GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't Be Good for Much?.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Caplock
What does the mark DBGM stand for?

Did you try Google? I did a quick search and found the answer easily.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Agreed

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
DBGM= Deutsches Bundes Gebrauchsmuster

Auf Deutsch......

Das Gebrauchsmuster ist der „kleine Bruder" des Patents und ein Schutzrecht des gewerblichen Rechtsschutzes. Die Unterschiede zum Patent sind mit den letzten Änderungen des Gebrauchsmustergesetzes geringer geworden. Ende 2017 standen in Deutschland 81.001 Gebrauchsmuster in Kraft, 13.299 Neuanmeldungen sind in diesem Jahr erfolgt. Geschützte Produkte werden häufig mit der Abkürzung „DBGM" für ‘Deutsches Bundes-Gebrauchsmuster‘ gekennzeichnet.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=Deutsches+Bundes+Gebrauchmuster&atb=v1-1&ia=web

and in English.......

"The Gebrauchsmuster is the little Brother of Patents pertaining to the "little brother" of the patent and a property right of industrial property rights"

An explanation via Google.......

In German and Austrian patent laws, the Gebrauchsmuster (GebrM), also known as German utility model or Austrian utility model, is a patent-like, intellectual property right protecting inventions.

The Gebrauchsmuster is slightly different from the patent. It mainly differs from the patent in that processes and methods cannot be protected by a Gebrauchsmuster, only products can. Furthermore, the term of a Gebrauchsmuster, that is its maximum lifetime, is 10 years from the date of registration. In contrast, a patent has usually a term of 20 years from the date of filing of the application.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gebrauchsmuster

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Zehr Gut

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 04/26/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Good information. Thanks..

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

You are totally right. When I was forteen one of my classmates bought the Puma Automesser/auto(mobile)knife. Same shape as the White Hunter but with grip panels made of tropical hardwood. I got envy but couldn't afford that knife which he had bought in a local gun shop for 79 Deutsche Mark in 1978. Years later I bought a White Hunter but never used it. I carried it a lot on hiking trips but only my pocket knife was used or an axe for the brutal camp stuff.

I sold the knife but later regret it. But I won't by a White Hunter never again.

Just a few weeks ago while watching hickok45 on YT I was quite astonished the he had two German Puma knives in use: the Hunter's Pal and (not the White Hunter) but the Puma Bowie Knife which seems to me almost as useless as the White Hunter.

Elmer Keith
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I actually purchased both the Bowie and the Auto Messer while stationed in West Germany. Still have them both......

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That's funny, and true.

I bought one in 1970 when I was in 4th grade because I thought it was beyond cool. I scrimped and saved til I could afford it - an extravagant purchase for a kid! My 4th grade teacher conducted a "knife club" after school once a month in our classroom. I remember well when "knife club day" arrived. I brought the Puma to school and showed the beauty to my teacher. We stood admiring it together when he finally said - "now Brad, that's a great knife, but keep it in your desk til' after school, ok?"

Man the world has changed...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 22 invisible), 1,686 guests, and 986 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,207
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.