Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by gunzo
Freddy? Freddy the freeloader. I knew it was coming. The question was when. Wife, his sister knew it too.

He's been married 5 times, a 100 live ins, that's usually him living with them. After months another sister runs him off cause she can no longer afford him. His wealthier brother puts him up time after time, but not happy with it, just sibling love. Not sure if the guy don't get it , or is just a freeloader.
I gave him a weekly price to stay several years ago after I had had enough of him. He was gone in 2 days.

Then he was back back this year. Fed him good. Let him park a big enclosed trailer in the yard. Listened to his pipe dreams for 2 weeks, he's 65. Thinking over the top dreams gotta stop after 20 years of talking chit about them, I could go on about his crazy chit but you wouldn't believe me. And, I don't want to type that long.

WHY? did I let him come back again? One more chance....& wife,,,,, his sister/my wife owns half this house.

Well, yesterday I tell him $125 a week after 3rd week, he gets pissed & goes outside... Wife says unfair, so I follow him out & tell him that, so it's a $100 a week. Then he starts chit, even acts like he's gonna come at me a couple times. That's when I tell him it's now $500 a week, pay it or gtfo.

That happened. Of course wife is mad at me, but is relieved he's gone, just won't admit it. I feel sorry for the dumb SOB at times as it seems he just cant face modern times & reality, somebodies always out to get him. But I have to survive myself, as well as my wife. We're both retired & living meager.

Question is not that I'm an azzhole, I've admitted to this at times, but was the hard line with a moocher halfway sensible?

He wear a foghat t shirt???

I’m guessing Grateful Dead or Jimmy Buffet

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rare Earth? WTF.

You won't run anybody out with that.

Try Guns and Roses

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Freddy? Freddy the freeloader. I knew it was coming. The question was when. Wife, his sister knew it too.

He's been married 5 times, a 100 live ins, that's usually him living with them. After months another sister runs him off cause she can no longer afford him. His wealthier brother puts him up time after time, but not happy with it, just sibling love. Not sure if the guy don't get it , or is just a freeloader.
I gave him a weekly price to stay several years ago after I had had enough of him. He was gone in 2 days.

Then he was back back this year. Fed him good. Let him park a big enclosed trailer in the yard. Listened to his pipe dreams for 2 weeks, he's 65. Thinking over the top dreams gotta stop after 20 years of talking chit about them, I could go on about his crazy chit but you wouldn't believe me. And, I don't want to type that long.

WHY? did I let him come back again? One more chance....& wife,,,,, his sister/my wife owns half this house.

Well, yesterday I tell him $125 a week after 3rd week, he gets pissed & goes outside... Wife says unfair, so I follow him out & tell him that, so it's a $100 a week. Then he starts chit, even acts like he's gonna come at me a couple times. That's when I tell him it's now $500 a week, pay it or gtfo.

That happened. Of course wife is mad at me, but is relieved he's gone, just won't admit it. I feel sorry for the dumb SOB at times as it seems he just cant face modern times & reality, somebodies always out to get him. But I have to survive myself, as well as my wife. We're both retired & living meager.

Question is not that I'm an azzhole, I've admitted to this at times, but was the hard line with a moocher halfway sensible?

Don't let a manipulator ruin your marriage or your life by bringing uncalled for stress into your house

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 45_100
Relatives and fish begin to stink after three days.

Mark, isn't that a Ben Franklin paraphrase? smile smile smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Dammit guys, not sure I'd get back up on the matter. Having a guilt trip all day. Maybe a bit softer than I thought I was. I usually take the hard/cold line & catch chit for it from some.

Logic,,,, not a bad thing IMO. Some can't deal with it.

Appreciate the thoughts,,, big time.

He acts the way he does because of people like you and your wife

If your types didn’t exist he’d be a success.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Is this Clown a commie chit stain ?

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Morewood
Rare Earth? WTF.

Try Guns and Roses

saw Rare Earth them in concrete.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI

Well done but Jerky Boys can't hold a candle to Roy D Mercer.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Dammit guys, not sure I'd get back up on the matter. Having a guilt trip all day. Maybe a bit softer than I thought I was. I usually take the hard/cold line & catch chit for it from some.

Logic,,,, not a bad thing IMO. Some can't deal with it.

Appreciate the thoughts,,, big time.

He acts the way he does because of people like you and your wife

If your types didn’t exist he’d be a success.

This.

I don't know about a "success" per say but he sure would have found a way to fend for himself without all the handouts.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Rare Earth? WTF.

Try Guns and Roses

saw Rare Earth them in concrete.

Ties to the mob?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You're long suffering, I'll give you that.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Honestly, your wife and her siblings should be ashamed of themselves, enabling him all these years, he is now 65 and doesn't have enough time to change into a better life. Maybe he never would have but they will never know as he was always coddled and taken care of by his siblings.

At this point they should take care of him as he's never been taught to take care of himself.

It's tough to say no to family but at times it needs to be done.

If it's any consolation you're not alone, My BIL is a worthless piece of schit as well. My wife jumped on board with me when he stole from us, his mother kept enabling him even as he robbed her blind. He'll never change but at least his mother finally did at my daughters urging.

About the size of it.

I am MAGA.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
You are not responsible for the survival of anyone else except your offspring and even then only until they've reached maturity. We really need to get back to the "what can you bring to the table" mentality in this country.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You probably would have gotten a great deal of satisfaction from whooping his ass.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by 45_100
Relatives and fish begin to stink after three days.

Mark, isn't that a Ben Franklin paraphrase? smile smile smile

Around our family it was: "After three days, hand him a hoe."

Whenever I was hanging out with relatives. I grabbed the hoe as soon as the first lunch was over. Or before breakfast if I had spent the night.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I ve been married twice and i ve never had a decent brother in law,hell i never had a girlfriend that had a decent brother even,not a shooter or hunter in the bunch,just alot of mamas boys bums. My wife and i found out after her mother died,that her mom had been writing $200.00 a month checks to her brother for years.P.O.S. ,had been living off of a sick,deaf old lady for years.
Now he s living off of dead moms life insurance,,,his 1/3,,, when that runs out... he s f...ed.Not our problem,when my wife and her sister found out he d been living off her..........all hell broke loose."I was gonna pay it all back!!!"
B.S. Once a P.O.S always a P.O.S. a leopard never chages his spots.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
" ... When wife and I are houseguests with friends I try to limit it to 2 nights. 3 tops. After that you wear out your welcome IMHO."

As the old saying goes, "Guests and fish smell bad after three days." grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Well, he's a big sucker, about 6'4", got a hell of a reach, not to mention he's younger. I'd probably would have wound up adding injury to insult if I had to go a round with him. Plus, if I was getting hurt too bad I'd be the one in trouble as I'm gettin too old for that chit & equalizers could come into play.

The hell of it all for him, he's not a druggie, & drinks very little. Has owned 2 or 3 decent pieces of property. Constantly complaining about neighbors. I've told him he needed to work harder so he could buy in a better neighborhood. But talking to the wife's cat produces more results.

Hindsight is always so clear. Looking back, I could have stopped all this some years ago, or at least this time around. Just trying to get along, bit me. I try to get along with wife, but I've got one person I have to get along with, & that's me. I feel physically sick when I try to swallow something that's just not right with me. My lesson has been learned.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by superlight17b
I ve been married twice and i ve never had a decent brother in law,hell i never had a girlfriend that had a decent brother even,not a shooter or hunter in the bunch,just alot of mamas boys bums. My wife and i found out after her mother died,that her mom had been writing $200.00 a month checks to her brother for years.P.O.S. ,had been living off of a sick,deaf old lady for years.
Now he s living off of dead moms life insurance,,,his 1/3,,, when that runs out... he s f...ed.Not our problem,when my wife and her sister found out he d been living off her..........all hell broke loose."I was gonna pay it all back!!!"
B.S. Once a P.O.S always a P.O.S. a leopard never chages his spots.

learned after my mother died, she had been paying our youngest brother's bills for years. my other two brothers and I were not happy, then he came to my house and let himself into my dads apt and stole stuff of my moms out of my dad's safe, told him 7 yrs ago unless he apologized to our father and returned the stuff he took, I'd kill him if he came around. Have not seen or heard from him since.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
201 members (12344mag, 257 roberts, 257robertsimp, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 19 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 862 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,787
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.