Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 46 of 46 1 2 44 45 46
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Holy Smokes, we've got two threads of people sitting at a bench?

Not all of us can by 3 gun bad asses like you.. only shotgun I own is a Iver Johnson single shot, my pistol is a hi-point in a 380..

Not me man. I can’t afford to 3 Gun anymore. I’m impressed with what you did. I even approve of your target.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Holy Smokes, we've got two threads of people sitting at a bench?

Not all of us can by 3 gun bad asses like you.. only shotgun I own is a Iver Johnson single shot, my pistol is a hi-point in a 380..

Not me man. I can’t afford to 3 Gun anymore. I’m impressed with what you did. I even approve of your target.

Lol I’m messing with you, 2 and 3 gun guys are pretty damn impressive. If shooting 2 or 3 gun were easy everyone would be doing it.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by 4th_point
And a 1-4x for 79S?!

Yep, that's very impressive for sure.

MM

And a Green Mountain Barrel.

Cost adjusted, it's even more impressive.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Well SOB I guess I’m not a winner 😭

2 different threads; I haven't see a tabulation on the 2nd one (MOA All Day), but I'd say you are on top in that one.

MM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He is. And with BSA's post yesterday, he DQ'd all of his own iron sight target entries. They were shot on small bore targets with larger scoring rings than the MR31 targets required by the rules he so diligently enforces. Too funny.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There isn't a required target. Looks to me like the only rule 79 didn't follow was scribbling "79S" on the target. I'm sure he could fix that.

Heck, he even posted his pics in the correct order.

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Remember for those posting in those threads that there are rules regarding targets and other criteria. 79s posted some nice targets, as did some others that were not as per rules. Shoot 2 nice 10 shot groups, side by side on the appropriate targets and follow the rules.

Originally Posted by wareagle700

The Rules:
ALL targets must be shot from 100 yards.
20 rounds will be scored, flyers included.
The rifle can be shot from any position as long as the shooter is supporting the rifle. Bipods, slings, and rear bags are ok to use. NO bench rest, lead sleds, or machine rest may be used.
All 20 rounds must be fired on the same day, from the same rifle.
Iron Sights will fire two 10 shot groups at the reduced 600 yard NRA targets.
Scoped rifles will fire two 10 shot groups at the target listed below (different targets are ok, just make sure both groups are on the same piece of paper)
Iron sighted rifles and scoped rifles will be ranked separately.

Please have your post in this Order:

1) Picture of rifle and setup.
2) Picture of 100 yard range.
3) Picture of target (optics) or targets (irons) with 20 rounds through them. (place calipers or ruler laying over one group for reference)
4) Description of rifle and ammo used.
5) For optics, list your group sizes and the average. For Iron sights, please list the group size and score.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by 79S

First picture is the rifle that did the deed,18 inch green mountain barrel with a 1-4 SWF a scope
[Linked Image]

The target at 100 yards
[Linked Image]

And ladies and gentlemen here are the targets for your new black rifle moa challenge king.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

As you can see it was shooting low at 100 yards with this load next range trip I will make the necessary adjustments up this load will be my 100 yard reduced match load for NRA/CMP high power matches. The rifle is currently zeroed for 77-80’s

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a requirement for an MR31 target for the iron sights since there was a request to post numerical scores for iron sights.

I do not see any sense in a requirement for the scoped targets either as group size only is being posted. I do find it ironic that BSA would be so picky about rules that he does not follow himself.

79S is still the man regardless.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
79s posted some nice targets, as did some others that were not as per rules.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Somebody seems to be a poor sport...

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So I’m a winner??? Needless to say I’m confused

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let me tell you something about this ol pieced together junk of an AR. Rost who hasn’t shot mid-range/hi power match in a long time. Came out last year and he shot a 195 and I forget how many X’s At 600yds. At the time rifle was wearing a 10x on it. But it tells you something about green mtn barrels, but also tells you something about Rost and how good of a shooter he is. Don’t sell them short, they make a great barrel! Also when camp perry shooter tells you to do something’s like Rost did. One tends to listen, Christ sakes he beat tubbs at perry that’s good enough for me. I don’t need a fella hanging out at the local 100yd rifle range giving me high power advice. Same with bluedreaux if he offers advice I’m listening granted you might not like what they say but it’s probably going to be solid advice.

Last edited by 79S; 05/08/21.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
BSA is a douche bag.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Green Mountain barrels can be found with several others names on them. They make good barrels. But it takes a good shooter too. Congrats 79S

I talked to some HP guys today that held a small match at our club. The wind we had today was horrible, their 200 yard targets were not. I was impressed but during the conversation, we agreed that as long as we’re shooting, who cares how we’re doing it. Just as long as it ain’t off a bench.

Last edited by TWR; 05/08/21.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR
Green Mountain barrels can be found with several others names on them. They make good barrels. But it takes a good shooter too. Congrats 79S

I talked to some HP guys today that held a small match at our club. The wind we had today was horrible, their 200 yard targets were not. I was impressed but during the conversation, we agreed that as long as we’re shooting, who cares how we’re doing it. Just as long as it ain’t off a bench.

I agree as long as we are shooting. We had a NRA sanctioned midrange match today. 60rds at 600yds, the wind was doing some crazy stuff today. I shot AR tactical class, I shot an abysmal 564-10x’s. I was dancing around the X ring all day.

Page 46 of 46 1 2 44 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,949 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.