Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Time again for my annual fishing report. Been a weird year with a late spring for us and cool water temps. But hey, work sucks and I hate mowing the grass so we’re fishing.

An unusually cold week in February killed a bunch of our shad making bait tough to come by. We have a pond that’s plumb full of little 3” perch though so plan B isn’t a problem. Been catching a few catfish and the bite is getting better every day. Nothing big yet but the big girls have to eat and they’ll be going into overdrive soon in preparation for the spawn. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The trolling is a conflict for me, the boy loves to ride in the boat and run the motor but it coincides with the best catfishing. The best plan is to troll when it’s nice and catfish when it’s blowing. Or on weekends troll early, nap, and catfish until 1am or so. Hard to pass up a bucketful of saugeye, not much that swims in freshwater that’s better tablefare. We killed it last night dragging plugs, a bunch of nice eyes plus a bonus of decent crappie and a couple big sandies. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

More to come....

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Good times making memories.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Love it Mate !!!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That young man is loving life!

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
that whipper snapper needs come fish the salt someday.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing better for little kids then fishing, they don't have to freaking be big ones >they just have to get them some ...then you're hooked for life !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Last nights haul. Ole Dad was cleaning and bagging fish until past bedtime, 4:45 came early today. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
For the electric knife naysayers
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A few incidentals. Never know what you might drag up out there. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Funny looking little flathead. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Nothing better for little kids then fishing, they don't have to freaking be big ones >they just have to get them some ...then you're hooked for life !

This is the truth as far as I can see. I’ve never taken a kid fishing that didn’t end up having fun.

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by stxhunter
that whipper snapper needs come fish the salt someday.

Someday Roger. Boy wants to go back to Alaska, he was born there but we left when he was 11 months old. Plan is when he’s 10 or 12 we’ll do a cast and blast bear and fish trip. Of course I’ve never fished the gulf and would like to so we might have to go down there in the meantime.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pretty good haul. 👍😎

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
NICE!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheKid
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Lol, I used to hold my Dads Salmon poles just like that when I was his size.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Nice sandy. Trolling, throwing crank baits?

Time again for my annual fishing report. Been a weird year with a late spring for us and cool water temps. But hey, work sucks and I hate mowing the grass so we’re fishing.

An unusually cold week in February killed a bunch of our shad making bait tough to come by. We have a pond that’s plumb full of little 3” perch though so plan B isn’t a problem. Been catching a few catfish and the bite is getting better every day. Nothing big yet but the big girls have to eat and they’ll be going into overdrive soon in preparation for the spawn. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The trolling is a conflict for me, the boy loves to ride in the boat and run the motor but it coincides with the best catfishing. The best plan is to troll when it’s nice and catfish when it’s blowing. Or on weekends troll early, nap, and catfish until 1am or so. Hard to pass up a bucketful of saugeye, not much that swims in freshwater that’s better tablefare. We killed it last night dragging plugs, a bunch of nice eyes plus a bonus of decent crappie and a couple big sandies. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

More to come....

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
We drag mainly Berkeley Flicker shad jointed cranks, a few Shadraps, and DT10s. Pull them about as slow as our 20hp Zuki will go.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We drag mainly Berkeley Flicker shad jointed cranks, a few Shadraps, and DT10s. Pull them about as slow as our 20hp Zuki will go.

flicker shads work great for sandies, smallmouth trolled. I use lead core line. Thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great pics!

Thanks for sharing.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Really cool pics!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Was just about to ask what you like pulling !

Thanks.

What depth you getting them in ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Great Catch, little man getting big!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those are some great, lifetime memory pictures. Wish I had some pics of myself when I was about that age in my grandfathers aluminum boat. But back in the 1950's folks like him didn't lug around cameras except on holidays & special events.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

616 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,030 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,258
Posts18,448,140
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.