Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
For sale: Used Browning A-bolt II, Composite Stalker, 243 Win.

I'm not the original owner, but he stated the round count was approximately 250. I haven't fired this rifle, so I cannot attest to it's accuracy. I'd rate the rifle at a solid 93-95%. It has a few scuff and scratches on the stock from hunting use; nothing major. The same could be said for the bluing, some bluing wear near the crown, but the crown is perfect. I tried to capture the flaws with a cell phone camera FWIW. There is a fleck or two of rust on the barrel that should come off easily and some bluing wear and rust flecks on the bolt knob. Recoil pad is in very good condition. Includes the Weaver or Warne bases; not sure which they are as I didn't look closely at them. All-in-all, it's still a very nice rifle.

Not interested in trades at this time. Looking for $550 shipped to the lower 48; insurance is on you. PayPal FF, or you cover the fees without mentioning a firearm sale, USPS Money Order, Personal/Business/Cashier's Checks will be held until they clear.

First public I'll take it trumps all.

If you need more detailed pics, just ask and I'll be more than happy to text or email them.

Thanks for looking.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Tag

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Tack driver at 100Yds????

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mookie
Tack driver at 100Yds????

Originally Posted by StudDuck
For sale: Used Browning A-bolt II, Composite Stalker, 243 Win.

I'm not the original owner, but he stated the round count was approximately 250. I haven't fired this rifle, so I cannot attest to it's accuracy. I'd rate the rifle at a solid 93-95%.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
PM sent

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a 300 Win Mag and a 308. These are my go to rifles when it's time to suck it up and get tough. I think of them as my 4 wheel drive rifles.

Both are tack drivers.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Would be a fantastic candidate for a rebore at JES. Would be a heck of a package as a .358 win.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I had the same exact rifle. It shot well. I sold last year. Prefer a shorter barrel 243....

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 99guy
I have a 300 Win Mag and a 308. These are my go to rifles when it's time to suck it up and get tough. I think of them as my 4 wheel drive rifles.

Both are tack drivers.

Although I've never fired this rifle, I've never owned an A-bolt or A-bolt II that didn't shoot well.

All PM's returned.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Nice rifle.
I have an A bolt stalker in 204, it's a shooting sombitch.
Wish I had the extra money for this one

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Bump for a good deal

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
PM sent

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
All PMs replied to.

The "flaws" in the bluing cannot be detected on a cell phone camera regardless of the lighting; I've tried. In a normally lit room, they are invisible, but can be seen under a bright light or direct sunlight.

I always like to rate the condition of a rifle lower than what it actually is. Under-promise and over-deliver....everyone is happy.

I've got numerous references here and if it makes anyone feel better, I'll offer a three day return period. Return shipping and insurance is on you, but if you don't like it, I'll send your money back. No questions asked.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 99guy

Both are tack drivers.

Although I've never fired this rifle, I've never owned an A-bolt or A-bolt II that didn't shoot well.

All PM's returned.

My A-bolt II Composite Stalker in 7mm-08 is the best-shooting “out of the box” rifle I’ve ever owned. No reason to think this .243 is any different.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Up.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
^^^

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll take it

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,921 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,357
Posts18,468,926
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.