Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 41 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 40 41
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Wouldn't it be kind of weird if the head of the Catholic Church DIDN'T think it's teaching is the correct route to salvation?

Well then Steve do you see the irony of catholics getting all worked up when some MEMBERS of other Churchs say "bashing" things about them while the world wide LEADER of the Catholic Church is saying everybody that isn't catholic is going to Hell? I sure do.

Please don't feed the trolls!
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Throwing pearls into a pig sty is poor judgement. Is it also poor judgement to stop throwing pearls into that pig sty once you've gotten into the habit and others have taken-up the habit too? Is it also poor judgement to get out of the pork business and then to get rid of the pig sty? Or does established precedent oblige you to continue doing what you shouldn't've started doing in the first place?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
It's interesting that no one noticed it was gone until Steelhead commented on it. Since the news surfaced there's been an uproar and everyone has an opinion on what Rick should have done.

If it was that important, why didn't anyone notice it had ceased to exist ???????????????????

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by gene williams
Anybody who bashs the Pope and Billy Graham in the same post is [ at least ] an equal opportunity basher !

I am a great admirer of Billy Graham and read the post when it was entered . I didn't respond and this is why :

The Reverend Graham didn't change one whit because some keystrokes were made in cyberland . Neither did the Roman Catholic church , for that matter .Why would I want to give Sanlen an excuse for defending his statement about Dr. Graham ?

You can bet he has reasons sufficient to him for his views and can express them pretty eloquently,or at least better than me .A man who disdains the Pope AND Billy Graham marks himself as being pretty far out in his view of christianity .

That doesn't mean I should dis-regard everything else he has to say .Some guys think Rem 700's are better than winnies but also allow that a 30 06 is the best cartridge in existance .I don't discount both views because one of them is wrong !

Maybe I got a thicker skin than some on here , 'cause I sure do like Billy and I didn't get riled up .

Gene,

You can dislike what I say, even be mad at my opinuion if you want,

BUT DON"T ACCUSE ME OF SAYING THINGS I DIDN"T.

None of those statements were mine. My guess right now (though I'd have to look to see) is they were all said by the same person.

[Linked Image]
"What will you say when God asks you 'why?'"

KJ believer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone with any sense can read my posts to CATCF( if that is still posible)and find that I tried to bash no one but tried to find unity in diversity( the concept of a university as a place of learning)with fellow believers.

Perhaps Rick might be surprised( perhaps not) that as a Baptist,the people who offended me the most were the same fundamentalists that offended him. I really found the notion of meeting and learning from and with other believers worthwhile.

Even spent a little time reseaching Catholic doctrine and papal history as well such Catholic concepts as Eucharist,Seven Sacraments,Papal Infalibility,The Immaculate Conception,Perpetual Virginity,Purgatory,and others.

I don't find all of them in scripture but I understand the Catholic reasons for all of them a little better now. I even went so far as to ask a lay leader of the local Catholic parish if a noncatholic could recieve communion as I wanted to experience a Catholic Mass fully for myself.

If Rick were here,I'd invite him to my church for a visit for sure. As much as I understand his reasons for ending the forum,I think there are better reasons for allowing it to continue perhaps in an amended form.

After all,if we love the Lord, He will expect us to get along with each other forever,looks like for His sake we could find a way to do it now.

Britt

Last edited by ruraldoc; 08/14/07.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I am curious if Rick can do what a Canadian site has done with certain parts of their forums, that you have to be granted access to it.
So unless you have permission it is locked.
Would this not work for those that want to be in it?

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
there's been an uproar and everyone has an opinion on what Rick should have done.

He should have done whatever he wants done. It's his forum.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
no-one noticed because all the weirdo's where somewhere else, now they are here spreading their touchy-feely bullsh!t.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, is it the profession of faith that is important? I would think so. I think of the soldier on the battle field who accepts Christ in his heart and is killed before he can be physically Baptized. No way I would believe he is lost. If you look at John 3:16 I'd say that sums the requirement up. Maybe all the other stuff is required to be acknowledged as a part of Christ's Church by fellow followers, but really isn't necessary for recognition by Christ, or to receive the gift of his atonements. Debatable points all.

But back to Rick's decision. If they debate became argument, that's ok. But if it degraded to the very un-Christian tossing of insults, then it was rightfully shut down due to being un-productive. The statement that it was due to catholic bashing is what's got me. To throw up a protective barrier for one religion and not all is in my view wrong. If it became an issue of general bashing then we have a different matter. The question is, would it have been shut down for Baptist bashing? If so, then ok. But if not then it's a bias position. You know, when I was my father would use the "My House" or "My Roof" thing. That would kill any argument by shear exercize of authority, but never did it automatically make him right.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sanlen - he didn't say you said that.

Me

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I've studied the origins and history of the Roman Catholic Church � even read Father Chiniquy's hard-to-find autobiographical Fifty Years in the Church of Rome � and its spin-offs. I find it significantly at odds with my understanding of God's great eternal plan for us.

But God, for whatever His reasons may be, lets it continue to operate. So who am I to try to discredit it or to destroy it? I see chinks in its walls, but I'm content to let God work on 'em as He sees fit. One theme of my book In Step with the Master is to let God guide His own Hand in the great spiritual storm that He is even now stirring, which no "wood, hay, or stubble" will survive.

Ken,

Those are my exact feelings as well. I've even said very similar things. Welcome to the ranks of Catholic bashers.

[Linked Image]

KJ believer
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Wouldn't it be kind of weird if the head of the Catholic Church DIDN'T think it's teaching is the correct route to salvation?

Well then Steve do you see the irony of catholics getting all worked up when some MEMBERS of other Churchs say "bashing" things about them while the world wide LEADER of the Catholic Church is saying everybody that isn't catholic is going to Hell? I sure do.

That might bother me if I thought I was headed there. Thing is, I don't. But others might.

Another thing is there will be lots in hell who never thought they would be. And bad as that is, they will be really ticked off not to be able to find a lot of those they were convinced had a ticket already. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
oldie often worth resurrecting:

"If you'll stop telling lies about me, I'll stop telling the truth about you."

smile

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by teal
Sanlen - he didn't say you said that.

Why would I want to give Sanlen an excuse for defending his statement about Dr. Graham ?

Looks like he did to me.

[Linked Image]

KJ believer
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Here is an example of what they require for the equipment exchange part of the forum.
From the site I mentioned.

First, Read the Following Rules and Guidelines

No for sale (FS)/or want to buy (WTB) ads of illegal or questionable items. Questionable items include, but are not limited to:

Magazine Kits.
"80%" or partially completed receivers or receiver stampings.

No selling of stolen government property. This includes any DND equipment item, which has not been released to the general public for sale. CGN members might be asked to provide proof of purchase from mods, if the origin of the item is deemed questionable. Sale of stolen goods will result in a permanent ban from CGN without warning.

No for sale (FS)/or want to buy (WTB)ads of fully assembled, non-commercially produced reload ammunition. This means no "home reloads". This does not apply to components.

No selling of tobacco and alcohol

No for sale (FS)/or want to buy (WTB) ads of airsoft guns. Please conduct your airsoft guns related trading on the Airsoft Canada. This policy is to discourage the selling and buying airsoft item to minors. All airsoft guns related trading post will be removed without warning.

All items listed for sale must include a price. This is not an auction/bidding site. No links to off-site auctions are permitted. "Make an offer" posts with no listed base price are not acceptable, and may be deleted without notice.

Want-to-Trade (WTT) posts with no price are acceptable, provided the buyer/seller lists the specific items being sought for trade.

If you have multiple items for listed for sale/wanted, please put them in one post. Members are allowed a maximum of two (2) active threads per Exchange forum. Ads in excess of two may be deleted without warning.

Do not post the same ad in more than one forum. Multi-forum ads may be deleted without warning.

Members may "bump" or bring their ad "back-to-the-top" (BTT) every seven (7) days only. Ads BTT'd sooner than that may be deleted without warning.

If you are adding or editing info in your ad, please edit the original. Do not BTT it with a new post. Bumping an ad with new/edited info may result in it being deleted without warning.

If your item has been sold/found or a deal is pending, please edit your ad to reflect this. If you no longer require the ad or the deal has been completed, please put "DELETE" in the thread title. This makes forum clean-up much easier for the volunteer moderators.

Now, do the following

Go to your UserCP,
Click on Group Membership,
Select Join Group for Equipment Exchange Users Group and,
Click Send.
By doing so, you are agreed to have a clear understanding to the above rules and condition; Please Note: Failure to comply with these rules may result in temporary or permanent suspension of a member's Equipment Exchange privleges. Thank you for your co-operation.

Last edited by Partsman; 08/14/07.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I stand corrected - I had not seen or did not remember that other part.

Me

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If it was that important, why didn't anyone notice it had ceased to exist ???????????????????
How did you know they didn't notice and just didn't hang a post about it? I noticed before Steely hung his but I'm kinda shy. smile

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sanlen
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I've studied the origins and history of the Roman Catholic Church � even read Father Chiniquy's hard-to-find autobiographical Fifty Years in the Church of Rome � and its spin-offs. I find it significantly at odds with my understanding of God's great eternal plan for us.

But God, for whatever His reasons may be, lets it continue to operate. So who am I to try to discredit it or to destroy it? I see chinks in its walls, but I'm content to let God work on 'em as He sees fit. One theme of my book In Step with the Master is to let God guide His own Hand in the great spiritual storm that He is even now stirring, which no "wood, hay, or stubble" will survive.

Ken,

Those are my exact feelings as well. I've even said very similar things. Welcome to the ranks of Catholic bashers.

Sanlen - would you say that what I posted by that particular poster - the comments that led Rick to drawing the line in teh sand are Catholic bashing or do you consider them "Spreading the Truth!"?

Me

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've never seen this many fleas arguing over who owns the dog. smile

Maybe God just got tired of being everyone's excuse to argue with each other and moved upon Rick to close shop. You know this constant harping and moaning has GOT to get old.

Do Jews go to heaven?

Do Catholics go to hell?

Is a preacher a real preacher if he can't trace his lineage back to some mythical 1st century apostle?

Is God a buddhist?

This place doesn't need a Christ at the Campfire forum, it needs a philosophy professor and a therapist. I don't know about you guys but I have never been around a campfire where this stuff was talked about. Although I will admit that God does play favorites at the poker table, I see no evidence aside from that to prove he likes any of you better than the others.

Lighten up! My goodness. Some of you guys act like you enjoy being miserable. Autumn is just around the corner.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Page 16 of 41 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
814 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 12308300, 80 invisible), 3,202 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,714
Posts18,400,344
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.