Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
What has been your experience with cheapskates? Several mornings ago, we went to breakfast at the local cafe with another couple and an elderly single guy. All these people are well off, not rich but quite comfy . We had a good meal, promptly served by a nice waitress and coffee refreshed 2-3 times. When we go up to leave, the elder single left 50 cents on the table and the couple put down a dollar and a little change. I was kind of surprised as I never thought these people to be the type . I put down my usual 5 , none of them said anything.

[Linked Image]
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Couple of things

1. They are stuck in 1959 (“boy howdy, I made 50cents an hour at the lube rack and filling station when I dropped out in the 8th grade”)

2. They never had to wait on oxygen wasters like themselves that run a waitress around for 2 hours filling up a bottomless coffee cup

I see this at our local hardee’s (carl’s jr to you unchurched folks)

I go in there to catch a biscuit and cold drink and sit for a few minutes.

Table full of 80 years are in there every morning, could see them as I drove by the place on days I didnt go in. They never order thing to eat. They just get coffee, yuck it up, holler and make fools of themselves. One of them has this old Sea Hag wife that bring in some gallon size drum and fills it full of ice. Damn ice machine sounds like a slot machine for 5 minutes.

Just freeloaders

Aside, note: since covid, They are either croaked or are in hiding. Been right peaceful in there for my turn and burn visit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vegas runs on tips so I've found that most folks in the valley tip pretty well.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Biggest one I saw, go out to eat everyone is leaving a nice tip, one guy says I will go up and pay the bill. He pocketed all the tip money. Put it back after i called him on it.

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
.50 cent tip wtf as slumlord said they stuck in 1959??? While we are at it $5 bucks isn’t much of a tip these days. Let’s see what Wyoming pays for minimum wage.
$5.15 (Employers subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act must pay the $7.25 Federal minimum wage)

Last edited by 79S; 05/05/21.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
One year at my work we exchanged Christmas gifts and the supervisor set the limit for $20. We each drew names and most of us bought gift cards for each other. One of my coworkers gave a girl a set of cheap used ear buds that had ear wax on them. She was kind of hurt and confronted him about it and he laughed at her in front of us. She threw them in the garbage and blew it off. I felt kind of bad for her and bought her a gift card the next day and gave it to her.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BOY HOWDY!! Lol, heard a lot of old timers say that, wonder where that came from?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SandBilly
BOY HOWDY!! Lol, heard a lot of old timers say that, wonder where that came from?

They say that right after an SBD fart slips out.

You hear that, you better skedaddle

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

Maybe from the Howdy Doody Show. You gotta be an oldster to remember that!

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

They say right after an SBD fart slips out.

You hear that, you better skedaddle

😂

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most " comfortable" people are comfortable because they are greedy. Not all of course. Just most.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Riding on the coattails of the whole "age automatically gets you respect" thing.....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Jericho
One year at my work we exchanged Christmas gifts and the supervisor set the limit for $20. We each drew names and most of us bought gift cards for each other. One of my coworkers gave a girl a set of cheap used ear buds that had ear wax on them. She was kind of hurt and confronted him about it and he laughed at her in front of us. She threw them in the garbage and blew it off. I felt kind of bad for her and bought her a gift card the next day and gave it to her.

That ain’t a cheap Mo Fo, that’s a sorry Mo Fo.

We go dancing with several couples. I tip the DJ, he will play anything I want to hear. This one woman complains constantly that Nick won’t play any songs for me. I ask her if she tips him, she says no. I finally told her not to be a cheap ass.

There was a guy on a deer lease I was on that would bring a six pack to last the weekend. He never seemed to run out of beer. I wonder how he did that????

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
There is a guy in town that will watch for a table full of people who are just about to order another round.

He slides up and starts making small talk.

To be polite, most people include him in the round.

Sorry assed mfer told the check out girl at the grocery store the other day that he forgot his wallet.

They let him leave with his groceries. He did promise to come back........

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a guy invited by a friend of mine to his lake house for three days of fishing, he brought one steak and two potatoes. He’ll forever be known as “Two tater Tommy”

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Same idea at our Lake home. Son used to bring a buddy who then brought along his young kid. He would never bring anything but would eat and drink for hours while watching us take his kid out on the boat and feeding him treats. After about 3 of those visits, we told our son he was not welcome anymore. Son dumped him after he stole from him.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by chris_c
Biggest one I saw, go out to eat everyone is leaving a nice tip, one guy says I will go up and pay the bill. He pocketed all the tip money. Put it back after i called him on it.

Knew a guy who would collect cash for everyone’s bills and said he’d go put the lot on his credit card, told us all to go on ahead. Then he’d stiff the restaurant and pocket the whole lot. Someone finally caught him at it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I also knew a guy who would gather up plastic flowers from grave sites and resell them. Couldnt stand that MF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jericho
I also knew a guy who would gather up plastic flowers from grave sites and resell them. Couldnt stand that MF

Now that’s a real scumbag POS.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
When I saw him picking up the flowers he acted like he wasnt doing anything wrong

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 3,001 guests, and 1,403 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,659
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.