Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Freddy? Freddy the freeloader. I knew it was coming. The question was when. Wife, his sister knew it too.

He's been married 5 times, a 100 live ins, that's usually him living with them. After months another sister runs him off cause she can no longer afford him. His wealthier brother puts him up time after time, but not happy with it, just sibling love. Not sure if the guy don't get it , or is just a freeloader.
I gave him a weekly price to stay several years ago after I had had enough of him. He was gone in 2 days.

Then he was back back this year. Fed him good. Let him park a big enclosed trailer in the yard. Listened to his pipe dreams for 2 weeks, he's 65. Thinking over the top dreams gotta stop after 20 years of talking chit about them, I could go on about his crazy chit but you wouldn't believe me. And, I don't want to type that long.

WHY? did I let him come back again? One more chance....& wife,,,,, his sister/my wife owns half this house.

Well, yesterday I tell him $125 a week after 3rd week, he gets pissed & goes outside... Wife says unfair, so I follow him out & tell him that, so it's a $100 a week. Then he starts chit, even acts like he's gonna come at me a couple times. That's when I tell him it's now $500 a week, pay it or gtfo.

That happened. Of course wife is mad at me, but is relieved he's gone, just won't admit it. I feel sorry for the dumb SOB at times as it seems he just cant face modern times & reality, somebodies always out to get him. But I have to survive myself, as well as my wife. We're both retired & living meager.

Question is not that I'm an azzhole, I've admitted to this at times, but was the hard line with a moocher halfway sensible?

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I can only say “What took you so long?”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like you did fine to me. Sometimes you have to make those calls.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You tried.

That's all anyone can do.

You just can't help some people. Bottom line.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My son just booted out his best friend from Montana that's been sleeping on an air mattress in his dining room for nearly two weeks. Nice guy and all, it's just intrusive on son's young family after a few days of a live-in house guest. Especially when the ring camera at his front door goes off at 1 am when he rolls in.

The guy makes damn good money and can afford a hotel room.

When wife and I are houseguests with friends I try to limit it to 2 nights. 3 tops. After that you wear out your welcome IMHO.

ps - I've put up a lot of houseguests over the years. Some are great, some are not. Once kicked out my own Father in law.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i wouldn't care if the house was half hers, i'd tell her he has to gtfo asap. he could find a campground nearby and stop by occasionally for a meal. and then leave. if he's 65 and hasn't gotten his schit together, it ain't happening.

My diploma is a DD214
G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Dammit guys, not sure I'd get back up on the matter. Having a guilt trip all day. Maybe a bit softer than I thought I was. I usually take the hard/cold line & catch chit for it from some.

Logic,,,, not a bad thing IMO. Some can't deal with it.

Appreciate the thoughts,,, big time.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunzo
Dammit guys, not sure I'd get back up on the matter. Having a guilt trip all day. Maybe a bit softer than I thought I was. I usually take the hard/cold line & catch chit for it from some.

Logic,,,, not a bad thing IMO. Some can't deal with it.

Appreciate the thoughts,,, big time.

You were being too nice, especially if he has a history mooching. Hell find another victim to manipulate shortly.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Life's about helping others. If he needs help, help him. If he's taking advantage, that's another issue. If rent is out of the question, create work for him to do.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If someone is trying I will be one of the first people to help them anyway I can. I refuse though to allow some to turn a safety net into a hammock. You made the right call.
GreggH

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Freddy? Freddy the freeloader. I knew it was coming. The question was when. Wife, his sister knew it too.

He's been married 5 times, a 100 live ins, that's usually him living with them. After months another sister runs him off cause she can no longer afford him. His wealthier brother puts him up time after time, but not happy with it, just sibling love. Not sure if the guy don't get it , or is just a freeloader.
I gave him a weekly price to stay several years ago after I had had enough of him. He was gone in 2 days.

Then he was back back this year. Fed him good. Let him park a big enclosed trailer in the yard. Listened to his pipe dreams for 2 weeks, he's 65. Thinking over the top dreams gotta stop after 20 years of talking chit about them, I could go on about his crazy chit but you wouldn't believe me. And, I don't want to type that long.

WHY? did I let him come back again? One more chance....& wife,,,,, his sister/my wife owns half this house.

Well, yesterday I tell him $125 a week after 3rd week, he gets pissed & goes outside... Wife says unfair, so I follow him out & tell him that, so it's a $100 a week. Then he starts chit, even acts like he's gonna come at me a couple times. That's when I tell him it's now $500 a week, pay it or gtfo.

That happened. Of course wife is mad at me, but is relieved he's gone, just won't admit it. I feel sorry for the dumb SOB at times as it seems he just cant face modern times & reality, somebodies always out to get him. But I have to survive myself, as well as my wife. We're both retired & living meager.

Question is not that I'm an azzhole, I've admitted to this at times, but was the hard line with a moocher halfway sensible?

He wear a foghat t shirt???

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
You did the right thing, he is an ungrateful freeloader. He always will be.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Relatives and fish begin to stink after three days.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50

He wear a foghat t shirt???

No way!!

Sounds like a Heart fan. lol

G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by DMc
Life's about helping others. If he needs help, help him. If he's taking advantage, that's another issue. If rent is out of the question, create work for him to do.

Damn good thoughts man, but you'll just have to trust me on the fact that he's been offered a lot of help & opportunities. He just can't get a grip. A few years ago finding work for him was fruitless, & now that he's got his disability check, he thinks he's got a handle on it all.

The more I scan all this, the more I realize just how useless he is. Even though he has a likeable personality. Those are the worst aren't they.

G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
OK, now that the good ole boys have checked in, I'm not sure he even has a music favorite.

I tried to keep him from sleeping during the day with some Rare Earth, but that just made him smile.

Guess I could have played some Rap, but wasn't that desperate.

Had the weekly bill I gave him failed, the 500 watt Denon & shootin guns in the house was next.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Honestly, your wife and her siblings should be ashamed of themselves, enabling him all these years, he is now 65 and doesn't have enough time to change into a better life. Maybe he never would have but they will never know as he was always coddled and taken care of by his siblings.

At this point they should take care of him as he's never been taught to take care of himself.

It's tough to say no to family but at times it needs to be done.

If it's any consolation you're not alone, My BIL is a worthless piece of schit as well. My wife jumped on board with me when he stole from us, his mother kept enabling him even as he robbed her blind. He'll never change but at least his mother finally did at my daughters urging.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Had the weekly bill I gave him failed, the 500 watt Denon

Linda Ronstadt at 500 watts would probably work.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Had the weekly bill I gave him failed, the 500 watt Denon

Linda Ronstadt at 500 watts would probably work.........

LOL

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You have nothing to be ashamed about.

He was just taking advantage of you and the others till you/they got fed up with his antics.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,205
Posts18,466,106
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.