Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antlers
Personally, I don’t find cussin’ offensive. I do find back stabbing, lying, cheating, and phuukin’ people over offensive, but not cussin’.

Yep, couldn't agree more.

I try not to cuss around women & children.

Happens sometimes, but very rare.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lvmiker
JFC, there are a bunch of judgemental priques on here. Were I as delicate I would search out a more refined group of old bidtches with whom to sip my tea.

GFY

mike r

YES, once again GFY very appropriate. I'm starting a campaign to make GFY a national slogan. who's with me.

MAGA GFY!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was 8 the first time I heard the F word . it was 1945 when my uncles came home from WWII .. I wondered why they were saying that word..I always used SOAB until then.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Well, folks, if you are talking of the Lord's name in vain, just don't do it.

Taking the Lord's name in vain has nothing to do with exclaiming "Jesus fugking Christ" after hitting your finger with a hammer or saying "god damnit" when you drop your car keys. But of course 90% of the idiots that fill up those big buildings every Sunday morning will gleefully tell you it's a sin.

It isn't.

Taking the Lord's name in vain means you're using people's faith and belief in God to do evil things. Examples of this would be convincing minors to suck your dick in the name of the Lord (Dave Koresh) or to swindle people out of their money (Jimmy Swaggart) or to commit heinous acts by presenting yourself as a prophet that can communicate with God directly (Jim Jones.) It can also mean to blaspheme God. i.e. "He is not the one true God."

If people actually read the God damned Bible, they would know this type of schit.

Best sheit ever written here 🤣🤣🤣

I don't trust a mf'er that don't cuss.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Mashed potatoes are good. They're even better with salt & pepper. Same thing with language.

First time I said "schitt" in front of mom is when dad and I got home from my first deer camp ever. I got "the look" from the old man. Didn't happen again until high school or first year of college. Good times.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I use it a number of times every day, mostly to myself or in traffic. I don't give a [bleep] what the bible thumpers say. If God is going to lock the door to heaven because I cuss, I don't want to be there anyway.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
My second favorite word that starts with F is Friday.
My parents never used or allowed it but I went to work at a restaurant at 14 and construction at 16 so it kinda came naturally. Still don’t understand why people are so offended by it. The same folks offended by words are ok with actions I find offensive.

It’s a [bleep] sound, get over it you pussy!

WTF is an F-bomb?

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It often amazes folks to find out I never served in our country’s navy.

Amazing what home study can accomplish.

I can however alter my language to suit the environment

As for here on the fire F you guys.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mirage243

Fuqk You!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone starts by saying he/she does not understand why other people are offended by his/her use of the F word, and tells them to get over it. The replies are diverse – ranging from it’s OK – it’s nobody’s business – I don't trust or won’t associate with anyone who does not use it – it exposes illiteracy and indicates low class – you should not use it in certain circumstances – nasty habit and shows you have no self-control – it is not Christ-like and indicates sinfulness, etc., etc..

More analytical (maybe) types chose to give rather elaborate interpretation of Scripture (maybe self-serving?) – cite scientific studies claiming that use of the F word indicates superior intellect – say it’s offensiveness is the same as prosperity theology – doesn’t deserve holier than thou judging – explain the difference between cussing and cursing – handy way to be edgy, defy societal norms and attack hypocrisy – those who don’t like it are fake-ass Christians (that is forbidden judging and is cursing according to a definition) – and so forth.

What’s new? Most expect the freedom to say anything they wish. Some wish to offend with speech. Others choose to not listen to vulgarity. Some say it is good for their expression. Some say it denotes low character.

Some say it is none of your business if I use it, but it is my business to put you down you if you don’t like it. Some want to use the “literature” to support it, some want to redefine certain literature for similar reasons. Some who use it seem defensive and need/seek justification. Others see no available justification. Etc.

I do wonder about the intent of the OP and what may have been expected.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by mirage243

Fuqk You!!

Fuqk you to, mf'er 🤣🤣🤣

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by CCCC
Someone starts by saying he/she does not understand why other people are offended by his/her use of the F word, and tells them to get over it. The replies are diverse – ranging from it’s OK – it’s nobody’s business – I don't trust or won’t associate with anyone who does not use it – it exposes illiteracy and indicates low class – you should not use it in certain circumstances – nasty habit and shows you have no self-control – it is not Christ-like and indicates sinfulness, etc., etc..

More analytical (maybe) types chose to give rather elaborate interpretation of Scripture (maybe self-serving?) – cite scientific studies claiming that use of the F word indicates superior intellect – say it’s offensiveness is the same as prosperity theology – doesn’t deserve holier than thou judging – explain the difference between cussing and cursing – handy way to be edgy, defy societal norms and attack hypocrisy – those who don’t like it are fake-ass Christians (that is forbidden judging and is cursing according to a definition) – and so forth.

What’s new? Most expect the freedom to say anything they wish. Some wish to offend with speech. Others choose to not listen to vulgarity. Some say it is good for their expression. Some say it denotes low character.

Some say it is none of your business if I use it, but it is my business to put you down you if you don’t like it. Some want to use the “literature” to support it, some want to redefine certain literature for similar reasons. Some who use it seem defensive and need/seek justification. Others see no available justification. Etc.

You must like to type. Which is funny because no one pays attention to your essays.

LOL

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Knowing Jack, it was designed to illicit responses that would eventually lead to a summation.

Congrats !

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The song "Shut your fugging face uncle phugger" just wouldn't be the same without it.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

You must like to type. Which is funny because no one pays attention to your essays.

LOL

mike r

laugh

I'd pay to see a cage match type-off between CCCC and Seafire.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by trplem
The song "Shut your fugging face uncle phugger" just wouldn't be the same without it.

You're a boner biting bastard Uncle Fugger....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You must like to type. Which is funny because no one pays attention to your essays.LOL mike r
Obviously, you paid. And, you are incorrect - I dislike typing. I do sometimes enjoy helping fools expose themselves. Congrats.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add
I'd pay to see a cage match type-off between CCCC and Seafire.
Probably you don't have enough $$ to generate that - i dislike typing and would not engage any contests - not worth your money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Knowing Jack, it was designed to illicit responses that would eventually lead to a summation. Congrats !🦫
Thanks! I did ask the OP person a while back. Summarized in my head as I read through the posts - thought "OK, let's post a summary - outside chance it will ring some bell or scratch some itch - maybe the OPer's"

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I simply wondered how human beings become socially conditioned to be offended by a sound. The ear hears buck, cuck, duck, luck, muck, puck, ruck, suck, tuck, yuk and it’s all good, but [bleep] is offensive?

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,380
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.