economic indicators were positive. Now fuel prices have returned to the level they were before his first term. The media is preparing us for much higher fuel prices this summer and blaming it on the supply chain. I call BS. It is govern ent policies and regulations designed to achieve a desired outcome. Kingfisher gets it although I think that is only part of it. Expect $7.00 fuel this summer.

Was Trump only president for a year? I was talking about 2018 and 2019. Last year it was lower because people were not driving as much. Also, during 2020, Russia and Saudi Arabia were having an oil price war.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Something weird going on up here too. Normally Anchorage prices are 10-14 cents a gallon lower than here in Soldotna. Last week they were the same or in some places, higher. Gas and diesel are both running $2.95 to $3.05, locally, depending on where you buy, and have been for some time.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 11point, 10gaugeman, 78 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,471
Posts18,451,724
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.