Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Conservative MP Blaine Calkins sponsors petition E-3388 on RCMP's Secret Long-Gun Registry

Long Gun Registry Petition

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It talks about enacting a commission to ensure that it’s destroyed.

I want a commission to investigate and lay charges against those who broke the law!

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I would write Blaine Calkins.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Conservative MP Blaine Calkins sponsors petition E-3388 on RCMP's Secret Long-Gun Registry

Long Gun Registry Petition

Its about time they're fighting that idiot Trudeau and the crazy uneducated liberals up in Canada

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Let's face it. It is absolutely no surprise that the long gun registry was never destroyed.
I never had any doubt that it still existed.
Any data that they can so easily keep secretly will be kept secretly.
And, they won't face any consequences for it.
And even if they promise to destroy it yet again, they will simply lie and hide another copy.
Technology has made it very easy to store and duplicate information endlessly.
It never disappears.

This MP is perfectly aware of this.
His petition is really just another empty promise which will buy him some votes from us gun owners.

Last edited by saddlegun; 05/07/21.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
There's no reason to be grumpy. This isn't another COVID post.

If you would like to sign the petition, be my guest.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlegun
Let's face it. It is absolutely no surprise that the long gun registry was never destroyed.
I never had any doubt that it still existed.
Any data that they can so easily keep secretly will be kept secretly.
And, they won't face any consequences for it.
And even if they promise to destroy it yet again, they will simply lie and hide another copy.
Technology has made it very easy to store and duplicate information endlessly.
It never disappears.

This MP is perfectly aware of this.
His petition is really just another empty promise which will buy him some votes from us gun owners.

When the Government lies to its Citizen's I will meet their lies with my own lies. Trust between Canada and its Citizen's is at an all time low.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's never been "destroyed". Probably archived in hundreds of places and many of those probably unsecured. Took the book off the table but many copies left in the library. Guaranteed it was used in the High River gun grab during the flood a few years back. They can "destroy" it all they want for public relations exercises but it's always going to be there..

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

If you would like to sign the petition, be my guest.

Not Grumpy. Just being realistic.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by bushrat
It's never been "destroyed". Probably archived in hundreds of places and many of those probably unsecured. Took the book off the table but many copies left in the library. Guaranteed it was used in the High River gun grab during the flood a few years back. They can "destroy" it all they want for public relations exercises but it's always going to be there..

Well, it's like in the old novels when someone pays off a blackmailer, and they say:

"Don't worry, I destroyed all of the negatives."

Sure..........

The thing is that the old registry has become outdated and may not be very useful anymore, to know who owns what.

But it DOES tell police who the gun owners are if they feel the need to respond.

However, with the impending legislation, it's all about to change.

With every long gun transfer requiring that gun shops and individuals verify PAL's for each and every sale, and with both being required to keep detailed records of said sale, it becomes an easy matter to keep track of exactly who bought what, and when, and where.

And, should a gun shop go out of business they are required to deliver said sales records to the federal government.

Easy-Peasy back door registry.

Last edited by saddlegun; 05/08/21.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
We could use something in this section other than COVID chat and grumpy Gusses complaining about everything. We get that every day in the news.

There are a lot of pleasant things to talk about. What happened to fishing trips, hunting/range/shooting/competition events? Camping? Hiking? Reloading? Firearms chat?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
We could use something in this section other than COVID chat and grumpy Gusses complaining about everything. We get that every day in the news.

There are a lot of pleasant things to talk about. What happened to fishing trips, hunting/range/shooting/competition events? Camping? Hiking? Reloading? Firearms chat?

I agree that it would be nice if we could focus on what you say, but we don't all of the time. And you only have to look at what the Americans post in their section to realize that it is far worse, in that it is predominantly a toxic stew of racism, ridiculous ultra-right conspiracy theories, and Christians who preach bigotry.

In any case I find it odd that you would post this petition story in the first place, which has nothing to do with camping, hiking, reloading, hunting, or competition.

Then when you receive rational discussion about it, you proclaim that everyone are "grumpy gusses" for discussing it, rather than simply saluting it.

And now you want to change the subject entirely?

I don't think that anybody is being a grump here.

They are just expressing their concerns about the supposedly erased long gun registry, which seems right and proper.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
The strange posts are mostly in the Campfire forum. The area is referred to by many as the top forum. My personal belief is that most of the COVID posts in the Canadian forum actually belong there. I believe they are what you described as "ridiculous ultra-right conspiracy theories".

WRT the petition, it is firearms related. I hope that I don't have to explain that. It was a notification that if you wished to sign, feel free. I provided the link

Feel free to post a discussion on fishing, hunting, camping, shooting, competition, the outdoors, hiking, etc. should you be inclined. It would be a pleasant change.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The interaction from some of the posters here is very odd indeed. I think People will post whatever they want so long as its within the rules of the forum.
Not what a couple bullies or left wing hacks tell the members to post up.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 673
The interaction from some of the posters here is very odd indeed. I think People will post whatever they want so long as its within the rules of the forum.

I certainly hope that the members will indeed post whatever they wish within the rules of the forum.

I for one strongly believe in freedom of speech, as I have said frequently.

And I believe very strongly that the members DO have every right to discuss and freely debate the topic of the thread.

As for falsely labelling those who may disagree with you as "left wing hacks" and "bullies", I would remind you that you also referred to me in the "Gun Shop Private Rules" thread as a:

1) Paid troll / United Front type.
2) A communist / antifa type.
3) A dumbphuck.

All in the same posting. grin

Does this silly rhetoric really work for you in this forum?

But anyway, I would hope that the members will not be deterred from speaking their mind.

So, I would still be very interested in hearing more opinions about the long gun registry or about the petition, from other members, as I am sure that Steve would.

Last edited by saddlegun; 05/08/21.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am not interested in hearing any gun registry opinions. This is a hunting forum. I expect everyone is of the same mind.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlegun
Originally Posted by 673

I certainly hope that the members will indeed post whatever they wish within the rules of the forum.

I for one strongly believe in freedom of speech, as I have said frequently.

And I believe very strongly that the members DO have every right to discuss and freely debate the topic of the thread.

As for falsely labelling those who may disagree with you as "left wing hacks" and "bullies", I would remind you that you also referred to me in the "Gun Shop Private Rules" thread as a:

1) Paid troll / United Front type.
2) A communist / antifa type.
3) A dumbphuck.

All in the same posting. grin

Does this silly rhetoric really work for you in this forum?

But anyway, I would hope that the members will not be deterred from speaking their mind.

So, I would still be very interested in hearing more opinions about the long gun registry or about the petition, from other members, as I am sure that Steve would.

LOL...yeah

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I am not interested in hearing any gun registry opinions. This is a hunting forum. I expect everyone is of the same mind.

Does it matter what you are interested in hearing ? Asking for a friend. Nobody is forcing you to read or even open a thread you are not interested in are they ?

BTW any gun registry implications would be of interest to hunters I can assure you.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by yukon254

Does it matter what you are interested in hearing ? Asking for a friend. Nobody is forcing you to read or even open a thread you are not interested in are they ?

BTW any gun registry implications would be of interest to hunters I can assure you.

Bang on again

Steve has the strange idea that only his interest/opinions are important.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (14idaho, 280shooter, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 9 invisible), 1,540 guests, and 729 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.