Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
TimZ Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Sound like it is just waiting on Gov. Abbot's signature, and he is in favor.

It's not clear to me if the law requires you to conceal your handgun, or you can mosey through HEB with a Model 29 in a shoulder holster?

GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Old lady’s will have the Big Iron on their hips!!!

TimZ Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Time to break out the double cowboy action shooting rig!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TimZ

It's not clear to me if the law requires you to conceal your handgun, or you can mosey through HEB with a Model 29 in a shoulder holster?

Are you sure?

As of this morning it was being sent back to the House.
A couple of threads on this already, did you read them?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You could already walk around with it not concealed if you had a CHL. I don't know why they would now restrict someone to having the weapon concealed.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Awesome!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DubThomas

You could already walk around with it not concealed if you had a CHL. I don't know why they would now restrict someone to having the weapon concealed.

One needs a concealed carry license to carry open?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ironbender

One needs a concealed carry license to carry open?

Under current regulations, not a "concealed" license, but a License To Carry LTC (open or concealed). This, once signed by Abbott, will eliminate the need for the LTC (open or concealed) while in Texas. People keep calling it a CHL (concealed handgun license), but it was changed to an LTC in 2016.

Last edited by RyanTX; 05/06/21.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RyanTX

One needs a concealed carry license to carry open

Under current regulations, not a "concealed" license, but a License To Carry LTC (open or concealed). This, once signed by Abbott, will eliminate the need for the LTC (open or concealed) while in Texas. People keep calling it a CHL (concealed handgun license), but it was changed to an LTC in 2016.

Thanks for the explanation. Tough to believe TX is like that.

eta: is that because of the 1871 law in TX about not carrying off ones own property?

Last edited by ironbender; 05/06/21.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O

One needs a concealed carry license to carry open

Thanks for the explanation. Tough to believe TX is like that.

eta: is that because of the 1871 law in TX about not carrying off ones own property?

I remember a while back when I was researching CCP reciprocity that it seemed TX was pretty restrictive on open carry at the time...
Maybe because of an influx of people from other states?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Not quite. The senate made a couple of changes and by TX law it has to go back to the house so they can vote on the senate version. Abbott has said he would sign a bill if it hits his desk.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I hope they don’t do away with the LTC. I really like being able to skip the instant check process.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

It is in the Texas constitution that people have a right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves or the state, but that the legislature has the right to regulate the wearing of arms in public. Hence, the LTC laws and now possibly "constitutional carry".

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I hope they don’t do away with the LTC. I really like being able to skip the instant check process.

That’s NOT gonna happen. State likes collecting fees too much.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MAC
Not quite. The senate made a couple of changes and by TX law it has to go back to the house so they can vote on the senate version. Abbott has said he would sign a bill if it hits his desk.

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

They won't. A lot of people will probably still get it for the reciprocity with other states.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

They won't. A lot of people will probably still get it for the reciprocity with other states.

PREZACTLY!!!

And no NICS check when purchasing a firearm, either.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
It’s to bad that if Texas is constitutional carry and ND is, that they would recognize each other and other constitutional carry states.

TimZ Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well, guess I didn't read the article this morning closely enough......got the impression it was now going to Abbot.....thanks for the correction.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,421
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.