24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't get paddled much in school. However, I got paddled as a freshman in high school for pranking the gym teacher. I was told on a Friday that it would be administered on Monday. I had all weekend to sweat it.

That is, that was the intent. Instead, I had time to think this out. On Monday, I had thick typing pad stuffed down my pants. Those things were used to deaden the sound of typewriters. I showed up for the paddling before class on Monday. The gym teacher had one other teacher as a witness. I bent over and . . .

"Thunk."

The gym teacher had grabbed me by my belt to steady me. When he administered the swat, he was so panicked he dropped me. I fell to the floor. Of course, I played it up. The two teachers were really upset. It had been this ungodly hollow sound. My first impression was that they were on to me, but as I lay there I realized it was an over-the-top success.

"Bruce! What did you do to him?"

"I don't know Dave! " said the gym teacher, examining the paddle.

I crawled up off the floor and acted hurt. I was due for two more swats, but they begged my forgiveness and I went on my way.

Nobody ever knew. I got special treatment from the gym teacher after that. He was always my buddy.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got my backside warmed pretty often in the lower grades,
stayed out of beating trouble in the upper.

Dad used the belt, can still hear the buckle, then it snapping as it cleared his
belt loops. The big cracks were on the way!

That was minor compared to Mom.
She grabbed what she could get, and any where from shoulders
to ankles were fair game.

Teachers?

Hell!
My ass barely noticed their paddles.
More embarrassed than anything.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
When the schools became left wing nesting grounds with indoctrination principles, they lost the ability to discipline my children.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A tour of the principal's office in first grade revealed the notorious
"electric paddle" displayed on his wall. Nobody wants that.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When I was in school we had primary school, first through seventh grade. Nobody got paddled at Ashford Park School. My neighbors were Catholic and they had stories there, in third grade, that all the nuns carried little wooden rulers and they would whack a kid across the knuckles! They said it hurt.

High school was 8th through 12th grade. All the coaches had paddles and so did the Principal. Naughty boys got a "lick" frequently.
Coach Braswell's paddle was a baseball bat. He had the wood shop "filet" the thing, so that it had a regular baseball bat handle, then the bat itself was only 3/4 inch thick.
It was like a 1x4 with a baseball bat handle.

Coach Braswell could really get up some board speed with that thing and it was feared by all the boys.
Girls never got a "lick." This was in the Deep South, sexism I guess.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Nuns. The rulers and pointers. They also had an arms treaty with the male gym teacher for the serious infractions.
Afterwords as noted above the home front was the final challenge.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by ironbender
There’d have been a big problem if anyone at a school laid a hand on my kids.

I won't tolerate a teacher, or any other school employee, so much as verbally reprimanding my children.

I hope you child gets a snowflake as a boss when they get older than. They might be in for a rude awakening otherwise.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dale06
The only time I want my kids spanked in school is when they deserved it. Nothing wrong with a deserved swat or three on the ass.

That makes you a fugking idiot.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shaman
I didn't get paddled much in school. However, I got paddled as a freshman in high school for pranking the gym teacher. I was told on a Friday that it would be administered on Monday. I had all weekend to sweat it.

That is, that was the intent. Instead, I had time to think this out. On Monday, I had thick typing pad stuffed down my pants. Those things were used to deaden the sound of typewriters. I showed up for the paddling before class on Monday. The gym teacher had one other teacher as a witness. I bent over and . . .

"Thunk."

The gym teacher had grabbed me by my belt to steady me. When he administered the swat, he was so panicked he dropped me. I fell to the floor. Of course, I played it up. The two teachers were really upset. It had been this ungodly hollow sound. My first impression was that they were on to me, but as I lay there I realized it was an over-the-top success.

"Bruce! What did you do to him?"

"I don't know Dave! " said the gym teacher, examining the paddle.

I crawled up off the floor and acted hurt. I was due for two more swats, but they begged my forgiveness and I went on my way.

Nobody ever knew. I got special treatment from the gym teacher after that. He was always my buddy.

You're retarded.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Parents or teachers can discipline (with spankings' if necessary) or the police can handle it later. Which do you prefer?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wonder what she's going to do after the school shows the consent form the mother signed for spanking permission.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I would never let some beta minus school teacher lay a hand on my kids. Parents are responsible for good kids and bad kids. Schools and teachers are responsible for the gender confused, entitled punks that are tolerated and set on ruining the culture built by the strong independent thinkers and doers.

Kids are being denied an education by those kgunts that are afraid of a bug.

Anyone who would trust them to do the right thing is also a beta minus. Touch my kid and I will fug you up.

YMMV

mike r

Yepper.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got beat pretty much daily from 7th grade to somewhere around 10th grade. I started playing football in 10th grade and seemed to mellow out after that. 7th grade...at LEAST 3 times a week. every and I mean EVERY teacher in our school had a paddle. a big-un too. some were thicker than others, but they ALL had one even the females.

throwing books, spitballs, running in the halls, teenage boy jackassery.

my dad also was a firm believer in corporal punishment (the physical kind, not the death kind). My dad had an oak chair slat. ouch. He wore a belt too, if you heard that belt slapping the loops as he yanked it out, you knew you dun foooked up.

I am convinced that got me through Marine Corps training..

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I would never let some beta minus school teacher lay a hand on my kids. Parents are responsible for good kids and bad kids. Schools and teachers are responsible for the gender confused, entitled punks that are tolerated and set on ruining the culture built by the strong independent thinkers and doers.

Kids are being denied an education by those kgunts that are afraid of a bug.

Anyone who would trust them to do the right thing is also a beta minus. Touch my kid and I will fug you up.

YMMV

mike r

Yepper.

Big plus 1

MAGA
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Had like 1 asthma kid in school growing up.
ADHD?? Dont remember any of those types.
Get Azz whippings at school.
Schittttt......
Btdt...

Rite of passage and cred.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I would have never tolerated that in the 8th grade!

Lol, were there any adults big enough to do that when you were in the 8th grade?

Maybe just.

They wouldn't have liked it though.

Jim:
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking fine down on the High Line and you and all your fine family are well.

Meant to say how much I enjoyed the biker video too, thanks for sharing it.

Anyways, your Grade 8 story twigged a memory long gone and I hope it's okay I share it.

Back in the '70's in Saskatchewan, we had to stay in school until we were 15 or completed Grade 8. There were a few that didn't quite make either however.....

One of the most hated classes was the mandatory French language class, as this was the Trudeau senior era where he'd given western Canadians the finger - yah he did that from a train in Salmon Arm - and then told us to "sell our own damn wheat" and then prevented those who tried.

Anyways, let's just say most parents then didn't support little Johnny getting taught French - but there it was.

Our 7th French teacher that year, yes Jim, we weren't easy on them either looking back, was one Pierre Coquette who was straight out of Quebec and likely was just in the wrong place at a worse time. He wasn't a big fellow, but quite fit.

My sometime friend Keith W, wasn't a big kid really, but nobody messed with Keith because he was one of those kids who came from a rough home and was "well versed in the language of fisticuffs and violence" shall we say.

Mr. Coquette had a wild temper. He'd throw books, chalk board erasers or whatever was handy and then go off like a bottle rocket, turning the most red I'd ever seen a human turn while angry.

Our family Jim, were staid Germanic folks who didn't yell, didn't show emotion, didn't raise your voice other than to livestock or dogs... we were that other group.

So to the meat of the story, one day Keith was being Keith in class and Mr. Coquette blew a gasket and threw some books or a stack of papers onto Keith's desk - clearing the desk top right smartly. Then Mr. Coquette began to yell in French at Keith as he grabbed him by the shoulders, attempting to get him out of the desk.

Well Keith came out of the desk quicker than Mr. Coquette had envisioned, and as we used to say in Saskatchewan, "laid shoes to plumbs"! eek

Mr. Coquette dropped like a rock, but very quickly was back up again, headed out of class after Keith, who at that juncture must have made the life choice school wasn't really his thing any longer.

The last time I saw Keith in a school anywhere, he and Mr. Coquette were circling down the hallway towards the exit, each grabbing each other by the shoulders and attempting to repeat Keith's earlier martial arts maneuver. whistle

Funny I don't recall Mr. Coquette coming back to class ever again either Jim - he might have or not - I can't say now, but if he did it wasn't for long. The next and last French teacher they brought in was a very pretty younger lady and she certainly had all of us Grade 8 boys on our best behavior, but that's another story for another day.

Thanks for the Grade 8 memory from long, long ago Jim. All the very best to you and your wonderful clan out there on the Montana plains sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
When I was in grade school we had a principal that was known for his ass whipping. The kids that frequented his office said it was hell. I only had to go to his office only once, and I was scared [bleep]. When I got in there, he sat me down and chewed my butt, and got a nice varnished board off of his desk that was drill full of holes and showed it to me . It had Board of Education engraved on it.
He must have decided I had been educated enough at home and let me go. I never darkened his door step again . The education continued at home if necessary.

My wife just retired from teaching and she said no kid ever got touched by a teacher Strictly enforced!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A guy in my HS senior class tried to burn down the assistant principles home for hitting his little brother.

He was run through the juvie court, never came back to school.

Assistant principle stopped corporal punishment.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Yeah, whatever: “ The mother says she felt she couldn’t intervene and stop the beating because she is undocumented.”

Set up, looking for a pay out.

Spank my kid, I’ll watch and then I’ll act like I never gave consent. Even though the principal stands there with a paddle.

Says she “sacrificed her kid”. Sure.

When we moved as a child, my father dropped us off at school. He told the principal if we needed the paddle he had his permission up front. We got swats for safety violations and in gym class for horse play, not dressing out or trying to sneak out of gym without a shower.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hubert
if I got smacked at school I never told my parents, or I would get more at Home...my sweet sis would not tell on me.. Fighting was not a whipping offense..

This exactly. If I had gotten rolled up by the cops, I would have been safer staying in jail.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
567 members (219DW, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,736
Posts18,401,088
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.